Author Topic: NBA TV Team Day Twitter  (Read 4380 times)

NBA TV Team Day Twitter
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
For those on the Twitter, NBA TV is picking a different team each day where you're given 15 points to "spend" on players that "cost" either 5, 3, or 1 points.

Today is the Celtics' Team Day.  The choices are as follows:

5 Points: Russell, Bird, McHale, Havlicek, Pierce
3 Points: Cousy, Cowens, White, Heinshohn, Garnett
1 Point: Allen, Sam Jones, Parish, Rondo, Antoine Walker

I have no idea why Walker is on the list - I'd much rather have DJ (Bill Sharman, Paul Silas, Maxwell, and Tiny Archibald are other choices I could accept. Other than that, I thought they got them mostly right though I may have moved some up or down...
I went with Russell, Bird, Garnett, Allen and (I'd prefer to have DJ as a choice) Rondo.  Interested to hear others' picks.

Re: NBA TV Team Day Twitter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think what you picked is the only correct choice lol, the others are just horrible.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
I think what you picked is the only correct choice lol, the others are just horrible.

When I looked at the replies, there was unusual consistency when compared to other teams

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 05:52:12 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
For those on the Twitter, NBA TV is picking a different team each day where you're given 15 points to "spend" on players that "cost" either 5, 3, or 1 points.

I have no idea why Walker is on the list - I'd much rather have DJ (Bill Sharman, Paul Silas, Maxwell, and Tiny Archibald are other choices I could accept. Other than that, I thought they got them mostly right though I may have moved some up or down...
I went with Russell, Bird, Garnett, Allen and (I'd prefer to have DJ as a choice) Rondo.  Interested to hear others' picks.
IMO, DJ would be a 3 pt player, definitely better than any of the 1 pt guys listed here.  DJ doesn't get nearly enough credit for his talent.  Was a super nice dude too.  RIP DJ
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 09:53:25 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday

IMO, DJ would be a 3 pt player, definitely better than any of the 1 pt guys listed here.  DJ doesn't get nearly enough credit for his talent.  Was a super nice dude too.  RIP DJ

Tommy Point was my favorite Celtic after Bird.  If he's a 3, who would you bump to 1?

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Not to nit-pick the list, but how is Pierce's value a 5, while KG is a 3?

Based on those options: Russell (5), Bird (5), KG (3), Allen (1), and Rondo (1).

If I could make a slight tweak, I would change Rondo for either DJ or Smart. That being said, I'd be perfectly happy with Rondo, as he was ruthless in big games.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
Not to nit-pick the list, but how is Pierce's value a 5, while KG is a 3?

Based on those options: Russell (5), Bird (5), KG (3), Allen (1), and Rondo (1).

If I could make a slight tweak, I would change Rondo for either DJ or Smart. That being said, I'd be perfectly happy with Rondo, as he was ruthless in big games.

Probably because Pierce was there longer as well as the MVP in 2008.   I think Rondo should be an option at 1 but Walker needs to be kicked off the list.