Author Topic: Hayward will have to leave bubble for birth of 4th child  (Read 23017 times)

Re: Hayward will have to leave bubble for birth of 4th child
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2020, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

According to ESPN story, there is a minimum 4 day quarantining period for anyone returning to the bubble who has tested negative each day they are out.  If this is so, I would imagine Gordon will miss a minimum of a week, which would mean anywhere from 3 to 4 games.  That will really stretch us.
Presumably means increase in minutes for Semi, Romeo, Brad and G Williams.  Also coming back after missing a full week of action will be very challenging for Gordon.

That means if we advance to the next round and face the Raptors in Game 3, and he needs to leave on the day of Game 3 that means he'll be out Games 3, 4, 5, and 6 and we'll probably get swept by then or lose 4-1 or 4-2.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

According to ESPN story, there is a minimum 4 day quarantining period for anyone returning to the bubble who has tested negative each day they are out.  If this is so, I would imagine Gordon will miss a minimum of a week, which would mean anywhere from 3 to 4 games.  That will really stretch us.
Presumably means increase in minutes for Semi, Romeo, Brad and G Williams.  Also coming back after missing a full week of action will be very challenging for Gordon.

That means if we advance to the next round and face the Raptors in Game 3, and he needs to leave on the day of Game 3 that means he'll be out Games 3, 4, 5, and 6 and we'll probably get swept by then or lose 4-1 or 4-2.

There's no way around it, this is really going to suck for us in a critical point in the playoffs. I'm just viewing it as an injury that we can overcome with our depth.

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2020, 02:37:34 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Does anyone know the date?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2020, 02:56:44 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Let's hope it's tomorrow  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2020, 03:48:53 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Even if it's not for tomorow, he can maybe wait with his wife the birth and come back D+1 ? We really really need him against 100% Raptors...

« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2020, 07:07:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Robyn, Robyn, Robyn!

Don't let us down Robyn, there are more important things in life than giving birth on due days.
:D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2020, 08:43:27 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Any chance the baby is born during this 4 week hiatus?

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
I don’t think he wants to be there solely to witness his child being born.  That’s part of child birth, but the other part is being with your partner during the process.  Labor can be difficult and frightening.  We had an emergency induction for our daughter, and my wife lost a lot of blood with my son.  Both had jaundice, which, while not a long-term issue, led to both babies sleeping under “bili lights” for the first few nights of their life.

My wife needed me.  With my daughter, I had a ton of court stuff that week.  I cancelled all of it for a bit over a week and slept in a recliner in the hospital.  Yes, people were inconvenienced, and since I’m self-employed, I lost some money.  Who cares?  I can’t imagine if my wife had been 1000 miles away, with the baby having complications without me there because I chose my job over family.

Totally agree. And they also have other children to look after. While grandparents and aunts/uncles could help, having their father there to give them a sense of normalcy while their mom is in the hospital is huge.

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
With a grade 3 ankle sprain I think it is fantasy to expect him to return ready to play in 4 weeks, despite what team said. I doubt he’ll return this season and if so won’t be anywhere near 100%. Sorry to go negative, I love Hayward but this is the medical reality.

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sounds like people are harassing Robyn and messaging her to induce while Hayward is out.

Borderline harassment and poor form from fans if you ask me. Leave the poor woman alone.

Not a good look if we are trying to retain Gordon long term, and if we aren't still juvenile.

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If CJ McCollum can play with a broken back, is it really asking that that much for Hayward to play without a leg?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Sounds like people are harassing Robyn and messaging her to induce while Hayward is out.

Borderline harassment and poor form from fans if you ask me. Leave the poor woman alone.

Not a good look if we are trying to retain Gordon long term, and if we aren't still juvenile.

if people are doing that it is just plain ridiculous.

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:46 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

That's awful.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2020, 11:44:39 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

She posted a very direct message on instagram so I have to think it's happening.

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2020, 11:52:47 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

She posted a very direct message on instagram so I have to think it's happening.

Cs may want to put out a message in support of the Haywards.