Author Topic: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...  (Read 127299 times)

WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:17:08 PM »

Offline Yazfan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 16
Well, that would be awkward if trade didn't happen.....

Re: WojBomb - Cavs evaluating options after IT physical...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
any chance you could provide some actual information or even a link. given your statement it is really hard for us to generate any real discussion until we know more.

thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
any chance you could provide some actual information or even a link. given your statement it is really hard for us to generate any real discussion until we know more.

thanks.
It's all over Twitter

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:29 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
https://twitter.com/wojespn

Sources: After Isaiah Thomas underwent physical today, Cavs still evaluating injured hip and weighing options w/ completion of Irving deal.

Thomas traveled to Cleveland, took exam and flew back out of town, sources said. All players must pass physical, or a deal can be voided.

As one source involved in the process involving Thomas' medical clearance told ESPN late Friday night, "It's a very sensitive situation."

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I just posted a link in another thread.  It's probably overstated, Woj just trying to make up for his last few second places.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/08/cavs-weighing-options-following-thomas-physical.html
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
We actually might get the pick back! YES! Although, can't imagine management's relationship with IT is going to be good.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Woj-"As one source involved in the process involving Thomas' medical clearance told ESPN late Friday night, "It's a very sensitive situation."

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I really do not want Thomas back with a rotten hip. Boston is not signing him to a big deal.

Having to take crowder and his attitude back would suck. The only thing I want back is the pick

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lol.

What a disaster this would be.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 11:26:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Ainge will look like a complete idiot if this trade gets voided. Essentially stuck with a disgruntled player with very little trade value. smh

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 11:26:50 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Worst case scenario, IT with a bum hip that prevents him for playing at last year's level or he's healthy and ticked off that the C's gave up on him.  He leaves in free agency and C's can't replace him cause they're cap strung.  And you have Crowder under contract and angry.

And it's in play....

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 11:27:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
The quotes sound like boilerplate you could hear from anyone involved in the deal.. I mean "All players must pass physical, or a deal can be voided" applies to every deal doesn't it? Absent a specific waiver?

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Ainge will look like a complete idiot if this trade gets voided. Essentially stuck with a disgruntled player with very little trade value. smh
hardly. both sides would be involved since both sides made the agreement.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo

It's all part of his master plan to extend IT for 3/$30 million, and then flip the BKN pick for Porzingis.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 11:30:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Worst case scenario, IT with a bum hip that prevents him for playing at last year's level or he's healthy and ticked off that the C's gave up on him.  He leaves in free agency and C's can't replace him cause they're cap strung.  And you have Crowder under contract and angry.

And it's in play....
IT was going to leave anyway since ainge would not sign him to a max contract.

crowder? if he is a real pain, they will trade him....again.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva