Author Topic: Is Monroe worth the max?  (Read 2892 times)

Is Monroe worth the max?
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:23:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
The celtics have room to add one max player. With contracts expiring next season they should be in similar position and have the ability to upgrade Monroe's contract in a couple years.  It's either offer it all at once or split our cap space.  Monroe is growing on me though.  We can legitamently offer him a max deal I assume.  Then offer another player a max deal next season as well.

Re: Is Monroe worth the max?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The celtics to me should be trying to move either Bradley or Wallace if we plan to add two players this offseason.  It's really offer it all in one chunk to one pla yer or make a deal dump wallace's contract or bradley's and add two players at around 15 mil each.

I think he is worth it the more I think about it.  He'd be a good fit and it would be a good situation for him as well.  Make some noise this year then get another piece next season.  If he wants to be a part of that. I'd offer a max deal.

We get monroe that's pretty much all we are getting though barring possibly moving bradley for a small forward.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:37:24 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:59 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I mean, with all of the talk of the cap increasing, it SEEMS like he wpuld be worth the max to me

The only thing that concerns me is his lack of blocks at his size

And i wouldn't be too surprised to see monroe turn into one of those guys who gets his money and goes through the motions (not that he will, just sayin i wouldn't be shocked)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I mean, with all of the talk of the cap increasing, it SEEMS like he wpuld be worth the max to me

And i wouldn't be too surprised to see monroe turn into one of those guys who gets his money and goes through the motions (not that he will, just sayin i wouldn't be shocked)

KP.  I agree with your assessment. But this might be a good thing that he wants a short term deal if that's the case.  Thats why I'm warming up to him I guess.  If we had to sign him to a long term deal I might think otherwise.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Do you remember the money thrown around last year? This is the new NBA we have to understand that. Max money doesn't mean he's a superstar, max money means all-star level talent at this point. If he puts up 17 & 12 next year or near that than I would think he's worth it.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yes.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
His max is 15.8. So absolutely.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 02:45:53 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Thats even better. Is that what he's going to get?  I'm just somewhat hesitant on if Monroe is the guy we want. If Klove and all tehse other guys are out of the mix monroe would make sense.  I'd still rather Kevin Love obviously.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yes

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Definitely not here. We don't have an athletic, shot blocking PF that can also shoot 3s to play with him.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Thats even better. Is that what he's going to get?  I'm just somewhat hesitant on if Monroe is the guy we want. If Klove and all tehse other guys are out of the mix monroe would make sense.  I'd still rather Kevin Love obviously.
Love gets 18.9 I believe. makes their value a whole lot closer doesnt it?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
No Doubt!

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
He may not be worth the max this year, but once the cap goes up he will be a bargain. More importantly, he won't sign for one penny less than the max. Unfortunately, it's starting to look that NYK is his first choice, especially if they whiff on Jordan.           

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hoops Hype reporting Celtics are out on Monroe. They can't even get a meeting. Hahahaha. Awful. Sorry organization that should have tanked for a star, now look at them? A tier 3 free agent won't even take the Celtics money. Won't even visit the Celtics. Should have been like the Bucks. Draft Greek and tank for Parker. Should have been so simple. Danny screwed it up. He needs to go.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 09:55:02 AM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15

Mark Blount