Author Topic: Danny : "I'm excited"  (Read 17545 times)

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I am excited to see them make the #1, 2 or 3 pick in a good draft.

I am not excited to see them swing and miss on max FA this summer...then settling to resign scrap heap guys like Zeller, Amir, Young, the Swedish Larry Bird, Gerald Green.

Then hearing the spin about the draft and stash guys as well as how Jordan Mickey is close to being a really good player. That gets old

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

People ignore it because building through the draft makes no sense when you're the #2 seed in the conference.

I'm just telling you what they're going to do. I would recommend listening to Wyc's interviews. He literally said he thinks they can win a championship with this team. He said there may be a chance they don't need a superstar to win...Ainge and the front office have been pretty transparent.

You aren't going to win a championship with this team.  I haven't heard Wyc say this is a Championship level team.  Please provide a link.  Nobody else in the league believes that either.  I have even heard Ainge say this team has faults.  You don't have the rebounding or rim protection to win it all. 

If you look at signing someone this summer (then you say goodbye to KO and maybe others).  Then if we get lucky and get the #1 pick and choose a PG I agree with Woj, IT will have issues with it, especially going into his contract year.  Both of the players you stashed this year form the draft want to come over next year.  Also, looking forward after next year you will lose either Bradley or IT because both are FA and both will want big contracts and someone will pay them.  You can't sign everyone.     

Yeah I'm not providing you a link. Go google it. It was on Felger and Mazz last week. Listen and weep. Literally said he thinks there is a chance we can without a superstar.

Tough to have the best 5 on the floor without a superstar at one position at least.

Those pistons had 4 all stars, too. But the conference was weak. Still, we need to gather up a couple more all stars.

Maybe Bradley almost counts, with all-NBA defense plus shooting and rebounding this year. And maybe Horford still counts (if we're dominating maybe he gets consideration). We would be one piece away, at SF or C.  Bogut  is a former all star right?

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Jay King: Ainge said he expects some of the talks will resume this summer. 31 mins ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

Marc D’Amico: Ainge: “We won’t put a ceiling on this team, but we haven’t seen the best of this team. Our whole team hasn’t been in tact for many games.” 7 mins ago – via Twitter celtics

And that is the problem. Not guarentee Bradley comes back healthy any time soon. Last 2 seasons he cannot be counted on

Bingo... Avery and Crowder for that matter were both inured in playoffs last year.. so what happens this year? if avery can't play come playoffs you let him walk..

Trading Avery now would have been selling low on him. We still have him for another year after this one so we obviously don't 'let him walk'. If he is still on the roster next season, there will surely be teams willing to trade at least a decent first for him at the deadline. He is basically a player that every team would love to have (especially winning teams), but might not be able to afford if over the cap. Trading for him would let a team acquire his Bird rights.

Don't forget the KO was also injured in last year's playoffs and we didn't have Horford. A healthy AB, Crowder, KO, and Horford should make enough of a difference to at least win us a round. I know that doesn't make people very happy, but, like Danny, I am also excited about our future!

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I am not excited to see them swing and miss on max FA this summer...then settling to resign scrap heap guys like Zeller, Amir, Young, the Swedish Larry Bird, Gerald Green.

Then hearing the spin about the draft and stash guys as well as how Jordan Mickey is close to being a really good player. That gets old
If we swing and miss on a big FA signing, then yeah we will resign guys like Zeller, Amir, JJ, and Green to contracts that enable us to be in a position to make a trade at the next deadline if a superstar we want becomes available.  I'm fine with that.  It's the smart move to make.

I don't think we're going to be worrying about spin, we're going to be a better team in an even better position next season than we are this season.  Our guys are mostly young with more growth still ahead of them, we have no key players about to leave in FA that aren't replaceable, and we have the opportunity to add an elite prospect plus possible FA signings.

I would have liked to add a Taj Gibson for cheap, but overall, I'm pretty excited about the franchise and its future myself.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

If we totally whiff in FA (I can't imagine, but...) and somehow we do bring back some of those guys, expect them to be on very tradable Zeller/Amir contracts.

