Author Topic: Kenny Atkinson moving on from Nets  (Read 11215 times)

Re: Kenny Atkinson moving on from Nets
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Brooklyn is so down on Allen, I am sure Danny will give then Vincent Poirier and the Milwaukee pick for him😄

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2020, 02:22:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
If Brooklyn is so down on Allen, I am sure Danny will give then Vincent Poirier and the Milwaukee pick for him😄

and our pick....

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2020, 02:34:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
 :police:
https://twitter.com/chrislavinio/status/1236703807805030401?s=21

Lowe on his podcast yesterday evidently said Irving and Durant were unhappy that DeAndre Jordan hadn’t been starting this season

Allen wasn’t on the list of mentioned “core players” or whatever during Irving’s controversial comments a while back

The Nets forum basically doesnt want Allen to start. Lots of criticism of him in their game threads.

I don't get it.

Do people still think DeAndre Jordan is even somewhat starting material? Guy has fallen off a cliff.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2020, 02:49:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jarrett Allen is a pretty flawed player himself.  Neither him nor DJ are world-beaters.

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At this point it'd be best to just let DJ come off the bench, since he was supposedly part of their "Big Three".....keep the man fresh for next season.

I get the feeling that the next coach will be more of a puppet than an actual coach...

At least with a puppet coach - when / if things go south next year they can fire him and blame whomever the poor soul is for lack of coaching acumen.

All I'm saying is that I'll have my "Circus" gifs ready to go for next season.

Stay tuned for "As the World Turns - BKN Style".

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Vaughn is trying to prove he can kiss superstar butt just as well as Tyronn Lue.

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1237041829490708483?s=20

Quote from: Shams
Durant and Irving never connected with Atkinson and there was a growing belief that they did not have interest in playing for him when this team is whole again next season, sources told The Athletic.

Quote from: Shams
During the blowout loss to Memphis, Jordan had verbally expressed his frustrations to Atkinson and the coaching staff about the team’s rotation, encapsulating the season-long tension that evolved from the head coach bringing Jordan off the bench, sources said. Jordan is said to have believed he would be the full-time starting center after he, Durant and Irving joined the team. When Atkinson made Jarrett Allen the starting center this season, it changed the dynamics. On Sunday, in the team’s first game after Atkinson’s departure, Jordan returned to the starting lineup in place of Allen.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:53:34 AM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love it!!! Kyrie and KD never gave directions to fire Atkinson but they let it be known they didn't want to play for him next year. Hilarious.

Kyrie and KD to Nets management and ownership: We have no interest in playing for Kenny next year.

Nets management and ownership: Oh, so you want us to fire Atkinson? Okay, no problem.

Kyrie and KD: We didn't direct you to fire him. We just told you we didn't want to play for him next year.

Nets management and ownership: Okay, so WE will fire him. You had nothing to do with it. Got it. <winks eyes in Kyrie and KD's direction>

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2020, 02:17:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol then you have DJ talking to a reporter this morning, trying to play damage control...looking like a modern day Don Quixote with that crazy hat on...

C'mom man we get it, lol....you all didn't trust KA.

The wordsmanship going on here is incredible.

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2020, 04:21:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
There are a group of certain stars that pretty much go by the philosophy......hey you want me to play for you .....then basically you have to turn CONTROL of the team over to them .    This is Bron and his made up criminal clutch sports .  Lakers enable this , Now Nets ..... I think. Dolan and Knicks are not willing to give up,control to a bunch of players ....yet

Teams that will do desperate measures to win ....Cavs ...less extinct the Heat ....and the Lakers are full blown ". here are the keys Bron , do as you wish ....no rules.  no authority ....no bosses , ..no coaches ...just yes men puppets .   We will decide how , when, what game plans will be used .   

That certain star  group ignore teams like Boston , Dallas , Portland , Denver etc ....where the owners have a GM who is truely in charge .   

So the soon er Lebron is gone the better ....he is the ring leader ....and his Creepo Sports group .  He basically hates the owners , because he never has had to answer to aûthority .

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:26:57 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2020, 04:47:07 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
There are a group of certain stars that pretty much go by the philosophy......hey you want me to play for you .....then basically you have to turn CONTROL of the team over to them .    This is Bron and his made up criminal clutch sports .  Lakers enable this , Now Nets ..... I think. Dolan and Knicks are not willing to give up,control to a bunch of players ....yet

Teams that will do desperate measures to win ....Cavs ...less extinct the Heat ....and the Lakers are full blown ". here are the keys Bron , do as you wish ....no rules.  no authority ....no bosses , ..no coaches ...just yes men puppets .   We will decide how , when, what game plans will be used .   

That certain star  group ignore teams like Boston , Dallas , Portland , Denver etc ....where the owners have a GM who is truely in charge .   

So the soon er Lebron is gone the better ....he is the ring leader ....and his Creepo Sports group .  He basically hates the owners , because he never has had to answer to aûthority .

Yep it comes down to a philosophy of player power vs the more traditional top down approach. Clearly Joe Tsai has decided to hand the keys over to KD and Kyrie.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2020, 06:44:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Kyrie...it is becoming tragicomical.

I guess they are wanting D'Anthony to be their next HC.
He is a guards coach.
But there is less than 1% of me that believes he can have a good longterm basketball relationship with anyone who has authority.
We already know he doesn't care about those without authority, not even those 1% of mine.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:47:43 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."