Author Topic: Does anybody else consider their TP to Total Comment Ratio, or do I have OCD?  (Read 15877 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't care.  I used to enjoy getting TPs; at this point, I don't even notice.  As Dons said, they became a status thing rather than a slap on the back.  With that came all the problems that Dons noted.  So, at this point I couldn't guess within 500 how many (negative) TPs I have.

I don't begrudge people who like them, though.  I still try to hand them out on a daily basis.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I don't waste my time obsessing over something as shallow as TP's and TP ratio to posts. It strikes me as pathetic. Instead, most of my free time is spent on Facebook, watching and waiting for people to like my posts. I gotta start posting more Memes.

Also, if people reading this could give me some TP's that'd be nice too, not that I care though.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I feel like if I don't get them every 15 posts or so, then it means I'm spewing nonsense and then I get self conscious.  I do like the system overall and I can't think of any sites that do a good job with similar "stats" - Reddit's whole upvoting thing is terrible, for instance.  The thing though is that I fully realize nobody even cares how many TPs other people have. I think I just used to play too many FPS where I was super focused on k/d ratios and it's bled into the rest of my life.
Great post. TP

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I have another user login that i use to TP myself.

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I don't care.

I guess you stop caring after you rack up ~11,000.  ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
If you want to boost your TP count, participate in PAPOUG and PAPTYG. ;)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't care.

I guess you stop caring after you rack up ~11,000.  ;)

Ha.  I have no idea what my TP total used to be, or what it is on my old account.  I like the negative total.  8)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I have another user login that i use to TP myself.
Seems like some people actually do that.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yes it's a mark of shame :(
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If you want to boost your TP count, participate in PAPOUG and PAPTYG. ;)

or... offer a lot of TPs out to others, no?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't care.  I used to enjoy getting TPs; at this point, I don't even notice.  As Dons said, they became a status thing rather than a slap on the back.  With that came all the problems that Dons noted.  So, at this point I couldn't guess within 500 how many (negative) TPs I have.

I don't begrudge people who like them, though.  I still try to hand them out on a daily basis.

I've steadfastly ignored them since the 2010 debacle. I still feel that my betting them on the finals was bad luck. I check my totals when threads like these come out and I'm generally surprised when my post/tp ratio is as good as it is.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think crowd-pleasing is a good way to get TPs. It wouldn't surprise me if my Comment/TP ratio is pretty weak. 

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think crowd-pleasing is a good way to get TPs. It wouldn't surprise me if my Comment/TP ratio is pretty weak.

Your avatar is a man who wrestled women after all.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Not entirely true...if it was, all the mods would have a low TP count :P

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If you were really OCD about it, you'd put together a ranking of the top 100 or so commenters by TP to Total Comment Ratio.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference