Author Topic: Anthony Davis Potential Serious Injury  (Read 2340 times)

Anthony Davis Potential Serious Injury
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONyBP455ws

Grabbed his hip/groin area. Could just be a pointer, or a strained groin.

Also could be a torn labrum like with Thomas. Players grab that area when that kind of injury happens from what I've read.

It was a limited contact injury. He's a great player. Never want to see any human get an injury.

Re: Anthony Davis Potential Serious Injury
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Looked like a hip adductor (groin) injury at first glance. The video doesn't tell us a ton. My first thought was relief that it doesn't look like a torn ACL.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Groin injury is what they are reporting.  Hopefully not too serious. 

The refs should have stopped play a lot sooner.  They don't need to be playing around an injured player. 

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 11:33:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
INJURY PRONE......saY no to AD thoughts

This guy has more injuries, and very varied injuries....EVERY season so far.

This guy is not our savior, his asset cost and inevitable breakdown would undo much of the good DA has done.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »

• Paul Silas
If that is a "groin strain" then AD is a serious wimp. Seriously, he went down like dislocated his hip. He stayed down during the entire play with his head in his hand.

After reading up on the Thomas injury, I've heard that torn labrums often are misdiagnosed as groin strains/pulls. Either the injury is possibly more serious than they are letting on or AD is a wimp.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 10:05:08 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He is made of glass, way too injury prone, maybe because he filled up too quick
give me Rozier anyday

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 10:27:07 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
If that is a "groin strain" then AD is a serious wimp. Seriously, he went down like dislocated his hip. He stayed down during the entire play with his head in his hand.

After reading up on the Thomas injury, I've heard that torn labrums often are misdiagnosed as groin strains/pulls. Either the injury is possibly more serious than they are letting on or AD is a wimp.
I remember Smart writhing on the ground in his 2nd? season like he'd broken something but it ended up just being a high ankle strain. 

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

You have no basis to make that claim about him.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »

• Paul Silas

You have no basis to make that claim about him.

Meh. Maybe. The wimp idea seems like it has a track record. How many times has AD left part way through the game with injuries? How many nagging small injuries has he had?

That one last night, if it was a groin strain, was like he dislocated his leg. He went down after a slight bump while the play was still going on. He grabbed it. He covered his face throughout the rest of the play. His legs were shaking.

For a strain? As far as a fan watching a game has the basis to make that claim, it seems pretty obvious.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »

• Paul Silas