Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode IX  (Read 29342 times)

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Can someone explain to me how can Luke and some combinations of Anakin/Padme or even Obi Wan can be cloned and turn into Rey...Just clueless but its certainly looking like its what theyd be doing since the Lightsaber has called Rey...

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 07:25:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Episode 8 was one of the least enjoyable viewing experiences I've had in a cinema in quite some time. I'm quite a big SW fan and felt it was just completely lame.

Swapping director was stupid. Not having the whole trilogy written before filming started was super stupid and amateurish.

I didn't mind the trailer (besides the backflip), but I don't really like Rey as a character, so I can't say I'm too excited.

Give me a remaster of the Knights of the Old Republic video games ahead of anything!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I could not figure out why they did not let Leia die in space, that was one of the dumbest things about 8.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 08:29:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can someone explain to me how can Luke and some combinations of Anakin/Padme or even Obi Wan can be cloned and turn into Rey...Just clueless but its certainly looking like its what theyd be doing since the Lightsaber has called Rey...

Space magic.

Episode 8 was one of the least enjoyable viewing experiences I've had in a cinema in quite some time. I'm quite a big SW fan and felt it was just completely lame

Last Jedi was the best numbered Star Wars movie since Empire (Rogue One is right there with it)

Swapping director was stupid. Not having the whole trilogy written before filming started was super stupid and amateurish.

They did both of these with the original trilogy.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I'm really unhappy with how much info was shared in this teaser trailer. From the title reveal, the emperor's laugh and all the other items mentioned, it really removes the element of surprise. I've tried really hard to resist spoilers. Wish SW was run more like Marvel with the secrecy

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Space magic.

Episode 8 was one of the least enjoyable viewing experiences I've had in a cinema in quite some time. I'm quite a big SW fan and felt it was just completely lame

Last Jedi was the best numbered Star Wars movie since Empire (Rogue One is right there with it)

There seems to be a major disconnect between the stories that each director wanted to tell though.  I left TLJ convinced that the whole point was to move the Star Wars Saga beyond the Skywalker bloodline.  The idea that the force was something much larger, and the story would continue to explore that fact.  Now Abrams is back and, judging by the title, seemingly hell bent on bringing the focus back on the Skywalkers.  It's making me start to wonder what the whole point of this trilogy was beyond just cashing in.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Space magic.

There seems to be a major disconnect between the stories that each director wanted to tell though.  I left TLJ convinced that the whole point was to move the Star Wars Saga beyond the Skywalker bloodline.  The idea that the force was something much larger, and the story would continue to explore that fact.  Now Abrams is back and, judging by the title, seemingly hell bent on bringing the focus back on the Skywalkers.  It's making me start to wonder what the whole point of this trilogy was beyond just cashing in.
answered your own question

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 09:59:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think there's a good chance they bring back Anakin (Hayden Christiensen). Maybe as a force ghost as they did in episode 6

If they bring back emperor Palpatine, then they have to bring back the last remaining main character ... Anakin Skywalker as the title suggests. He's the chosen one

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 10:29:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That means this poster that leaked a while ago is real

The knights of ren finally make an appearance. Looks like kylo gets his mask back to lead his knights

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Last Jedi was more cringeworthy for me than 2/3 of the prequels, lol.

And just because they did it before doesn’t make it a good practice.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They could keep her parentage as being a couple nobodies and she could still take the name Skywalker in honor of her mentor.  She talked about how the name had meaning in the galaxy as a beacon for hope.  It would make sense for her to take the name with Luke's blessing in the same way the name "Darth" is passed on to Sith.

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 03:40:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Clone theories are whack.  Save them for the silly non-canon novellas. 

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 03:50:05 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm fortunate that, like the widespread critical consensus, I thought "Last Jedi" was absolutely brilliant.  That just magnifies my hype for this movie even more.  I feel bad for fans who hated it and will be going into this one wading through salt.

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 03:52:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'm fortunate that, like the widespread critical consensus, I thought "Last Jedi" was absolutely brilliant.  That just magnifies my hype for this movie even more.  I feel bad for fans who hated it and will be going into this one wading through salt.
Yeah man, it fricken sucks. I liked Rogue One and Solo quite a lot too.

Ah well. At least The Joker looks cool

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2019, 06:55:26 AM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
What about it exactly do you find brilliant?