Author Topic: Clippers 9 game losing streak, rated last in defense  (Read 5238 times)

Re: Clippers 6 game losing streak, rated last in defense
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 05:51:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
They're hurt.
max contract griffin shooting 37% from the field during this L streak.

They’re still hurt.  Down their top 2 PGs (Teodosic and Beverly) and Gallo. Griffin has to be the primary ballhandler on a lot of possessions.  That’s not really his role.  Only 15% of his made 2-point shots have been assisted so far this year, which is like half the rate of DeRozan.

I’m not trying to shrug away the injuries (they chose to sign Gallo, who’s not the epitome of health), but it’s pretty clear the injuries are affecting them significantly. If they get healthy soon they should have time to turn it around this season and sneak into the playoffs.  But it’s not clear they’ll get healthy soon.

Re: Clippers 8 game losing streak, rated last in defense
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Doc getting ready for the AXE

clippers in full self destruct

Tank corps  summoned ....need tanking coach soon to lead the NBA required 4-8 seasons of hades.

Doc joining TV hoasts .....McHale , Thomas

Clippers going back to full worthless Kings mode... West can save them , but he may die of old age first , but better West help Clippers than Lakers .   Lakers choose Magic over West .   Awful front office.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
When has being a coach and gm at the same time ever had good results? The owner never should have done that.

different sport, but only Belicheck has been successful in that role really.

Poor choice on the clippers part. Doc rivers never seemed like a personnel guy to me. he was mainly a guy who was good at handling egos once you gave him the talent.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
When has being a coach and gm at the same time ever had good results? The owner never should have done that.

different sport, but only Belicheck has been successful in that role really.

Poor choice on the clippers part. Doc rivers never seemed like a personnel guy to me. he was mainly a guy who was good at handling egos once you gave him the talent.

This was Doc thinking all those years he could have done better than Ainge, who knew healthcare GMing was so hard?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They will fire Doc soon

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
From what I read, many players (CP3 and Reddick included) were upset because apparently the Clippers could have traded for Carmelo Anthony last season and felt it would help them out a ton in the playoffs.

BUT to help with salary-matching and what not, Austin Rivers would have had to have been included in the deal too, and Doc didn't want to trade his son, so they didn't trade for Melo.

Apparently that made many Clips players mad, and I guess that kind of explains why Reddick and CP3 left (frustration), and if it weren't for Griffin getting the super-max offer, he would be looking elsewhere too (but I mean.. who would want to turn that money down??)

And watch yesterday's game, Austin Rivers plays all those minutes, gets SCHOOLED by Lebron, and Doc just lets him play while Clippers just stumble late.

Honestly, Doc to me is simply overrated. He's a decent head coach, but man I feel if CBS coached the C's back then, even with mix of injuries and what not, they would have found a way to at least win 2 titles in that era, maybe even 3...

I can’t speak to the validity of what former Clippers knew and why they left, but that all seems very plausible. It’s never a good look to be the president and coach of your own son. Nobody expected that to go well. Not a knock on Austin, but he’s being coddled under his fathers tutelage.

I do distinctly remember the Celtics losing back-to-back game the the Wizards in that ‘07-08 season and saying to myself Doc needs to be fired. Perhaps it was an overreaction but there was no reason a team with that talent should lose b2b games to that Wiz team (1-3 for the season). Much of the playoff elongation could also be placed on him.

He was a lovable guy and obviously they won a championship under him, but am I fully confident he maximized that window? Absolutely not. I could’ve coached that 2008 team to the banner and 09 nobody can fault him for, but could we have gutted out that win in 2010? How about 2012?

Brad Stevens is the best Celtics coach since I’ve been alive, and I’m 32.

Doc is a great guy, but CBS is the better coach.

I tend to believe it.

I see Clippers fans on a daily basis in social media complain about Rivers playing so much despite being horrible in some of the games.

And this is true even when the team is healthy. Doc definitely seems to favor his son more in situations, and if it's true that he chose his son over improving the organization last year (in terms of playoff chances via a Carmelo trade), then I'd be pretty mad too if I was CP3 and co.

