Author Topic: Kenny Atkinson moving on from Nets  (Read 11210 times)

Re: Kenny Atkinson moving on from Nets
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/1236303637820911619?s=20

Kinda obvious that diva Irving wanted him gone, and his buddy Durant agreed with him.

Should bring Atkinson in to the Celtics and replace Brad Stevens! I'd be down for that.

lol CBS was looking like a World Beater in 2017-18....

I'm still on the CBS train.

Well I'm off the CBS train. Sick of his lack of timeout usage, passiveness on the sideline, not firing up his players, and allowing double-digit leads to be blown and losing games. If you're not gonna coach and let players figure it out on the floor, then why even hold a position like that.

I think you watch too many movies.

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2020, 07:00:17 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/1236303637820911619?s=20

Kinda obvious that diva Irving wanted him gone, and his buddy Durant agreed with him.

Should bring Atkinson in to the Celtics and replace Brad Stevens! I'd be down for that.

lol CBS was looking like a World Beater in 2017-18....

I'm still on the CBS train.

Well I'm off the CBS train. Sick of his lack of timeout usage, passiveness on the sideline, not firing up his players, and allowing double-digit leads to be blown and losing games. If you're not gonna coach and let players figure it out on the floor, then why even hold a position like that.

I’m still on the CBS train. He’s one of the best coaches in the league. The team has arguably outperformed expectations in all but one of his years. I can’t think of any coach who could have done better.

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1236296776400826368?s=21

Kyrie didn't like him?

obviously the first thought i had

I like Kenny ,  i think he is pretty good coach ,   but he doesn't remind me of the street ball , yes men coaches that many of the stars demand today ...like most of the players on the Lakers ...who don't take to coaching or having a boss.

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2020, 07:40:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The Nets are a case study in the modern NBA.

They drafted well, made smart trades, cleared cap space, hired a good coach who got his team to overachieve...

... and then they got two “superstars” and changed everything that had previously been working  to appease them.

this is exactly what Lakers did ,  draft good , good young coach ,  then bring in Lebron and his cronies....like malcontents such as Rondo .

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »

Offline ihatelakers

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
  the moody cancerous one disrupts another team on the rise.who will fall for his bull after this contract expires!

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2020, 11:49:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Looks like the moody diva got him fired

Kyrie Irving soured on Kenny Atkinson early in the season, league sources told Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo! Sports.

Atkinson and the Nets mutually parted ways on Saturday.

Irving reportedly prefers Ty Lue as the next coach of the Nets.

Lue is currently an assistant with the Clippers.

Atkinson also wasn't fond of coaching Irving or Kevin Durant, and pushed to resolve his situation now before the end of the season.

Kenny pushed for the parting just as much, if not more than Brooklyn,” sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Interim coach Jacque Vaughn is said to have a strong relationship with Irving

https://sports.yahoo.com/kenny-atkinsons-tenure-with-nets-comes-to-its-natural-conclusion-as-kd-kyrie-era-nears-014215773.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:58:49 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Looks like the moody diva got him fired

Kyrie Irving soured on Kenny Atkinson early in the season, league sources told Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo! Sports.

Atkinson and the Nets mutually parted ways on Saturday.

Irving reportedly prefers Ty Lue as the next coach of the Nets.

Lue is currently an assistant with the Clippers.

Atkinson also wasn't fond of coaching Irving or Kevin Durant, and pushed to resolve his situation now before the end of the season.

Kenny pushed for the parting just as much, if not more than Brooklyn,” sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Interim coach Jacque Vaughn is said to have a strong relationship with Irving

https://sports.yahoo.com/kenny-atkinsons-tenure-with-nets-comes-to-its-natural-conclusion-as-kd-kyrie-era-nears-014215773.html

Interesting. I'm guessing Atkinson wanted to get a little break before the end of the season and then get hired quickly in the summer. He deserves it.

Good luck with Lue or Vaughn, Irving.

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
SI says Dinwiddie was the main one leading the fire Atkinson charge.

https://www.si.com/nba/nets/news/brooklyn-nets-and-kenny-atkinson-mutually-agree-to-part-ways

Of course Dinwiddie is denying that.  "I absolutely [had] no 'Fire Kenny' conversations with Sean [Marks], so I don't know, not a part of that," Dinwiddie said, per Brian Lewis of the New York Post. "It's not like I called Joe [Tsai] on the phone and was like, 'Hey, you making any moves?' I like to think we're cool, but not that cool." https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879806-durant-declines-to-speak-on-kenny-atkinson-firing-levert-dinwiddie-comment

2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
The Nets sound like an organization full of snakes lol
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
The Nets sound like an organization full of snakes lol
sometimes life is good.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
  the moody cancerous one disrupts another team on the rise.who will fall for his bull after this contract expires!
kyrie is not called "mr. chemistry" for nothing!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
kyrie is not called "mr. chemistry" for nothing!  ;D
That's "Mr. Chemistry Leader" to you!!!😉😄

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It sounds to me like a good many players on the team were tuning out Atkinson.  Kyrie is the easy scapegoat here, but there is very little evidence this was his doing alone, or even at all.

It's a bizarre situation, but clearly all parties involved saw the writing on the wall and decided this was best for everyone.

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2020, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://twitter.com/chrislavinio/status/1236703807805030401?s=21

Lowe on his podcast yesterday evidently said Irving and Durant were unhappy that DeAndre Jordan hadn’t been starting this season

Allen wasn’t on the list of mentioned “core players” or whatever during Irving’s controversial comments a while back

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
https://twitter.com/chrislavinio/status/1236703807805030401?s=21

Lowe on his podcast yesterday evidently said Irving and Durant were unhappy that DeAndre Jordan hadn’t been starting this season

Allen wasn’t on the list of mentioned “core players” or whatever during Irving’s controversial comments a while back

The Nets forum basically doesnt want Allen to start. Lots of criticism of him in their game threads.