Author Topic: Jozy Altidore  (Read 2697 times)

Jozy Altidore
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Is anyone else more impressed with him then any other young player that has come from the USA.  I mean this guy has showed more promise AND talent then guys like Eddie Johnson or DaMarcus Beasley/Landon Donovan when they were playing when they were young.  This guy is a flat out beast.  He also has the size to be one of the top strikers in the world.  This guy is one of the reasons why I am extremely excited to see what the USA can do in the 2010 cup.  I know the USA will not win it, but I think they have the talent to make some noise.   
do it

Re: Jozy Altidore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:43:36 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
He was really awesome last night, at only 19 the sky is the limit for him. Eddie Johnson has no chance of getting the starting striker spot back, Jozy has it locked down for a while. A true striker is something that has been missing from team USA since McBride retired internationally, and it's great to have one back.

I really liked the lineup last night and hope to see it used more often, Beasley and Hejduk as wing backs creates havoc, and I prefer Donovan as a wing rather than in the middle, stick with it until it stops working. Mastroeni will play more like a defender so the wing backs can really push forward, it gives the US a lot of options and flexibility, plus the opportunity to switch things up on opponents, something they haven't done in the past.

I will also be very disappointed if Frankie Hejduk hasn't cemented his spot in the starting 11, he plays like an animal and is relentless keep him out there, he makes a huge difference.