That's not to fully defend CP3 and co. either b/c truth is, they have under-performed at times too (and Griffin's been injured quite a bit), but still..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 10:10:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Carmelo is overrated by players. GMs are aware that his game has declined badly.

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
This kinda reminds me of the Celtics 2012-13 season when we would randomly lose 6 in row, then win 6 in a row
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: Clippers 9 game losing streak, rated last in defense
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 04:02:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Blown out by 22 to the knicks

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The front office  axe cometh soon for Doctor Doom Rivers .   He prepareth for his TV analyst gig..... ;)

His days are few.

Let it be said ....let it be written .

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 09:25:22 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
Not sure why the Clippers would need to fire Doc, and eat the year plus left in his salary ($10 mill annually through 2018/19), when they can have him coach this year's tank. The FO is no longer in his control, and if Ballmer okays it, they could start trading off parts  - e..g Lou Will (expiring $7mill), Deandre (thru next year $24 mill), Pat Bev (thru next year $5mill), or favorite son Austin (thru next year $12.5mill) - for future assets.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Not sure why the Clippers would need to fire Doc, and eat the year plus left in his salary ($10 mill annually through 2018/19), when they can have him coach this year's tank. The FO is no longer in his control, and if Ballmer okays it, they could start trading off parts  - e..g Lou Will (expiring $7mill), Deandre (thru next year $24 mill), Pat Bev (thru next year $5mill), or favorite son Austin (thru next year $12.5mill) - for future assets.

Yeah I'd make him honor his coaching deal and wallow in the mess he's made.

Hahahahahaha I love it.

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 02:37:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
How long will the losing streak last

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Beverly calls out clippers stars

Their supposed leader, Blake Griffin, put forth a substandard effort, getting a technical foul late in the game, fouling out after a senseless hard foul on Tim Hardaway Jr., and getting a delay of game call for not giving the officials the ball.

The Clippers showed little unity, the first team putting up a dismal showing.

As he sat at his locker after returning from a five-game layoff, only to be part of an 11th loss in 12 games, Patrick Beverley expressed how “p---ed off” he was.

“This ... feels like 100 losses,” Beverley said. “Straight up. This ... is weak. This ain’t how I roll. That ain’t OK and I won’t allow it to be OK as long as I’m here. That’s a fact.”

The Clippers already had one team meeting following their third straight loss in San Antonio on Nov. 7. Is it worth having another one?

“Hell no,” Beverley said. “We just got to play harder. That’s it. We just got to play harder. You get rid of the mistakes by playing hard. We’re not playing hard; the first unit, not the whole team. I challenged the first unit to play harder.”

Griffin had 21 points on six-for-18 shooting, but had just four rebounds and also four turnovers. DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and nine rebounds. Beverley had nine points and Lou Williams had eight on two-for-eight shooting. Austin Rivers missed eight of nine shots and finished with two points.

“So what if you have two points? As long as we win, what does it matter? What if you don’t have no points?” Beverley said. “And that’s the maturity hump that we got to get over. We have to be more mature and I don’t think we’re mature enough yet. It’s there. It’s real close. It’s real, real close. But, we just got to play harder.

“We too cool. We too cool. We come in this game, we come on the court like people are supposed to back down because of the name on the back of our jerseys and that’s not the case. The only thing people are looking at is the name on the front of our jersey, and that’s nine losses in a row. They don’t give a ... about what you’ve done in the past or your stats or anything. Teams out here are trying to beat our ... and they are beating our ... .”

The Clippers cut a 17-point deficit in the third quarter to two by going on a 15-0 run, but Griffin committed a turnover, spinning in the air and throwing the ball away. Momentum quickly shifted again in favor of the Knicks, as Doug McDermott hit a pair of three-pointers in a 12-0 run, leaving the Clippers in a bad way the rest of the game.

“We cut the lead to two in the third, but we didn’t do what we needed to do,” Beverley said. “We took another ‘L.’ This is new territory for me, and I don’t like it.”

The Clippers’ five-game trip makes its fourth stop Wednesday at Atlanta, a team that’s lost 14 of 17 and lost eight straight early on.

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 09:41:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Still losing

8-14 lol. Doc rivers what happened ? Why is Austin still starting?