Author Topic: Jay King's interview w/ Brad Stevens in The Athletic - Schroder, Ime & more  (Read 3162 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
think it’s been interesting. I do think we’re a better shooting team than we’ve shot

No we are not Brad. Calling Bs here. Numbers don't lie Brad. Stevens of all people should know that much.

33.7% from three is good for 24th in the NBA.  That means we stink at shooting Brad.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Remember when we had old CBA (now defunct league) coaches?

All those guys were used to the type of roster turnover we are seeing now with Covid illnesses. They knew how to manage a team and deal with players in and out of lineup. New players every few weeks. Constant change.

Guys like George Karl. Flip Saunders. Even Phil Jackson. All these guys coached in the CBA.

I look at today's coaches and so many of them are shell-shocked ... stunned and unable to cope with all Covid related absences.

It annoys me. These present day sheltered coaching lives unable to cope.

Look no further than Brad Stevens, who coached Jordon freaking Crawford into being a player of the week.
He not only did that, he turned him into a trade asset. He also got Evan Turner a $70 million contract. And would have gotten IT a big money contract if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I thought the interview was largely Brad saying a lot of nothing - though he did acknowledge - in Brad Speak - that Hayward's departure was a killer - one they still haven't recovered from.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brad has mastered the art of deflecting, saying nothing, and outright lying with a straight face.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Brad has mastered the art of deflecting, saying nothing, and outright lying with a straight face.
The Pitino package!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
think it’s been interesting. I do think we’re a better shooting team than we’ve shot

No we are not Brad. Calling Bs here. Numbers don't lie Brad. Stevens of all people should know that much.

33.7% from three is good for 24th in the NBA.  That means we stink at shooting Brad.
I think the statement is true.
All stats derived from BBref
As of this post
Celtic's 3P%- 33.9% - 23rd in the league
If just Tatum was shooting career average 35.1% - 15th
Tatum and Al 35.8% - 10th

The whole team 35.6% - 11th

For career % I used to date. If I used career % entering this season the effect would be amplified.

Brad could have just as easily said "I don't think Jayson is a 32% three point shooter"

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
TP @ ozgod. Thanks for sharing. That’s even keeled Brad at his best. Looking forward to what he does at the deadline.

TP indeed! As for the deadline, looks like it's going to be mostly, perhaps entirely, about cost-cutting.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I am glad that Stevens doesn't shop players publicly the way Ainge did.
Ainge did a lot of damage the way he treated some of our guys. He turned Ray Allen against the franchise.

Having said that, Stevens doesn't say anything most of the time. It's the same old praise for everybody and anybody.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Ainge did a lot of damage the way he treated some of our guys. He turned Ray Allen against the franchise.

Having said that, Stevens doesn't say anything most of the time. It's the same old praise for everybody and anybody.

Ainge was just honest, the media turned him into a gm monster, devoid of emotions.

Ray turned Ray against the Celtics.

It's been well established that Allen was never interested in any social interactions with the team off the court. At the time Ainge starting looking for trades involving Allen, his defensive game was gone and he was upset about starting off the bench for Avery Bradley. Ainge was looking to improve the team and Allen was one of the few expendable assets available (especially after Jeff Green's heart issue).

You are correct about Stevens, he's mastered the art of talking yet some how saying nothing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:20:09 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I thought the interview was largely Brad saying a lot of nothing - though he did acknowledge - in Brad Speak - that Hayward's departure was a killer - one they still haven't recovered from.

Man, just today Hawyard scored 5 points.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Yeah, when you praise everyone all the time that praise becomes meaningless.

Used to bug me about CBS. At least we hear less from him now that he is PBS.