Author Topic: Love, Kelly: Tweet  (Read 3628 times)

Re: Love, Kelly: Tweet
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I disagree that they wouldn't be a good combo.  Love wants to play down low and KO doesn't.  Seems like a good fit to me.  Love wants to shoot, KO wants to set picks and pass.  Again, seems like a good fit to me.  Kelly just wants to keep his guy from getting the rebound, Love wants to go get the ball.  Again, seems like an OK fit.

If Olynyk were to be his backup, sure; pairing them together is about as open an invitation for the opposing team to score at will in the paint as one could feasibly imagine. You can't ignore the defensive end.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 08:10:36 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
That said, if you're going to slowly buy into this, you should more readily buy into Love's assertion from today's media session that he expects to be playing in Game 1 for the Cavaliers next season.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 08:28:01 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Both Love and Kelly don't want to be down low. Love more than KO. Kelly is a poor defender and so is Love.
Love needs D. Jordan type of center or at least a WCS. Plus a Crowder type SF. To allow him to play less then spectacular defense, and be the center of the offensive scheme. Which should pay off with him getting big numbers.
Throw in IT, Smart, AB, and hopefully an improved James Young. 

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
There will probably be about 10 more things like this twitter note saying Love and KO are cool or the interview where it looks like he will stay. It's gonna go back and forth for a while. While we are more likely to not get him than get him, there is enough of  shot that we'll keep reading all these things all summer.

As for KO and Sully, if we get Love things change. Now, they are somewhat playing on potential. We still don't know if they can really bring it as starters on a really good team one day. If we get Love, the question becomes can either of these guys be a good and affordable backup. I suspect they will both fall in that no-mans land of too good be be a backup for a star but not good enough to be a key starter themselves. So if we get Love, we probably start looking for good deals for both of them. We'd have a year to trade Sully and 2 for KO. Hopefully we could get a future pick with some shot of being lotto for each of them but who knows.