Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game #1 10/25/23  (Read 19330 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game #1 10/25/23
« Reply #570 on: October 26, 2023, 01:42:50 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I took a long break from posting to deal with health and employment issues. Thankfully I am now rejuvenated and my career is back on track.
Delighted to see Celtic's win. Porzingis is a game changer!

Welcome back! I'm glad your situation has improved!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #571 on: October 26, 2023, 03:27:24 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
Missed the game, but heard they squeaked out an ugly one on season opener on the road.

Our newcomer Porzingis with 30 pts and 8 rebs in his debut? Sounds impressive. I see he racked 2 technical fouls already...what was taht about lol.

One was for flopping and the other was for hitting Hartenstein in the face with an elbow when Hartenstein was attempting to take the ball away from him after a rebound.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #572 on: October 26, 2023, 03:27:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
I took a long break from posting to deal with health and employment issues. Thankfully I am now rejuvenated and my career is back on track.

Welcome back Mike, have a TP  :D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #573 on: October 26, 2023, 03:47:31 AM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237

Welcome back Mike, have a TP  :D
Many thanks. I also think we would have been beaten and deflated with last year's roster. Porzingis is a big upgrade from the hopeful 3s jacked up by Marcus Smart in crunch time.

« Reply #574 on: October 26, 2023, 06:27:09 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Way, Way too many minutes for the starters. We can't maintain that over a long season with this group.
Gotta manage those minutes better. Have a consistent plan for substitutions, keeping starters in with bench guys in whatever combos work best.
Yeah, I know it's the first game, but Joe and the assistants gotta figure that out.

I think the dynamics of this game - including starter minutes - change if PP/Sam hit their open looks.

« Reply #575 on: October 26, 2023, 07:11:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This was a Lakers style ( uh.. new Celtics ) type win . Having a sucky coach and out talenting the opposition with little ball movement .

As others mentioned , another group of players have to step up to rest the starters . 

« Reply #576 on: October 26, 2023, 07:21:10 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
This was a Lakers style ( uh.. new Celtics ) type win . Having a sucky coach and out talenting the opposition with little ball movement .

As others mentioned , another group of players have to step up to rest the starters .

could be having a new team together too though. I mean we forget the "big 3" miami heat took awhile to gel together as guys figured out how to play together with that type of talent.

went from a team with essentially 2 mouths to feed and a bunch of depth/roleplayers to a team with 4.

I epxect that same sort of adjustment for Brown and Jrue holiday. Jrue is new so he's finding out where he fits. I mean lets remember he's only been with the team a few weeks. last year he had to be a #2 option for Milwaukee. now maybe #4 in the pecking order.

and Brown adjusting from being the sole #2 go back and forth with tatum to having KP in the lineup now taking alot of his looks away.

« Reply #577 on: October 26, 2023, 07:58:48 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Nice to see Jaylen lead the team in assists.

« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2023, 08:04:07 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Way, Way too many minutes for the starters. We can't maintain that over a long season with this group.
Gotta manage those minutes better. Have a consistent plan for substitutions, keeping starters in with bench guys in whatever combos work best.
Yeah, I know it's the first game, but Joe and the assistants gotta figure that out.
True, but the bench guys who played were terrible. Was shocked to see in the box score that Kornet played only 8 minutes (seemed like longer, lol). Even that was way too much. I don't know why Joe plays him. In this game we needed toughness. I wish Stevens or Brissett were given some run.

« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2023, 08:21:29 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Better fine a playable third big. Kornet is not it.

If Hauser can't make his shots, he has no business playing.

« Reply #580 on: October 26, 2023, 09:09:02 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
It still baffles me just how tall Porzingis is. He really is a tower. And even if he can't fully defend someone, his size just makes it harder for others to shoot over him or even around him with the risk of getting swatted away.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2023, 09:29:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Awful 2nd half but they did what they needed to do at the end.  Jaylen looked real rough out there.  Pressing way too hard.  He's certainly going to need to adjust his game and he seems to be struggling at the moment. 

When focused, this team is a legit defensive juggernaut.  I just don't know what happened there in the 2nd half.   Can't lapse like that. 

Porzingis is going to get so many good looks in this Celtics offense.  Please stay healthy. 

Loving the length & size of this team.  The depth not so much. 

As I like to say, "a win is a win"  1 down, 81 games to go.  Should be a fun & special season if this team lives up to its potential.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team