Author Topic: Update for Those Missing the Links  (Read 5518 times)

Update for Those Missing the Links
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I've had some health problems off and on over the last season but in June I was rushed to the hospital with Congestive heart failure. My EF was 10%, that means that my heart was only pumping at 10% efficiency.   

I spent a little over a week in the hospital and they inserted a pacemaker/defibrilator.  After 8 days at home, I was back in the hospital with dangerous levels of potassium.  After another stay (including my birthday)  They let me out again.

I'm in the process of getting stronger and trying to get back to normal (whatever that is) little by little.  I tire very easily so don't have the energy to spend hours gathering links yet.  Also I have much to learn about my condition and treatment.  I'm having to cut almost all salt (and most potassium) out of my diet and that's taking some doing.  There's salt in EVERYTHING (including softened tap water).  I think I was getting like 8000 mg of sodium a day and now I'm limited to under 1000 and that's taking some doing. 

But the good news is I'm getting stronger every day and hopefully can attempt to do some links again and will be ready for game threads when the season begins.  I'd appreciate prayers and I thank you for your patience.

Re: Update for Those Missing the Links
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I wish you the best in your recovery.  Get well soon.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »

Offline Steve from Milford

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
My prayers and best wishes do go out to you.

I also empathize with you on the sodium as someone who has been watching his for years after being a very heavy salt user. I was amazed to find out the actual flavor of foods when not over salted! I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I have.

I am looking forward not just to your links but your articles as well for years to come. I may not always agree, but I always find them entertaining and though provoking (and I do agree about those [dang]ed referees! <g>)

Get well soon.

Warmest Regards

Steve

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Thanks for the update. FL.  I hope your recovery is a speedy one.  You have a lot of fans here on the Blog.  I am sure they, as well as I,  send you prayers and best wishes.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

FLCeltsfan still productive
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
She has a fun bit up on her blog (http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/)
about Jared Sullinger.  I think Sully might finally put some balm on her still raw sore from losing Perk.

We all miss her Daily Links but there is nothing like a life-threatening heath concern to put things in perspective.  I hope she rallies quickly and feels much better.  I also, selfishly, hope she resumes her Links and leads us through the NBA-Death-Valley of August and September.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Get well FL. You have other priorities right now to think about. That you took the time to think of us and post this only continues to show what a giving, caring and awesome person you are and how privileged we are to have you here at Celticsblog.

So go get healthy and don't worry about us.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Thanks for the update. FL.  I hope your recovery is a speedy one.  You have a lot of fans here on the Blog.  I am sure they, as well as I,  send you prayers and best wishes.

As one of those fans, I subscribe everything thirstyboots18 said. TP for speedy recovery.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Wow, I'm truly sorry to hear about this FL.  Thank you so much for everything you've done for this site over the years and I'm wishing for your speedy recovery.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 03:14:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Hope you get better FL.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You're definitely in our prayers, FL.  Your dedication to the Celtics is unrivaled.  We're all wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  I appreciate them more than you'll ever know. 

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »

Kiorrik

Hey-hey :) Glad to see you're at least getting a bit better FL! Take your time in getting back to posting the links; we love 'm, but we're more concerned about your health than anything else!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
FL you are the biggest Celts fan on the planet. More than any three of us combined. Get better.  Doctor's orders.