Author Topic: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)  (Read 14253 times)

Re: Rondo FIST FIGHTS CP3 after Ingram pushes harden & presses the ref
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
reading all about these things about the lakers make me all warm and fuzzy inside. i love to see the lakers suffer through all this.  ;D

next, let's make this a family affair!!

Lauren A. Jones
@LoJoMedia
 An eyewitness told @thelasentinel Ramon Rondo’s significant oher shoved Jada Paul, Chris Paul’s wife, who was sitting next to Savannah James. Security immediately broke the two up.

EDIT: video clearly shows rondo spitting. this is on SoSH, scroll down to video by Rachel Nicols.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/2018-nba-game-thread.25214/page-4

We can quibble about what constitutes "spit" and I will because I think this is all hilarious.

Looking at the Rachel Nichols video, it does kind of look like saliva and there does seem to be a corresponding head jerk (very small) from Chris Paul. He then wipes his face.

But Rondo is wearing a mouth piece. When I hear "he spit on me" I have an action in my mind that simply could not be accomplished with a mouth piece in. And Rondo does not do the thing that I think of when I think of "spitting." It looks more like Rondo blowing some air out of his mouth and some incidental saliva is carried along with it and because their faces are right next to one another's (for some reason, NBA toughness can look very romantic if you slow it down a little) Paul gets some.

But given how close their faces are and the heated exchange, it's valid to ask if Rondo intentionally expels some moist air, knowing Paul will get some. Does that constitute "spitting"? Does it matter if it's technically spitting because it's still gross? I don't know where I come down there.

I do think Chris Paul's "finger in your face" move was weak and Rondo's punch looked pretty solid. Those two would make for an interesting boxing match if they were ever allowed to go the distance.

I'm usually not into NBA fights but for some reason I'm getting a lot of fun out of this one.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I saw the clip, thanks for posting.

After watching the video a second and third time, I am not sure why Ingram fouled Harden. Ingram was the one who committed the foul in the first place.

As for Rondo and CP3, it looks like Paul was the instigator and Rondo then threw a punch. Oh well, I don't like either guy.

The best part is the Lakers are now 0-2  :D

And why is Lebron spending so much time throughout the scrum trying to comfort Chris Paul instead of his supporting his teammates?

Maybe he should've gone to Houston instead.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:40:37 PM by gpap »

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
reading all about these things about the lakers make me all warm and fuzzy inside. i love to see the lakers suffer through all this.  ;D

next, let's make this a family affair!!

Lauren A. Jones
@LoJoMedia
 An eyewitness told @thelasentinel Ramon Rondo’s significant oher shoved Jada Paul, Chris Paul’s wife, who was sitting next to Savannah James. Security immediately broke the two up.

EDIT: video clearly shows rondo spitting. this is on SoSH, scroll down to video by Rachel Nicols.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/2018-nba-game-thread.25214/page-4

We can quibble about what constitutes "spit" and I will because I think this is all hilarious.

Looking at the Rachel Nichols video, it does kind of look like saliva and there does seem to be a corresponding head jerk (very small) from Chris Paul. He then wipes his face.

But Rondo is wearing a mouth piece. When I hear "he spit on me" I have an action in my mind that simply could not be accomplished with a mouth piece in. And Rondo does not do the thing that I think of when I think of "spitting." It looks more like Rondo blowing some air out of his mouth and some incidental saliva is carried along with it and because their faces are right next to one another's (for some reason, NBA toughness can look very romantic if you slow it down a little) Paul gets some.

But given how close their faces are and the heated exchange, it's valid to ask if Rondo intentionally expels some moist air, knowing Paul will get some. Does that constitute "spitting"? Does it matter if it's technically spitting because it's still gross? I don't know where I come down there.

I do think Chris Paul's "finger in your face" move was weak and Rondo's punch looked pretty solid. Those two would make for an interesting boxing match if they were ever allowed to go the distance.

I'm usually not into NBA fights but for some reason I'm getting a lot of fun out of this one.

My money would be on RAJON RONDO - every day and TWICE on Sundays.

Rondo is my Rocky.

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2018, 02:46:24 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Can you fo anti-gay slurs with a mouth piece?
People need to stop protecting rondo.

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Can you fo anti-gay slurs with a mouth piece?
People need to stop protecting rondo.

Umm...he DID apologize for that...don't you remember?

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
the fact that we can actually argue whether a spit is a spit is why attorneys make a lot of money in our country.

There is a VIDEO and supposedly reasonable people still CANNOT agree.

AMAZING!!!!

No wonder we had OJ debacle.

Kavanaugh hearings, and now

the Saudi's are trying to make idiots of the entire world.

it's so hard because someone with decent tech skills AND an AGENDA "CAN" doctor videos.

It's the times we live in.

Yeah but also can’t people with some decent googling skills and elementary level research ability also verify a good source vs a bad one?

If you are meaning the video that Rachel Nichols owns - from the ESPN article - then while I'd consider Rachel Nichols to be an excellent source and trusted where did SHE get the video from?

Was she at the game? Did she produce it?

That video from Rachel is the same one that is listed on Page 2 or 3 of this thread - from ANOTHER source..

From Poster "TA9" on page 3 and on that twitter account it is from a "Tom y"...

Was "Tom y" at the game? Did HE produce the twitter clip? Where did HE get it from?

Let's assume for whatever reason that the "spit" was added electronically.  Why is CP3 wiping his face like that?

