Author Topic: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...  (Read 127296 times)

Re: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2017, 07:32:47 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Why wpuld anyone want this trade to fall through. IT wpuldnt be playing for us either with a bad hip. Let the Cavs worry about filling his role until he comes back.

Cavs have Rose, role is filled

It or Rose would be good 6th men.  Cleveland is stupid if they don't take this because I guarantee.  Lebron walks and they get left with zilch.  Cleveland front office is moronic

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Kyrie took a paycut to allow this trade to happen. Theres no way Cavs go back on this deal. They are just trying to spook Ainge into giving up more.

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2017, 07:39:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I expect the deal to get done as is.

This is basically Cleveland trying to see if they can get more. They will not get a better package from other teams like the one they got from the Cs.

Cs should not give up anything else. They initially overpayed because of the hip injury.

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2017, 07:41:02 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
As someone else alluded to I think LeQueen is displeased with the trade which is causing concern with management. ITs hip has been public knowledge since the ECF.

If this is actually the case I hope they finally have the pair to tell him too bad. He's made it somewhat clear he's leaving next year anyway.
If it gets voided so be it. I want the pick more than Kyrie.

« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thomas coming back to Boston hurts the celtics. He will miss games at the minimum and that means Larkin or rozier  starts. Huge downgrade

Then you have the malcontent crowder also having to come back

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I will be ecstatic if Cleveland refuses the deal, this will break up their chemistry even more and we'll be getting an angry and motivated IT or we'll get Kyrie cheaper. LET'S GO!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2017, 07:48:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sorry but isn't this WHY we gave up the Nets pick?

In other words, both the Cs and Cavs had to have acknowledged that the hip was an issue and therefore the other parts of the deal had to justify the trade.

I'll be surprised if the deal is refused by the Cavs (the haul is still better than theyll get elsewhere) and I'll be shocked and sick to my stomach if DA parts with an additional assert.   

Bottom line is that the Cavs grade becomes a B and the C's get upgraded to a B+ since this becomes a trade that helps the Cs in both the short and long term.

That's my feeling too.  There are two possibilities:

1) The Cavs' doctor had a different opinion than the Celtics' doctor on the severity of IT's hip issue upon examining it.  Certainly medical records were reviewed in advance of the trade, but if the Cavs doctor, upon examining IT, says "I think he needs surgery with a 6-8 month recovery time", that's a different thing than the Cavs thought they were getting (rehab may cost him the first month of the season). 

2) The Cavs are just using the physical, which everyone knew would not show IT at 100%, to hold out for more.

I think it's more the latter than the former, and Ainge should be willing to walk away, no matter the egg on his face.  Ultimately I think IT could fit right back in Boston -- it's a contract year and now a team has told the NBA he isn't healthy.  The chip on his shoulder would completely outweigh the awkwardness.  Crowder might have a little more trouble, but a) he was always going to be a little trouble with all the other 3/4 guys on the roster, b) he can be very easily moved for something useful if that becomes a problem.

Dare Cleveland to take what Phoenix was offering.  Bledsoe didn't finish last season, and missed more than half of two of the three years before that.  His health can't be that much better than IT, even if he can pass a physical than August.

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I will be ecstatic if Cleveland refuses the deal, this will break up their chemistry even more and we'll be getting an angry and motivated IT or we'll get Kyrie cheaper. LET'S GO!

A motivated IT? Thomas most likely will not even see the court this season as a celtic. And if he did he would be gimpy. I don't see him being the same guy at all. He isn't staying in Boston be because ainge does not want to resign him next season

« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i see that Brinks truck driving away ....away...awwwway

« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2017, 08:04:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

A motivated IT? Thomas most likely will not even see the court this season as a celtic. And if he did he would be gimpy. I don't see him being the same guy at all. He isn't staying in Boston be because ainge does not want to resign him next season

all of this ^.    ......nobody is giving him even a ET contract till he once again proves he can play without pain for a season.    No team is going to get suckered into giving him a huge deal.   

the rotational twisting side to side on that joint at NBA movement level is going to keep him in pain , the long flights of sitting in one position is bad too.

So ....as we suspect the nets Pick and Crowder is the best offer Cavs got so far ....James gets no immediate help carrying the scoring load .  Without a healthy IT ....Cavs just going though the motion of playing for a title ....James will be ticked off ....wasted year......

« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2017, 08:05:57 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

As it should. Thomas on his best day is not a max player. Now I would not invest any type of money into him...especially when he misses the first 3 or 4 months of the season

« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2017, 08:15:25 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Well all the people (majority on this blog) can be happy if the deal gets nixed. I am not one of them. I liked the deal. Not thrilled about the pick but think the overall trade was an upgrade.

« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

As it should. Thomas on his best day is not a max player. Now I would not invest any type of money into him...especially when he missed the first 3 or 4 months of the season

with the Celtics he expected some amount that could be influenced by the previous seasons ,  not so with the Cavs .....if he is out there scoring 25 plus points a game ....then I don't see them waiting on his surgery to make a comeback.  James won't .   

His value is more based on what he can do tommorrow , not what he has done.   IT may have to start at square one with a team on a CHEAP contract .....not a brinks truck to prove his ability to play at his previous years level for a season.

In the end .....for this deal.....I think the Nets have to decide .....is the Nets pick the ONLY shot they have of resigning James ?   without that pick and its power .....James is just going though the motions this year ...while he plans his next stop. .

If the Cavs deal falls though .....IT s value falls though the floor .....Celtics still have the Nets pick and Zizic and Crowder .  No worse thanbefore the trade .    Cavs probably still loose Irving with less than Nets pick in return . 

« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think the Cavs know James is goner. They made the deal for the pick to rebuild and now they probably want another one.

Boston does not want Thomas back...ever. Him returning cripples this team.

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2017, 08:24:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Cavs are probably trying to squeeze further compensation from us, since they have us by the nose hairs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes