Author Topic: Hayward will have to leave bubble for birth of 4th child  (Read 22911 times)

Re: Hayward will have to leave bubble for birth of 4th child
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2020, 12:16:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sounds like people are harassing Robyn and messaging her to induce while Hayward is out.

Borderline harassment and poor form from fans if you ask me. Leave the poor woman alone.

Not a good look if we are trying to retain Gordon long term, and if we aren't still juvenile.

if people are doing that it is just plain ridiculous.

She posted a very direct message on instagram so I have to think it's happening.

Cs may want to put out a message in support of the Haywards.

Given that Ainge has already reportedly done the same thing as these fans, it might come off as a little disingenuous. As footey mentioned, I think we should all be more concerned about Gordy returning at all if it really is a grade 3 sprain.

As for the harassment being in bad taste and possibly leading to Hayward moving on to another team next season (thus not picking up his $34M option), it honestly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to keep him around, but really dreading the repeater tax. Hoping the team and Hayward can agree on a reasonable extension instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:35:04 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
What could have been if he didn’t break his leg..no fault of his own, of course, just an freak accident..he will never be the same Gordon as we saw in Utah..now a sprain ankle, which could happen to any player..guy can’t catch a break
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2020, 03:48:27 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Just to update in case people missed it, here's his statement on the pending birth of his son.

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1307525029526151169

I know we all wanted him to stay for selfish reasons - we need him bad. It's not like we know him personally, for most of us he's a tool to help us achieve an objective, which is to try and win our 18th championship. But it's a pretty big sacrifice to give up the chance to be with your spouse for your son's birth. Doubtless people will say "but $35m!! But he owes us for being injured and wasting 2 of his 3 years and $70m of our (i mean Wyc's) money" but still. Depending how far we go, he may not see his new child for weeks. He won't be able to give his spouse the support that comes from being there. Clearly he felt an obligation to his teammates given his ankle injury, to help them see this challenge through.

It's a big sacrifice for the team and I for one appreciate it. Now let's all pray it's an "easy" birth (if there is such a thing, being male I will obviously never know  :angel: )
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2020, 05:36:47 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
No judgement from me. It’s 2020 and birth by Zoom isn’t the worst fallback.  Unless the baby’s timing is truly awful, Gordon will virtually be there, able to communicate, able to witness the birth. At no other time in NBA history would a birth require a 5-day hiatus. So I think the decision makes sense as long as they are legit ok with it.  As we all are, hoping for healthy baby and mom.

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2020, 06:49:12 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just to update in case people missed it, here's his statement on the pending birth of his son.

I know we all wanted him to stay for selfish reasons - we need him bad. It's not like we know him personally, for most of us he's a tool to help us achieve an objective, which is to try and win our 18th championship. But it's a pretty big sacrifice to give up the chance to be with your spouse for your son's birth. Doubtless people will say "but $35m!! But he owes us for being injured and wasting 2 of his 3 years and $70m of our (i mean Wyc's) money" but still. Depending how far we go, he may not see his new child for weeks. He won't be able to give his spouse the support that comes from being there. Clearly he felt an obligation to his teammates given his ankle injury, to help them see this challenge through.

It's a big sacrifice for the team and I for one appreciate it. Now let's all pray it's an "easy" birth (if there is such a thing, being male I will obviously never know  :angel: )

All I ever wanted was for him to make the decision he felt was best for him and his family.  I may not like that they are having a 4th child in a world that is overpopulated, but it's his right and I can live with whatever decision he made. I never did like the criticism he was getting for initially deciding to leave to be with his wife.

But, it seems him and his wife have came to a different agreement now, so I respect that too and obviously it's good for the team. But as I said in the game thread, I just hope he wasn't pressured into making a decision he didn't really want to.

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2020, 07:08:15 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

All I ever wanted was for him to make the decision he felt was best for him and his family.  I may not like that they are having a 4th child in a world that is overpopulated, but it's his right and I can live with whatever decision he made. I never did like the criticism he was getting for initially deciding to leave to be with his wife.

But, it seems him and his wife have came to a different agreement now, so I respect that too and obviously it's good for the team. But as I said in the game thread, I just hope he wasn't pressured into making a decision he didn't really want to.
What a hot take. The world is not overpopulated, only certain parts (India, China, parts of Africa). Maybe you should share your sentiment with people in Africa, who are supposedly starving, yet are having 10 children (Africa's population is projected to double - 2.5 billion by 2050). That's quite a lot for a continent that is supposedly starving.

« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15

Wow, how magnanimous of you.

I'm sure the Haywards were looking for your blessing on having their 4th.

And I'm sure the struggle will be real for them taking care of a fourth kid on his $35 million salary in "overpopulated" Indianapolis.

Save your outrage for something that actually warrants it.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 03:48:03 PM by KrazyLegs »

« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I appreciate the sacrifice he’s making here. I’m sure if he didn’t get hurt he would have left for it, but he probably felt guilty to miss so many playoff games, get healthy, then leave again.

I envision Robyn and Gordon has their Rocky II moment and she said she just wants one thing from him: Win, Gordon, Win!

Missing the birth of a child sucks, no matter how many you have already. But having a championship ring to show/give your child to show why you missed their birth would be pretty cool. I hope Hayward can do that with his son.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2020, 10:41:35 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
No judgement from me. It’s 2020 and birth by Zoom isn’t the worst fallback.  Unless the baby’s timing is truly awful, Gordon will virtually be there, able to communicate, able to witness the birth. At no other time in NBA history would a birth require a 5-day hiatus. So I think the decision makes sense as long as they are legit ok with it.  As we all are, hoping for healthy baby and mom.

I said it in the game thread and the other Hayward thread, but a lot of respect go out to the Haywards for this decision. Zoom isn't ideal, but at least it is available, and Robyn will surely have a ton of support from family back home (one of the main reasons his family is Indiana right now). This is a big decision and it couldn't have been easy for him/them to make.

I guess having several weeks at home in the middle of all of this played a pretty big factor so kudos to the Cs for winning w/o Gordon. I only wish they had also pulled out one of the 1st two games of this series. This maybe Hayward's best opportunity to win a Title (you never know what the future may bring) - glad he taking on the challenge and realizing how important he is to his team. The Cs really have something to play for now - don't let this go to waste guys!

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Gordon Theodore Hayward.  No way C's lose tonight now, right?

https://twitter.com/BDCCeltics/status/1308895130334748677

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Gordon Theodore Hayward.  No way C's lose tonight now, right?

https://twitter.com/BDCCeltics/status/1308895130334748677

Congrats to the Hayward family!  ;D

Now time for "father" Hayward to pull a 2019 Van Fleet on the court
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Beautiful baby and congrats to the Hayward family.

And most importantly - they are ALREADY raising him the RIGHT WAY with the Celtic Gear.

My man Jayson Tatum went astray with the Kobe gear but I forgive him. :)

Now we need at least 10 point, 7 rebounds, 5 assists a steal and block from you, GH. Get to work tonight.

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2020, 07:11:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Congrats to the Hayward family!!

Awesome news!!

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
I feel for the dude, forced to choose between his team and his family in this environment.  Covid sucks.  And I wonder where his head is at tonight, father of a newborn son and having to play later in the same day.

Fans don’t get to question dude’s commitment to the team ever again though.  Misses a game because of a sprained finger that the Felger types think he should play through?  Chooses to watch the game from home rather than the sidelines?  Not a [dang]ed peep.  This proves beyond all doubt that he’s ready to go to war for this team.

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2020, 07:24:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Congratulations to the Haywards!! Hopefully he was able to Zoom the whole thing. I imagine he is extremely happy, but also a bit disappointed he couldn't be there. Really bad timing with his injury from his perspective, but at least he got to spend quite a bit of time with his family outside of the bubble leading up to this.

Now we can't let his 'sacrifice' be in vein. The Cs need to take it to the Heat tonight (and the rest of the series)!