Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 28227 times)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kawhi Leonard is obligated by Sec 10(c) of his contract to report to Raptors within one week. If doesn’t, w/o reasonable excuse, he’d be subject to discipline by (i) Raptors (or, if trade voided, Spurs) and (ii) NBA, for conduct prejudicial to NBA under Art 35(d) of Constitution.

https://twitter.com/albertnahmad/status/1019572260196188160?s=21

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Toronto in a tough spot with Derozen if this trade gets voided.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://twitter.com/MyNBAUpdate/status/1019627319550361600

Ouch.
Would
What's it say?

Kawhi might sit out another year. "No interest" in Raps..

That's a breach of contract. Raptors and/or the league should take legal action. This is getting a bit out of control, players can't just refuse to play and still get paid.
he can fake injury. No legal action can ever prove he isn’t hurt

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Well, there's definitely going to be a challenge for us in Toronto.

People keep dumping on the East, but to me, Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee stack up pretty well against GSW, Houston, OK City, LA, Utah. Golden State is a cut above until somebody beats them, but does anybody think Houston vs. Toronto or Boston is a walkover? OKC vs. Philly or Indiana? I don't.

Totally agree. I never got the argument that the WC is better than the EC just because it attracts more stars.

exactly. once upon a time yes

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

That’s a bit high for the Sixers. We practically swept them without Kyrie and Hayward, and if anything, they got worse this offseason.

How did they get worst? Everybody is back

They also got a nice prospect with 10th pick

They actually lost two key bench players (Illyasova and Bellinelli) who did help them in the regular season. Then their replacement for Illyasova reneged on a deal for them and went over to europe. Their rookie is a very nice prospect that could be awesome, but is also very raw and not expected to play a ton this year. So they could be a bit worse than last year, but maybe the same cause of growth from simmons and fultz. However, to put them in the same category as houston is absolutely ridiculous. Houston has twice as good title odds as the 76ers despite having to get through the warriors just to reach the finals.

I really thought after striking out on george, Lebron and Leonard the philly crazy stuff would settle down a bit on this board, but I was sadly mistaken.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
LULZ..

Sources tell SN's @SeanDeveney Kawhi Leonard has "no interest" in the Raptors and could sit out. https://readsn.com/2Nomlo6

Why would any C's fan want this weirdo at this point

career suicide if he tries this again

best for him to play out this season at least

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Ouch.
Would
What's it say?

That's a breach of contract. Raptors and/or the league should take legal action. This is getting a bit out of control, players can't just refuse to play and still get paid.

Alonzo Mouring did something simular many years ago.   Never liked the guy since.   

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Leonard is a complete headcase.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Spurs organization a big sigh of relief...unless trade is rescinded for whatever reason

Raptors way of thinking "he can't sit out 2 seasons in a row, unless he wants to end his NBA career "

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
As long as Leonard doesn't go directly to the Lakers or Warriors, I'm ok with him moving.  I'm not sure how he's going to fit in with Toronto.  And I doubt he's going to stick around after 1 year there.  On paper Toronto improves for this year, but is it enough?

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

People keep dumping on the East, but to me, Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee stack up pretty well against GSW, Houston, OK City, LA, Utah. Golden State is a cut above until somebody beats them, but does anybody think Houston vs. Toronto or Boston is a walkover? OKC vs. Philly or Indiana? I don't.

Totally agree. I never got the argument that the WC is better than the EC just because it attracts more stars.

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

That’s a bit high for the Sixers. We practically swept them without Kyrie and Hayward, and if anything, they got worse this offseason.

they traded 10th pick for 16th pick and 2021 Miami 1st

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
As long as Leonard doesn't go directly to the Lakers or Warriors, I'm ok with him moving.  I'm not sure how he's going to fit in with Toronto.  And I doubt he's going to stick around after 1 year there.  On paper Toronto improves for this year, but is it enough?

A healthy Leonard is dangerous

If Raptors had him last season (healthy),  he would have slowed down Lebron (possibly shut him down)

Possibly a different outcome

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Ouch.
Would
What's it say?

Uh as someone who works for an insurance company, there are lots of legal examples to the contrary.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

right right.  Still a decent pick as Smith was suppose to go higher

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Ouch.
how would you prob
Would
What's it say?

Uh as someone who works for an insurance company, there are lots of legal examples to the contrary.
how would you prove his quad injury isn’t 100% healed and he isn’t feeling a pinch in the quad?

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

right right.  Still a decent pick as Smith was suppose to go higher
smith is a poor mans Avery Bradley with a worse shot