Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Hornets (0-0) 9/28/18 Preseason Game #1  (Read 26116 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Hornets (0-0) 9/28/18 Preseason Game #1
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2018, 06:12:22 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't care about the 1st preseason game but Ojeleye was absolutely awful. 0-8 and 0-7 from three. Wannamaker didn't impress me at all. I thought Robert Williams looked pretty good, active and quick around the rebounding and I think he blocked a shot with the end of his fingertips on a good effort.

« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We looked like a team that has been practicing three days.

« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2018, 07:12:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
yabi is a bust..been saying it sincevlast season
Ahh, that must be why DA and CBS have given up on him and traded him, right? Oh wait!
I don't think he'll be with us at this time next year.  He looks like he's never played organized basketball before.  And his butt still looks like it belongs in the world squatting championships and not the basketball court.  He won't be an NBA player for long.
Semi looked like a stiff on offense also.

I liked how a lot of the guys looked.  Irving was sharp.  Baynes and Theis looked good.  I was very happy with what Williams showed in limited minutes.  I think Brown impressed me the most though.  He looks even more confident and I think he'll take another step this season.

« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2018, 07:17:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Williams can play ball.   Just worried if his body can hold up .

« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Tatum was off. Rushed his shot too much.

Not sure if our starting lineup is right chemistry-wise. Hayward should get his hands on the ball more. He hardly touched it in the first half.  Eventually would like to see Williams start and Tatum come off the bench. I know I’ll get killed for saying that.

Thought Rozier looked quite confident. See him taking another step forward. He’s a really good player.

Team in general rushed things.

« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2018, 08:48:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Semi bullt a ranch inside the Dean Dome

« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Ahh, that must be why DA and CBS have given up on him and traded him, right? Oh wait!
I don't think he'll be with us at this time next year.  He looks like he's never played organized basketball before.  And his butt still looks like it belongs in the world squatting championships and not the basketball court.  He won't be an NBA player for long.

I liked how a lot of the guys looked.  Irving was sharp.  Baynes and Theis looked good.  I was very happy with what Williams showed in limited minutes.  I think Brown impressed me the most though.  He looks even more confident and I think he'll take another step this season.
good points mosio. i remember it took perk 3 years to finally be able to make a meaningful contribution in an nba game. bradley took 2 years.

sometimes a player takes time to adjust to the nba. sometimes a player is simply bad.

in yabu's case we do not know yet. he has nba skills and abilities. let's see whether they pan out over the next few years.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Overall, good first half. Good to see GH and KI out there healthy and playing again.

The 3pt shooting was awful.

My big takeaway is team needs to gel and no one got hurt in first game.

« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

good points mosio. i remember it took perk 3 years to finally be able to make a meaningful contribution in an nba game. bradley took 2 years.

sometimes a player takes time to adjust to the nba. sometimes a player is simply bad.

in yabu's case we do not know yet. he has nba skills and abilities. let's see whether they pan out over the next few years.
Exactly. He's still incredibly young, and rushing to conclusions about him is something we shouldn't do. There are heaps of cases of a player not being quite ready during their first few seasons, but still ending up as good productive players. There's too much of an entitlement to production for players on their rookie contracts imo
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So I was only able to watch just barely into the 2nd quarter (beck concert).

We were up by 17 when I left and dominating.  I guess it didn't turn out that way.  Preseason whatever, but any highlights of the 2nd half? 

Sounds like Williams didn't embarrass himself so that was good.

« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2018, 11:42:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
game was blacked out in my area .....that totally sucked .  So i watched it this morning replay .

The starters seemed to be playing at 3/4 speed and effort ....except Gordon who just looked rusty and has not spent alot of court time with his team.  Hornets were playing for keeps and their new coach at home .   

Williams might be useful sooner than we think .  He is suoer quick for a man his size. 

Team needs practice time.