I HAVE to imagine DA has bigger plans than this, though. See Horford from last summer.

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

If we totally whiff in FA (I can't imagine, but...) and somehow we do bring back some of those guys, expect them to be on very tradable Zeller/Amir contracts.

I HAVE to imagine DA has bigger plans than this, though. See Horford from last summer.

I keep thinking they were brought back this year so they could be moved today. Now they are stuck with Zeller. Seems like these junk contracts are just for days like today...but they are never moved

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
If he's excited to get out rebounded every night and get bounced in the first round, then yeah I get that.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.
i believe IT and horford are here for 2 reasons

number 1 is if we could make a trade to maximize them and capitalize on the now

number 2 (i feel the real reason) to appease the impatient fans while we build the future core

In all seriousness, do we have any sure things in our "future core"?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

This may be the most accurate statement on this board in months.

Ainge quit on this team.

LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some of the posters here deserve the Kings ownership with the amount of complaining.

"Oh no Danny didn't get rid of a top 4 pick in a loaded draft for a guy that wouldn't get us a championship. OMGZ"

Or

"Oh no, Danny didn't get a guy that would only get 5 minutes off the bench. What an idiot".

the funniest of all are those of you acting like Danny has done a bad job.

Danny is a no questions asked top 5 executive in this league and that is a fact.

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If he's excited to get out rebounded every night and get bounced in the first round, then yeah I get that.

he gets outrebounded but he is the 2nd team in the east. btw you do know thay the playoffs start in 2 months right? unless i overslept and missed the 1st round exit 

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
4UCK You , Danny.

Hilarious.

Danny is one of the best GM's in the NBA.

He knows far better than you what he is doing.

I honestly don't get how some of you don't see how great Danny is at his job.

Go follow the kings, they seem more in line with how you want your GM's to operate.

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Me too, Danny. Me too.  ;)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

number 2 (i feel the real reason) to appease the impatient fans while we build the future core

That's a very underrated part of this story going forward...because especially if the ping pong balls fall our way and that Brooklyn pick this year ends up being #1, I don't think we're trading it.  And if we aren't trading it, that means Fultz or Ball will be here.  And with IT's contract being up after next season, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if IT is traded before the start of next season.

People have to understand that because all of these "core guys" will eventually have to be paid, there's a decent chance that by the time we're truly contending for a title, a lot of this scrappy core that we've come to fall in love with won't be here.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if we unload a decent amount of our "core" this summer in favor of building around Fultz/Ball and Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

That's a very underrated part of this story going forward...because especially if the ping pong balls fall our way and that Brooklyn pick this year ends up being #1, I don't think we're trading it.  And if we aren't trading it, that means Fultz or Ball will be here.  And with IT's contract being up after next season, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if IT is traded before the start of next season.

People have to understand that because all of these "core guys" will eventually have to be paid, there's a decent chance that by the time we're truly contending for a title, a lot of this scrappy core that we've come to fall in love with won't be here.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if we unload a decent amount of our "core" this summer in favor of building around Fultz/Ball and Jaylen Brown.

Yeah, we'd have Fultz/Ball, Brown, Smart and whoever we get with the 2018 Nets pick. Not to mention Zizic and Yabusele.

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 05:20:44 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

he gets outrebounded but he is the 2nd team in the east. btw you do know thay the playoffs start in 2 months right? unless i overslept and missed the 1st round exit

I'd argue this statement should push Ainge even more to acquire some rebounding help on the cheap...because you're right, it's actually really impressive that this team is the 2 seed right now while being as bad as they are at rebounding.  If they had even just one more guy in their rotation that could competently rebound, they'd be a shoe-in for the 2 seed and could even seriously threaten the Cavs for the one seed.

You're telling me there was not one guy out there that's gonna be a free agent after the season that Ainge could've traded a couple 2nd rounders for that would've improved the rebounding?  I refuse to believe that.  And like I've said, I think it's a total slap in the face from the GM to the players on this team to not try and improve THIS team.