Author Topic: Semi Ojeleye Catch All Thread  (Read 39961 times)

Re: Semi Ojeleye Catch All Thread
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2018, 12:03:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
With Monroe starting to play well, I hope Morris takes bulk of the backup 3 ninutes so Semi doesnt have to play.

Heck if I had to choose, Id play Yabu over him. At least with Yabu you can aee the upside.

« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
cripes. twenty pages and counting on cb for a second round draft pick. ha ha...this is why i like this place.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
cripes. twenty pages and counting on cb for a second round draft pick. ha ha...this is why i like this place.  ;D

High fives!! TP
ok fine

« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
With Monroe starting to play well, I hope Morris takes bulk of the backup 3 ninutes so Semi doesnt have to play.

Heck if I had to choose, Id play Yabu over him. At least with Yabu you can aee the upside.

Our 2nd unit does seem a lot bigger than it used to be. I don't love Morris at SF, but it should help him down on the block against smaller players - he does love that turnaround J. He just needs to remain (or become) active on D.

« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I can't disagree with you there. It's fascinating to see some of the posts in this thread and not burst out with laughter. Especially when you have members saying he's a top 50 player, SF's can't stop him, we should have him attack Porzingis 1-on-1 in order to get some easy baskets, etc.

« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Rough preseason for Semi No-O

FG% 16.7
3PT% 14.3 (2 for 14)

The offense is to be expected, as he offers little at that end, but his shots have been all over the place (wide left, wide right, etc.). What's even more concerning is that he continues to get wide open looks and just can't shoot.

« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

FG% 16.7
3PT% 14.3 (2 for 14)

The offense is to be expected, as he offers little at that end, but his shots have been all over the place (wide left, wide right, etc.). What's even more concerning is that he continues to get wide open looks and just can't shoot.
Shooting sub-20 is inexcusable really.

I liked the defence he displayed on occasion last season, and thought he had promise, but if he truly hasn't developed as a shooter at all (not going to make conclusions based on preseason) then I fear he doesn't have long left in the league
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2018, 08:30:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

FG% 16.7
3PT% 14.3 (2 for 14)

I liked the defence he displayed on occasion last season, and thought he had promise, but if he truly hasn't developed as a shooter at all (not going to make conclusions based on preseason) then I fear he doesn't have long left in the league

Right. The problem is he doesn't move well without the ball either. I remember when Bradley couldn't really shoot, but he was a terror going backdoor on the baseline. Semi doesn't do this, instead he just stays in the weakside corner waiting to fire away another curveball. What's unsettling is that all the teams know he can't shoot, so he kills our spacing and his man plays way off him clogging any action in the paint.

« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

FG% 16.7
3PT% 14.3 (2 for 14)

Right. The problem is he doesn't move well without the ball either. I remember when Bradley couldn't really shoot, but he was a terror going backdoor on the baseline. Semi doesn't do this, instead he just stays in the weakside corner waiting to fire away another curveball. What's unsettling is that all the teams know he can't shoot, so he kills our spacing and his man plays way off him clogging any action in the paint.
Agree completely. If he could just take a leaf out of AB's book and move off the ball, even to just make the defender aware of him, he would help out the offence a lot more than just sitting there.
Against teams like Milwaukee this particularly hurt us, because it allows their long athletic freaks like Giannis to 'man-up' on Semi but really just roam around playing help defence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2018, 11:09:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Semi is a very limited player. Strong as an ox and some decent defensive chops but that's where it ends. He should be a 14th or 15th guy on a contending team. Unfortunately we have Bird and Yabusele so he is pretty much a guy that will be active most games and probably see some action, action he shouldn't really see.

« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Semi is a very limited player. Strong as an ox and some decent defensive chops but that's where it ends. He should be a 14th or 15th guy on a contending team. Unfortunately we have Bird and Yabusele so he is pretty much a guy that will be active most games and probably see some action, action he shouldn't really see.

To be honest, Yabusele has shown more this preseason than Semi has. It's a shame that Semi is so bad offensively, he seems like a good guy, but at this age (soon to be 24) and his low skill level it's hard to see him amounting to much.

« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
His D at times can be very good.    I disagree that he is worse than Yabusele.   Both of these guys have big time confidence issues and do not use their bodies well.

« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

To be honest, Yabusele has shown more this preseason than Semi has. It's a shame that Semi is so bad offensively, he seems like a good guy, but at this age (soon to be 24) and his low skill level it's hard to see him amounting to much.

That being said, how about Gershon?

Yabuselle skillset feels like its been scaling up nicely. When we played the Cavs the other night Yabu was assertive and productive in his minutes. He has legitimate athleticism with that body type.

We could really have something if Yabuselle can slide into the 4th big man spot.

« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

That being said, how about Gershon?

Yabuselle skillset feels like its been scaling up nicely. When we played the Cavs the other night Yabu was assertive and productive in his minutes. He has legitimate athleticism with that body type.

We could really have something if Yabuselle can slide into the 4th big man spot.

Assertive is the exact word I was thinking for describing Yabu. Another word was aggressive, which he showed when he was clearly fouled and sprinted down the floor to block a shot into the second row. He doesn't really know how to use his size, and put that shoulder into a defender's chest, to create space for his shot, but hopefully that'll come.

« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
It is wild to me that Semi can't get a shot to go down. All indications are he should be a better shooter. I don't get it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008