Author Topic: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks  (Read 13936 times)

Re: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2016, 02:33:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
On Jokic's jump-shots

(1) Jokic has taken 360 shots this season. Only 60 of them have been beyond the FT line (15+ feet). 1/6th of his shots are from outside 15 feet. 5/6ths are inside 15 feet.
(2) Jokic has played 52 games vs 60 jump-shots so roughly 1 jump-shot attempted a game. Not made. Attempted.
(3) Jokic has made only 24 jump-shots vs 52 games. That is one made jump-shot every 2.17 games. One made jumper every two games.

When I watch Denver, they do not have good floor-spacing. That is mostly Faried's fault and also Mudiay's fault. Jokic helps improve the situation but he is not a prolific enough shooter to really fix / counter-balance a PF like Faried. Opponents know he isn't shooting often enough from out there. They aren't sticking like glue to him or rushing out to him all the time. They know he regularly passes up shooting opportunities.

Jokic's shooting percentages are very good but I'd like to see him sustain them awhile longer before I put too much stock in them due to lack of volume. Clearly a capable shooter but still not sure just how good a shooter Jokic is because he takes so few jump-shots.

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 04:10:28 PM »

Offline gamehead36

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
TP. Good points. As time goes on, we'll see if he can maintain these percentages.

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Lee, Bradley, Crowder, Sullinger
for
Griffin, Stephenson, Redick

I think this offer is in the range of what they asked for from Denver.  Clipps get better at SG and SF but take a step back at PF.  Bradley can be very valuable against GSW.

Not sure I would do this but we do come out of it with the best player and we keep all our draft picks.

As compared to  Faried, Gallo, Barton, and Jokic (which according to rumor, LAC asked and Denver said no), I think it is close to similar value and a better match in terms of roster management.  Sullinger could be swapped for Olynyk and Lee for Johnson and it is essentially still the same trade so you could give LAC some options.