Author Topic: I have seen enough  (Read 2405 times)

Re: I have seen enough
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 08:35:56 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I find Memphis got enough offensive plays to win it all. Gasol and Randolph always find each other in the paint and also can shot externally making it too difficult to defend them. Conley is just great in assist and penetration. TA can score too and the bench always bring energy offensively when the team needs to, especially Pondexter.
That being said,  the only thing they don't have is experience in finales.

Spurs got the better shot to beat Miami. I think it will depend on Splitter's performance. If he's great, I say Spurs got 50% chance. But they will have to pass Memphis without injuries first.

As much as I wanted OKC to win this year, I believe they never got a chance this year even with Westbrook. Coming playoff, they struggle on defensive team. They lack a threat in the paint offensively. Not to mention Perk is struggling on defense against Memphis.

GS have grown so fast during this playoff. They still lack experience to win it all for now. Can't wait to see them in the 2014 playoff.

Chicago lost it in game 2, giving too much confidence to the heats. I'm afraid they will lose fast.

Indiana is painfull to watch them offensively. If the paint is locked they look like they don't know what to do. I hope they will win 4-1 to knicks and make a 7 game series with Miami.

Anyway it's the first time I watch the playoffs without Boston and it feels strange...

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I do think match up wise Memphis will be the toughest for Miami. But I don't think they'd beat Miami. Miami's help defense on the wings is very disruptive and none of there wings are very threatening for Miami. So I don't see Memphis scoring enough to beat Miami.

Conley would have to play above his head against Chalmers/Cole for it to work, I don't see that happening for four games.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 09:02:50 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think the only teams with a chance to beat the Heat are:
1) Memphis
2)The Bulls (with at least Deng+Hinrich for the rest of the series)
3) The Pacers

How come?
They are the biggest, most physical teams left and Miami wants to avoid this type of series.
Memphis is my choice and I actually have a sportsbet on them to win it all at 50-1 from the start of the season. I could not believe that the odds were 80-1 when they went down 1-0 against the Clippers.

If Memphis makes it through, I can see them dominating Bosh and whoever goes up against their twin towers. Tony Allen can guard Lebron or Wade and Conley can punk Chalmers.

The most overrated 'contender' is the Spurs to me. They always do well in the regular season but get killed in the playoffs by their lack of athleticism- they are just too old now to be real contenders. They are built for the regular season but are pretenders to win it all.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.