Author Topic: Jeff Green's return to OKC  (Read 1268 times)

Jeff Green's return to OKC
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
They're gonna cheer pretty hard for this kid. Standing ovation for sure.

I wonder... Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Green/Ibaka would have been a guaranteed 3 championships in a row. Sigh. Their drafting department... ridiculous.

But Jeff wlll be pumped. I'm sure he misses his old days. Can we see a 54-point outburst like Harden? K, thanks.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Jeff Green's return to OKC
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
We actually drafted Green but still they have been really good with picks.

Idk if I agree with about the championships with that lineup. I mean maybe, but the way I see it if you have Durant you have a chance every year. Still, there is such a thing as too much star power, and too many of those guys are #1/#2 options. Look how well Harden is playing in Houston for example, would never have put up those numbers in OKC.

I think they have as good a chance to win this year as they would if Green/Harden were still on the team. Martins a better compliment player to Westbrook/Durant

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
We actually drafted Green but still they have been really good with picks.

I'm pretty sure the selection of Green was dictated by the then-Sonics.  I believe the trade was even reported before Green was actually drafted, so I think that any credit or blame for using the pick on Green rather than someone else belongs to Sam Presti.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Imagine if OKC had selected Joakim Noah instead of Jeff Green.

Then they would've had a defensive monster combo of Noah-Ibaka, and then we wouldn't have traded Perk, and then we would've won another title, and then we wouldn't have overpaid Jeff Green, and then............

Oh crap, here come the Perk apologists.   ;D

In all seriousness, I hope the crowd gives him a warm welcome.  Heck, every arena should, the guy is lucky to be alive.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Imagine if OKC had selected Joakim Noah instead of Jeff Green.

Then they would've had a defensive monster combo of Noah-Ibaka, and then we wouldn't have traded Perk, and then we would've won another title, and then we wouldn't have overpaid Jeff Green, and then............

Oh crap, here come the Perk apologists.   ;D

In all seriousness, I hope the crowd gives him a warm welcome.  Heck, every arena should, the guy is lucky to be alive.

Actually that was right on Noah and Ibaka would be crazy

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
OKC is too good.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
http://dailythunder.com/2013/03/thunder-lock-down-the-celtics-91-79/#more-24784

Jeff Green returned to OKC. And he went 2-11 for eight points with two rebounds. An appropriate performance for him playing in OKC again.

As for his reception, I’d say the ovation he got was polite cheering. Nothing robust, nothing too noticeable. Though Collison may have stolen his thunder a bit checking in with him as the crowd roared for Nick then barely seemed to notice Green.

From the Daily Thunder blog. Just to clear up what seems to be the OP's misconception that Green was a fan favorite in OKC. I'm warming up to Green, but he has a lot to prove before OKC fans start to care about his departure.