Author Topic: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18  (Read 31325 times)

Re: Celtics (34-14) at Warriors (39-10) Game #50 1/27/18
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Imagine having someone like a Lou Williams coming off the bench for this team. That'd be huge for us, and I would think he's fairly attainable via the DPE and LAC pick, too.

I don't think he will be available. Clippers in playoff hunt and Pelicans could drop a bit in standings too.

I think Tyreke Evans is the ideal target but idk what it would take to get him.

His price tag might be big too. He's playing the best basketball of his career right now.

« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2018, 11:10:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Add Hayward, smart, and  DPE guy

« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2018, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Good game.  Curry was spectacular in the second half. 

We've had some unexpected success against them in the last few years, but the fact is that we don't have the firepower to take them on in a seven-game series.  We only have one guy who we can ask to go get us 20+ every night.  They have three.  I know our defense is great when we're locked in, but that's just a huge mountain to overcome. 

We have help coming next year.  Hayward will return, hopefully at 100%.  Brown and Tatum will be another year better.  But this year, we are who we are.

« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2018, 11:10:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Need to add some more scoring. If they do that they have a chance

« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2018, 11:11:20 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Insert Hayward and Smart in this game instead of Ojeleye and Larkin. Wow.

Fun fact about tonight: The last time the Celtics lost to the Warriors in Oracle, the starting lineup was Avery Bradley, Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger, Jae Crowder, and Brandon Bass.

Why does that feel so long ago?

« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2018, 11:11:29 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I saw many uncalled fouls, especially the left handed shot by Kyrie where he was clearly fouled with no call. I would say the biggest reason we lost tonight was Tatum. He played timid and passed up all the shots on the pass and decided to dribble into trouble and lose the ball. He played like a rookie and should have reduced his minutes in lieu of Morris or Rozier. Well played game by just about everyone EXCEPT Tatum and a few NON-CALLS. On to Denver. BTW, Marcus picture punching Smart we could have used you tonight. BTW MJohnnyboy you cannot complain about Larkin's play.

« Reply #426 on: January 27, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Not putting the sole blame on him, but I also think Tatum's struggles really hurt us.

He shot 2-9, and missed some wide open shots in the 4th quarter as well.

But obviously he's young and hitting the rookie wall now, so I'm not concerned and still think he will have an extremely bright future.

Also, am I the only one who gets frustrated seeing Morris just jack up a lazy looking bad shot (especially a long 2 or a 3 while covered) acting like he's Curry... seemed like he did that quite a bit tonight as well. Shot 5-15 tonight.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
When Boston is locked in they win the East

« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Not putting the sole blame on him, but I also think Tatum's struggles really hurt us.

But obviously he's young and hitting the rookie wall now, so I'm not concerned and still think he will have an extremely bright future.

Also, am I the only one who gets frustrated seeing Morris just jack up a lazy looking bad shot (especially a long 2 or a 3 while covered) acting like he's Curry... seemed like he did that quite a bit tonight as well. Shot 5-15 tonight.

I would rather have him take the shot rather than be indecisive and then try to dribble into traffic and lose the ball. I am generally happy with Morris shot results as he has kept us in some games by making shots.

« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston is severely undermanned but have shown they are the team that can push the warriors

« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
We need another creator (get well soon Gordon), but this scheme with this team and this attitude can beat the Warriors.

« Reply #431 on: January 27, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

I would rather have him take the shot rather than be indecisive and then try to dribble into traffic and lose the ball. I am generally happy with Morris shot results as he has kept us in some games by making shots.

Yeah I’m not mad about Morris taking shots because in the 2nd unit, we barely score as is. His iso isn’t the problem. It’s the whole unit being offensively poor that’s the problem.

I’m not a fan of Morris’ team defense though. Individually, on-ball, he’s solid. It’s when he needs to help where it’s a problem.

- LilRip

« Reply #432 on: January 27, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

I don't believe in the rookie wall.  I just think Tatum is in a slump and he's passing up shots as a result.  He's also starting to draw help on his drives to the basket and he hasn't developed the strength or experience to deal with that effectively yet. 

As for Morris, he's always been a midrange iso player.  That's his identity.  He's the only guy on this team who can consistently create his shot when Kyrie needs a breather, though.  These are his shots.  He needs to hit more of them than he did tonight.

« Reply #433 on: January 27, 2018, 11:24:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah I’m not mad about Morris taking shots because in the 2nd unit, we barely score as is. His iso isn’t the problem. It’s the whole unit being offensively poor that’s the problem.

I’m not a fan of Morris’ team defense though. Individually, on-ball, he’s solid. It’s when he needs to help where it’s a problem.

Is it crazy to think about moving Tatum to the bench until he breaks through his rookie wall?  Jason would probably have an easier time playing against 2nd team players and Morris wouldn't have to do as much playing with the starters.  I dunno, it just feels like we might need to reduce Jason's minutes and get him over this poor spell. 

« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Imagine having someone like a Lou Williams coming off the bench for this team. That'd be huge for us, and I would think he's fairly attainable via the DPE and LAC pick, too.

I don't think he will be available. Clippers in playoff hunt and Pelicans could drop a bit in standings too.

I think Tyreke Evans is the ideal target but idk what it would take to get him.

I think Tyreke is the guy too. Memphis is in tank mode now with Conley going down for the season. We may be able to get him without using the DPE. You can send Yabu + the 2019 MEM 1st, then save the DPE for buyout season (Hi Greg Monroe). That would be my angle.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman