Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18  (Read 102361 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18
« Reply #1995 on: May 28, 2018, 08:13:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If anyone had told us we would be in game 7 of the ECF, after losing Hayward and Irving we would have laughed them out of the room.

I think LeBron in the finals = lower ratings for the NBA.

« Reply #1996 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Remember at halftime when people were saying Brown and Rozier should continue to shoot because they were "open" shots  ::)
I bet you you can get a lot of "open shots" if you shoot from across half court, too.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1997 on: May 28, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why did Van Gundy and Jackson keep saying how great of a block it was by LeBron on Rozier? It was clearly a foul on the arm. Replay after replay showed that. Yes, it was a GREAT attempt at a block but hey refs he fouled his arm. Can you imagine the turn of events if they call the foul instead of a block?

« Reply #1998 on: May 28, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I really thought when Tatum put a poster on Lebron THEN hit a 3 to give the C's a 72-71 lead, that maybe it was meant to be.

NOPE. Brown loses Green in the corner who hits a wide open 3, then we chuck up a bad shot, and on the other end Lebron passes to Thompson who walks to an easy dunk SMH.

Brutal. Great playoff run from the C's, but still felt like an awful way to end it. Lot of guys just didn't show up tonight.

The Cavs responded to every spurt of momentum the Celtics got.  I loved the Tatum sequence.  I think back to Morris’ that put us up 3, then Smith immediately responding with his own. 
Yup

« Reply #1999 on: May 28, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I really thought when Tatum put a poster on Lebron THEN hit a 3 to give the C's a 72-71 lead, that maybe it was meant to be.

NOPE. Brown loses Green in the corner who hits a wide open 3, then we chuck up a bad shot, and on the other end Lebron passes to Thompson who walks to an easy dunk SMH.

Brutal. Great playoff run from the C's, but still felt like an awful way to end it. Lot of guys just didn't show up tonight.

The Cavs responded to every spurt of momentum the Celtics got.  I loved the Tatum sequence.  I think back to Morris’ that put us up 3, then Smith immediately responding with his own.
Tatum gave LeBron a little bump who looked backed at Tatum as if to say, "Kid, you haven't done SQUAT to disrespect me, I'll show you who you are dissing".  That was a turning point, just an immature move by Tatum.

« Reply #2000 on: May 28, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
If anyone had told us we would be in game 7 of the ECF, after losing Hayward and Irving we would have laughed them out of the room.

I think LeBron in the finals = lower ratings for the NBA.

Unfortunately, you're wrong. You have no 
idea just how many people across the country are masive Bron fans. Not to mention the bandwagoners hopping on to the lebron train. Just look at the local TV ratings for this series. Celtics only drew 13ish while the Clevelanders were completely fixated at almost 20ish ratings. That's a too much of a difference and speaks volumes about how boston  people actually feel about basketball. It has always been a hockey/baseball culture here and it makes me sad the the greatest most historical franchise in sports is second fiddle to hockey and baseball here.

« Reply #2001 on: May 28, 2018, 08:56:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
4th will be a james take over

When they showed that LeBron and Durant video, I kind of thought it might be over.

« Reply #2002 on: May 28, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I hope we don’t get once in a season Jeff green superstar game .
Not over the top, but good showing from Green.

« Reply #2003 on: May 28, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Tatum gave LeBron a little bump who looked backed at Tatum as if to say, "Kid, you haven't done SQUAT to disrespect me, I'll show you who you are dissing".  That was a turning point, just an immature move by Tatum.
Also, Tatum is showing up as a bit of a whiner. Not liking that.

You're not gonna get calls when it matters if you throw a tantrum every time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2004 on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I was disappointed in Jeff green after the game

Asked him about his heart surgery and he never once thanked the Celtics for what they did for him...essentially saving his life. It was all about him.

Green was so moody and whiny in Boston. Was never happy. Hard to cheer for that guy he quit in many of games as a Celtic

« Reply #2005 on: May 29, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
This is not a game 7 question, but rather a series/playoff question. Was it just me, or does Tristian Thompson set illegal screens all the time and not get called for it? He was constantly setting moving screens and it was driving me nuts.

« Reply #2006 on: May 29, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Only if you're a Celtic.  If you're Lebron, KD, Harden, Russ, Curry, any legit Lakers star, or any halfway decent player laying against the Celtics you can whine all game long and the whistles come like water from a waterfall.

« Reply #2007 on: May 29, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Ummm... what? I liked that from Tatum... Tatum is only 20 years old, and without him, Rozier, Horford or Brown, I don't think he would ever be in that same position to do so.

As he said in the post game, "I meant no disrespect... I just made a play... Emotions."

I want Tatum to never ever shrivel before LeBron... I want him to look him in the eye every time something like that happens...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2008 on: May 29, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This is not a game 7 question, but rather a series/playoff question. Was it just me, or does Tristian Thompson set illegal screens all the time and not get called for it? He was constantly setting moving screens and it was driving me nuts.

Yes he does and I also think he gets away with spreading his feet out too far. I thought your feet could only be spread as far out as your shoulders . The rules are very unevenly applied in The NBA from game to game, player to player, and team to team. With all that said Boston and Houston both lost in their game sevens due to poor 3 point shooting. 15%. I can't really look at another number that effected the game more than that.

« Reply #2009 on: May 29, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Really... because I swear I see Lebron, Harden, Curry and many others do it ALL the time and get calls.

Now if you want to point to the fact that Tatum is just a rookie and still hasn't earned that respect, then fine, but yeah that last point in today's NBA is (unfortunately) just not true.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller