Author Topic: Draymond: “I’ll steal Charles Barkley's job if criticism doesn't stop“  (Read 7765 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Green slammed TNT analyst Charles Barkley for his critical commentary and said the Hall of Famer should be careful what he says.

"Barkley should stop before I go take his job, though," Green said after Friday's practice. "Because I can do that well, too. He already didn't make enough money playing, so he needs that job. He should stop talking to me. I'd like to -- [I have] a tendency to end people, so he should stop before I take his job."

Barkley has been particularly critical of Green this season as the Warriors have struggled to a league-worst 14-49 record without Klay Thompson (ACL rehab) and Stephen Curry (missed 58 games with a broken left hand).

Barkley has mocked Green for racking up "triple-singles" this season, in reference to small stat lines after games.

Green's comments came while being asked about criticism he has received from fans this season as the Warriors' losses continue to pile up.

"I don't give a [dang] about what no fans think [or] who they put the blame on," Green said. "A lot of people can't even talk to me about basketball. They're not smart enough."

When specifically asked about some of Barkley's commentary, Green didn't hold back. After making his initial comments about Barkley, he was asked if he really meant he would take Barkley's job.

"If he keeps talking, I'll take it soon," Green said. "Sooner than he thinks. Still, he probably should be quiet. He also can't talk basketball with me, either. Not smart enough, not qualified -- no rings can't sit at this table."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28852448/warriors-draymond-green-slams-charles-barkley-threatens-take-analyst-job

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, sure Draymond, keep believing you're important enough to 'take' Barkley's job.

I'm not a big Barkley fan, but Dray only wishes he could be as relevant as Sir Charles.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah, sure Draymond, keep believing you're important enough to 'take' Barkley's job.

I'm not a big Barkley fan, but Dray only wishes he could be as relevant as Sir Charles.
To be fair Draymond's a legend in his own right at this point, he's stacked up half a decade's worth of All-NBA calibre play.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

To be fair Draymond's a legend in his own right at this point, he's stacked up half a decade's worth of All-NBA calibre play.
draymond doesn’t  seem to play very well when the other hall of gamers he plays with are out.

Seems he’s overrated which is Barkley’s point

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

draymond doesn’t  seem to play very well when the other hall of gamers he plays with are out.

Is he truly overrated? I've seen many casual fans dismiss him like he's some sort of role player or fringe star, which I think underrates him if anything.

And that's just Draymond's skillset, he doesn't do well without players who can create, but his skillset makes a team explode once they get some sort of creator. This sort of ceiling raising that takes a 50 win team to a 65 win team is just as valuable as your classic All-NBA floor raiser who turns a 30 win team into a 45 win team imo, if not more valuable.

I'm definitely not saying that he's on Barkley's level (Charles was an MVP calibre PF), but he's still a legend in his own right.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Lol ok Draymond. He wants to be talking about accolades, try winning MVP first. Or even being in the MVP race!  ;D

#triplesingle
- LilRip

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Is he truly overrated? I've seen many casual fans dismiss him like he's some sort of role player or fringe star, which I think underrates him if anything.

And that's just Draymond's skillset, he doesn't do well without players who can create, but his skillset makes a team explode once they get some sort of creator. This sort of ceiling raising that takes a 50 win team to a 65 win team is just as valuable as your classic All-NBA floor raiser who turns a 30 win team into a 45 win team imo, if not more valuable.

I'm definitely not saying that he's on Barkley's level (Charles was an MVP calibre PF), but he's still a legend in his own right.

I don’t think this is that clear. I don’t think it is unreasonable to think pj tucker would have made a few all star games if he was drafted in draymonds spot. He definitely could have been all defensive he is playing like a linebacker now at 35. Situations matter a lot

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Haha, good for Draymond!

He takes a lot of crap from being people. Feel free to send some back their way.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I don’t think this is that clear. I don’t think it is unreasonable to think pj tucker would have made a few all star games if he was drafted in draymonds spot. He definitely could have been all defensive he is playing like a linebacker now at 35. Situations matter a lot
I simply disagree, Draymond's defence is in a different universe compared to the likes of PJ Tucker, ntm his playmaking edge. You're really underselling how good his defence and passing is imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

You’ve got to be joking, right?  Draymond Green is one of the most overrated players in NBA history and it’s been proven out when he doesn’t have Steph, Klay and KD to hind behind and make him look better.  Being the 4th best player on championship teams doesn’t make you special.  Barkley is one of the greatest power forwards in the history of the game and Green should respect that and just keep his “triple single” mouth shut.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I'm ok with Draymond moaning about Barkley. It's not like it will do any good. The best way to stop Barkley is to deliver on the court and stop the triple-singles  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

You’ve got to be joking, right?  Draymond Green is one of the most overrated players in NBA history and it’s been proven out when he doesn’t have Steph, Klay and KD to hind behind and make him look better.  Being the 4th best player on championship teams doesn’t make you special.  Barkley is one of the greatest power forwards in the history of the game and Green should respect that and just keep his “triple single” mouth shut.
You might be the one joking here if you think any All-NBA calibre player would've been able to drag the pile of crap GSW had this season before the trade deadline to relevancy. He was arguably the 2nd best player on that 2015 GSW team and was a top 10 player in 2016, the pre-KD Warriors would've never hit transcendence without him. He's no Barkley, but he's no Joe Schmoe either. He's got every right to flap his mouth when Barkley and people like you think that his "triple single" means that he's a bad player lol, you'd think an NBA legend who always talks about how statistics/analytics are crap at analysing the game would refrain from using the worst basketball statistic out there in the slash line to evaluate a player.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol two grown men with HUGE egos..and a lot of success amongst them.

Whatever Draymond's limitations are it cannot be denied that he was an integral / key part of those banners in GSW over the last few years. I'd hope he just take the critique from Charles in stride.

Dray's been beat up and injured a fair amount of the time himself this year.

Sir Charles IS a HOFer but he does - at times - seem to zero in on players for whatever reason. I can't call it because I never played in the NBA.

At the end of the day these are just two talented, smart, OUT-SPOKEN players...Dray will join Sir Charles in the HOF one day I'm certain.

As for taking Charles' job? Won't happen but I'd PAY to see these two on NBA TNT together. Seeing them butt heads would be must-see TV.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

You better tell Somebody!!!

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol two grown men with HUGE egos..and a lot of success amongst them.

Whatever Draymond's limitations are it cannot be denied that he was an integral / key part of those banners in GSW over the last few years. I'd hope he just take the critique from Charles in stride.

Dray's been beat up and injured a fair amount of the time himself this year.

Sir Charles IS a HOFer but he does - at times - seem to zero in on players for whatever reason. I can't call it because I never played in the NBA.

At the end of the day these are just two talented, smart, OUT-SPOKEN players...Dray will join Sir Charles in the HOF one day I'm certain.

As for taking Charles' job? Won't happen but I'd PAY to see these two on NBA TNT together. Seeing them butt heads would be must-see TV.

PAY? LOL ...you are funny.

Draymond meant a lot to the GSW dynasty. Cleveland may not have a championship if he was not suspended for a game in that series.