Poll

Okay, CBers, honestly tell me where you now rank my beloved Tide after today's defensive dominance of Ole Miss?

0 (0%)
6 (54.5%)
1 (9.1%)
Other
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 13, 2009, 12:39:44 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Where do you rank my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide?  (Read 4217 times)

POLL: Where do you rank my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide?
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:39:44 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Please don't forget to tell me why.  I want to get the view of sports fans outside of Alabama. Hit me with your honest opinion.

Re: POLL: Where do you rank my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
That was a miserable game. I can't believe I watched the whole thing from the student section.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
That was a miserable game. I can't believe I watched the whole thing from the student section.
That's funny.  How is anybody voting other?  Meaning they don't deserve top 3???

Please explain, phantom voters.  Who is more deserving of the top 3 other than Florida, Texas and Alabama?

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Florida is head and shoulders above anyone else in college football, as thoroughly sick as I am of Tim Tebow-mania. The guy cannot go away soon enough to suit me.

Alabama is second, but frankly, Florida wins that game easily. Texas isn't a top 5 team, period - they've played no one and they'll be thoroughly unable to run the football against a top-flight defense.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
I do not agree that Florida wins that game "easily", Coach Bo.  While I still give Florida the edge due to Tebow, Alabama almost pulled that game off last year were it not for a 7 for 7 passing drive by the Gators.  Alabama has vastly improved in offensive balance and their defense is the best I've seen since the 1992 National Championship team.  I have to think with the way Florida struggled at home against a below average Tennessee team that Saban will have a little something to say if and when he gets a second crack at it.

I appreciate the opinion.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 12:18:18 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I still like Flordia as the #1 team, but I'm rooting for Bama.

I think Flordia is just too talented, and to have them anywhere besides #1 is kinda silly. I think Flordia makes its bones on their defense, and I think they're tougher than Alabama. This opinion is a week behind though, as I was driving around like an idiot for a lot of saturday looking at leaves change colors and trying all difference kinds of stuff flavored with "cider". One of the sacrifices to having a girlfriend you don't have to lose is you have to do thing no normal human would find engaging but you have to pretend like its cool. It's a lot like making your mom happy when you're 14.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 12:28:36 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

I think Flordia is just too talented, and to have them anywhere besides #1 is kinda silly. I think Flordia makes its bones on their defense, and I think they're tougher than Alabama. This opinion is a week behind though, as I was driving around like an idiot for a lot of saturday looking at leaves change colors and trying all difference kinds of stuff flavored with "cider". One of the sacrifices to having a girlfriend you don't have to lose is you have to do thing no normal human would find engaging but you have to pretend like its cool. It's a lot like making your mom happy when you're 14.
As a Bama fan, I still agree with the #2 ranking for now and it should stay that way until after the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta in early December.  We have LSU here, so unless something weird happens, we're expecting a re-match.

I do not agree that Florida is tougher.  Alabama is one of the hardest hitting teams in college football.  What I think the difference is right now between the two is Tebow.  If we find a way to finally contain him, we have the best chance of anyone in the country at pulling it off.  Greg McElroy has been dependable, so we don't make a ton of offensive mistakes to beat ourselves.  We have a stable of running backs that could start for almost any team in the country.  It's our defensive schemes vs. Tebow. 

Florida #1 and Bama #2.  I then think there is a vast drop off to Texas #3 and VT #4.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:35:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

As a Bama fan, I still agree with the #2 ranking for now and it should stay that way until after the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta in early December.  We have LSU here, so unless something weird happens, we're expecting a re-match.

I do not agree that Florida is tougher.  Alabama is one of the hardest hitting teams in college football.  What I think the difference is right now between the two is Tebow.  If we find a way to finally contain him, we have the best chance of anyone in the country at pulling it off.  Greg McElroy has been dependable, so we don't make a ton of offensive mistakes to beat ourselves.  We have a stable of running backs that could start for almost any team in the country.  It's our defensive schemes vs. Tebow. 

Florida #1 and Bama #2.  I then think there is a vast drop off to Texas #3 and VT #4.

Didn't FLA's defense return all their starters from last year? That's the number 1 or maybe number 1a defense in the country. Gotta be, right?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 01:04:43 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Alabama is horrible.

I say this because I am a Dolphins fan and I don't like Saban.