Author Topic: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18  (Read 31594 times)

Re: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18
« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2018, 11:30:04 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Not putting the sole blame on him, but I also think Tatum's struggles really hurt us.

He shot 2-9, and missed some wide open shots in the 4th quarter as well.

But obviously he's young and hitting the rookie wall now, so I'm not concerned and still think he will have an extremely bright future.

Also, am I the only one who gets frustrated seeing Morris just jack up a lazy looking bad shot (especially a long 2 or a 3 while covered) acting like he's Curry... seemed like he did that quite a bit tonight as well. Shot 5-15 tonight.

If Smart wasn't injured I'd seriously consider assigning Tatum to the G-League for a game or 2, just to give him a boost of confidence and get out of the funk he's in.

« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Boston is severely undermanned but have shown they are the team that can push the warriors

If only they could push the Bulls, Magic, and Lakers ...
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Not putting the sole blame on him, but I also think Tatum's struggles really hurt us.

But obviously he's young and hitting the rookie wall now, so I'm not concerned and still think he will have an extremely bright future.

Also, am I the only one who gets frustrated seeing Morris just jack up a lazy looking bad shot (especially a long 2 or a 3 while covered) acting like he's Curry... seemed like he did that quite a bit tonight as well. Shot 5-15 tonight.

If Smart wasn't injured I'd seriously consider assigning Tatum to the G-League for a game or 2, just to give him a boost of confidence and get out of the funk he's in.

You think demoting him would RAISE his confidence?

He's already proven that he belongs here.  Just let him work it out.

« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2018, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
This team with Gordon Hayward will beat the Golden State Warriors in a 7 game series.

This team with Gordon Hayward will SWEEP the Cleveland Cavaliers in a 7 game series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #439 on: January 27, 2018, 11:40:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
WOW Klay Thompson held to just 7 points tonight, KD with 20.

But Curry went OFF for them.

Holy hell, I didn't realize he had 49.

Yeah, I'm fairly confident that we win this one with Smart. He's by far the best option we have in guarding someone like Curry.

But also good to see that Smart wasn't the last man taking the shot lol. See what happens when you give Rozier the ball lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #440 on: January 27, 2018, 11:41:31 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Imagine having someone like a Lou Williams coming off the bench for this team. That'd be huge for us, and I would think he's fairly attainable via the DPE and LAC pick, too.

I don't think he will be available. Clippers in playoff hunt and Pelicans could drop a bit in standings too.

I think Tyreke Evans is the ideal target but idk what it would take to get him.

I think Tyreke is the guy too. Memphis is in tank mode now with Conley going down for the season. We may be able to get him without using the DPE. You can send Yabu + the 2019 MEM 1st, then save the DPE for buyout season (Hi Greg Monroe). That would be my angle.

That Memphis first is protected the next few years right? Unprotected in 2021? That feels like an eternity from now but there’s probably a halfway decent chance that pick is really nice by that point.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #441 on: January 27, 2018, 11:41:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Adam Himmelsbach

@AdamHimmelsbach
In two games this season the Celtics and Warriors played to a 197-197 tie.

10:18 PM - Jan 27, 2018
 2 2 Replies   90 90 Retweets   165 165 likes

it should be an interesting nba finals.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2018, 11:45:49 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Its not a demotion. It works for baseball players, why not for the NBA? Even in other competitions, some players in slumps perform better when they play against lower competition and dominate.

Of course I'm not saying this is the right course of action, and that it will most likely happen, but it can work. Give him a free reign like Donovan Mitchell has and get more reps.

« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Its not a demotion. It works for baseball players, why not for the NBA? Even in other competitions, some players in slumps perform better when they play against lower competition and dominate.

Of course I'm not saying this is the right course of action, and that it will most likely happen, but it can work. Give him a free reign like Donovan Mitchell has and get more reps.

I agree with Atzar. NBA is different than MLB, I think sending him to the G-League would hurt his confidence. The best course is to let him play through the bumps at this point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I agree with letting Jayson play through the bumps but when it's obvious he doesn't have it or lost his courage in big games then just don't play him as much.

« Reply #445 on: January 28, 2018, 12:03:51 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
I agree with letting Jayson play through the bumps but when it's obvious he doesn't have it or lost his courage in big games then just don't play him as much.

I also think that he should play it through, but sometimes winning comes first, and if he plays bad, he gets less minutes and doesnt get the chance to get out of his funk. In turn his confidence takes a dive anyway. That's why it made me consider just let him dominate G-League and maybe he gets confident. It worked for AB, it could work for Tatum.

Not saying its what I would do, but its a consideration if I was in charge. (of course I am not, so relax)

« Reply #446 on: January 28, 2018, 12:27:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Tyreke Evans for Yabusele + 2019 Memphis Pick?

Yay or Nay?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #447 on: January 28, 2018, 12:30:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Yay or Nay?

Nah, that pick could be golden.

Any chance the Lakers trades Clarkson to us for couple of 2nd rounders?  ;D

« Reply #448 on: January 28, 2018, 12:31:27 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

The G league that’s crazy?

The bench, maybe. But even that I’m not convinced. I think a minutes reduction would definitely help him though

- LilRip

« Reply #449 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:55 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

Yay or Nay?

I’d rather not trade a 1st rounder for Tyreke, especially since I don’t know how well he’d fit with the team, defensively. On offense, another playmaker who can finish at the rim would be terrific off the bench, but can he communicate on D?

- LilRip