Because - as we ALL know here and have commented PLENTY of times - Chris Paul - while being a GREAT player and a future HOFer - is ALSO a great actor..

And to add further - From Woj account - the belief that Rajon Rondo was wearing a MOUTH PIECE needs to be taken into account as well.

Look - ONE THING I've learned from Pres. Donald Trump himself - you can't trust ALL aspects of the media. I'm certainly NOT as anti-media as HE is but if someone wants to frame you and smear you it is easy to do nowadays.

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2018, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I love Rondo. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
the fact that we can actually argue whether a spit is a spit is why attorneys make a lot of money in our country.

AMAZING!!!!

it's so hard because someone with decent tech skills AND an AGENDA "CAN" doctor videos.

Yeah but also can’t people with some decent googling skills and elementary level research ability also verify a good source vs a bad one?

If you are meaning the video that Rachel Nichols owns - from the ESPN article - then while I'd consider Rachel Nichols to be an excellent source and trusted where did SHE get the video from?

That video from Rachel is the same one that is listed on Page 2 or 3 of this thread - from ANOTHER source..

Was "Tom y" at the game? Did HE produce the twitter clip? Where did HE get it from?

Even if they were there and did film it themselves, did they program the firmware and software for the camera themselves? Who's to say that somebody with a grudge against Rondo didn't put in some facial recognition and image-modifying software on the camera? If you didn't feel the spit yourself, you really can't tell for sure that it happened.

Or, you know, you can assume that everyone isn't out to get Rondo, and that a reporter like Nichols verifies her sources herself. It's always good to take the source into consideration, but there's a such thing as taking it too far

Good points and noted.

There IS a thing about taking it too far...

But we ALL know that - from Basketball fans OUTSIDE of BOSTON - Rajon Rondo carries the stench of GREEN.

Rajon has not always enamored himself to the media, as well.

He did some questionable things in DAL...in CHI...he carries some baggage, admittedly.

Now place these incidents up against State Farm Poster Boy and NBA President Chris Paul (and LeBron James' best friend) and you can REALLY have things stacked against you from the start.

If it is proven - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that Rajon Rondo acted irresponsibly then I am all for whatever the NBA has for him discipline-wise.

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
When I see NBA players throwing those punches around I can't help but think of Kermit Washington hitting Rudy Tomjanovich. All the punches thrown last night pretty much missed but it's stupid and dangerous. All three players should get harsh suspensions.

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I might have to get league pass this year.

To watch the Lakers, of all things.

Going to be a crap storm every night out there.

i was thinking same thing about LP.  I enjoyed the Portland / LA game alot .   Lakers arw playing like a bunch of maniacs.   I hate em ...but its excitimg .....yes there is gonna be alot of fights with that roster of hot heads and cheaters.

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2018, 05:14:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

AMAZING!!!!

Let's assume for whatever reason that the "spit" was added electronically.  Why is CP3 wiping his face like that?

Because - as we ALL know here and have commented PLENTY of times - Chris Paul - while being a GREAT player and a future HOFer - is ALSO a great actor..

And to add further - From Woj account - the belief that Rajon Rondo was wearing a MOUTH PIECE needs to be taken into account as well.

Look - ONE THING I've learned from Pres. Donald Trump himself - you can't trust ALL aspects of the media. I'm certainly NOT as anti-media as HE is but if someone wants to frame you and smear you it is easy to do nowadays.

you sure have a lot of explanation for everything..... suspension of disbelief.

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 05:22:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

AMAZING!!!!

I wouldn't call it that.

To be honest - I'd call it Trust but Verify. Consider ALL sources.

I didn't create the society we live in nowadays I just live in it.

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This thread is pretty funny.

“I don’t believe anything Chris Paul says!”
“I need video proof of Rondo spitting”
“That video is doctored! I need a better angle”

Cmon, even before the video I believed it. Rondo is a punk.

I think spitting on someone is even worse than punching. If I was Kiki or Silver or whoever hands down the punishment I’d give Rondo the most games, followed by Ingram because he had ample time to think about him swinging, and then Paul. What did Paul really do that was so wrong? He got spit on, so he retaliated by poking Rondo in the face, which Rondo then threw the first punch, and Paul defended himself.

So by my tally:
Rondo: spit in players face then engulfed altercation by throwing punch
Ingram: initiated entire situation by shoving Harden, runs from halfcourt to throw punch
Paul: puts finger into face of Rondo, throws punch in self-defense

If the league suspends Rondo and Paul for the same amount, they are basically telling guys to be punching bags if someone swings on you.

LeBron going to CP3 reminded me of when the Yankees and Mariners had a brawl and ARod and Jeter were hanging out at second base together watching. Which also reminds me, nice to see Lonzo actually help out instead of walk away from his teammates like he did last season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

AMAZING!!!!

I wouldn't call it that.

Trust Chris Paul when he says he was spit on.

Verify it with crystal clear video.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

AMAZING!!!!

I wouldn't call it that.

Trust Chris Paul when he says he was spit on.

Verify it with crystal clear video.

Tell that to Lakers Coach Luke Walton.

When asked Sunday if Rondo spit on Paul, Lakers head coach Luke Walton said, "No."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25043399/nba-looking-video-showing-rajon-rondo-spitting-chris-paul

Like I said before I'll go with whatever the NBA decides to do but I am certainly NOT going to pass judgement until then.

Innocent until proven guilty - right?