Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83615 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2022, 09:53:09 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Alright, fire Ime

« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2022, 10:07:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We must have lost ….the bad Ime thread has moved up in the que . ;D

« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Still not sold on Ime.

I want to be wrong about him, I do. If that’s the case then that means our Cs are doing well and more importantly PLAYING TO THEIR POTENTIAL.

D great…..granted…that has been his emphasis. I like that.

But his greatest faults to me are still his lack of imagination on offense, his echo chamber coaching staff and his inability to get through to the players regarding taking EVERY game seriously.

That nice winning streak ( against weak opposition) we had was nice because we won a couple of games we would’ve lost earlier in the year. Some credit to Ime.

HOWEVER, those bookend embarrassing, stench-filled losses to a seriously depleted Portland team (not scoring a bucket in the last 7:12 of the game) and a really sucky Detroit team where we allow Bagley and KO to look like All-stars and our effort, especially on D was highly lacking are on Uchoka. That was clearly a trap game to us, despite us being favored by 13 points in that game….AND WE LOSE.

C’ Mon, Ime, I don’t like you right now, but I’m rooting for you hard because the team that you coach has been a big part of my life for over 60 years. If you fail, they fail.

« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2022, 07:30:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
Shout out to Ime for playing Horford 37 mins yesterday and Theis 0 mins, So Al couldn’t play today... Grant plays 34mins tonight and puts up 4pts and 2reb. That’s a joke. Coach made no adjustments at the half, just jack up more 3’s. It was really bad.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 08:43:02 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2022, 07:56:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Shout out to Ime for playing Horford 37 mins yesterday and Theis 0 mins, So Al couldn’t play today... Grant plays 34mins tonight and puts up 4pts and 2reb. That’s a joke. Cosch made no adjustments at the half, just jack up more 3’s. Really bad.
Felt this was a check game. As in see what happens with limited options JIC you have injuries during playoffs. We can see we need all hands on deck or we our toast.

« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2022, 08:36:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Ime is not going anywhere any time soon.

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2022, 01:51:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Shout out to Ime for playing Horford 37 mins yesterday and Theis 0 mins, So Al couldn’t play today... Grant plays 34mins tonight and puts up 4pts and 2reb. That’s a joke. Coach made no adjustments at the half, just jack up more 3’s. It was really bad.
For as much as we've improved, his minutes management is absolute lunacy. Going to wear all our guys into the ground by April.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2022, 02:44:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
Knew it was a loss when I saw the Fire Ime thread on top of the page :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2022, 03:06:11 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
For as much as we've improved, his minutes management is absolute lunacy. Going to wear all our guys into the ground by April.

What's interesting though Gouki is that minutes for our starters have all reduced through the year (I got the splits from Basketball Reference so it doesn't include the Indiana game yet):

I've come to the conclusion that one of Ime's guiding principles is not to give minutes to people who he feels don't deserve it, especially in a game that hasn't been decided already...Brad and other coaches might give people 5-10 mins here and there, he doesn't do that. But as people gain his trust, they play more, as we see with GWill in the graphic above. Then they get big minutes because he really only wants to play 7-8 people max and the only way other people get a look in is with injury or if it's a blowout.

I have a feeling he planned to play Al 37 mins against Detroit and sit him on the 2nd night of a back to back and play Theis major minutes to see how he fits in, and Theis kind of flubbed the audition.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2022, 09:55:30 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Shout out to Ime for playing Horford 37 mins yesterday and Theis 0 mins, So Al couldn’t play today... Grant plays 34mins tonight and puts up 4pts and 2reb. That’s a joke. Cosch made no adjustments at the half, just jack up more 3’s. Really bad.
Felt this was a check game. As in see what happens with limited options JIC you have injuries during playoffs. We can see we need all hands on deck or we our toast.

Hope not, as every game matters at this point. That would be really foolish on his part as there is no guarantee the C’s make the playoffs. I think they do, but the teams are so bunched up so you just never know...
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2022, 10:23:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I have a feeling he planned to play Al 37 mins against Detroit and sit him on the 2nd night of a back to back and play Theis major minutes to see how he fits in, and Theis kind of flubbed the audition.
did he though?  I don't think so.  he was active on defense and on the boards.  5 boards in 15 minutes with 5 points.  1-2 from 3.  not a sterling stat sheet but the guy was hustling on D.  didn't see any reason he didn't deserve minutes in the rotation to give Al and Timelord a bit more rest.

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2022, 10:25:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Hope not, as every game matters at this point. That would be really foolish on his part as there is no guarantee the C’s make the playoffs. I think they do, but the teams are so bunched up so you just never know...
it's a valid point - a win last night and the C's are tied with Milwaukee for 5th (Mil gets the better seed based on win percentage but they'd be the same number of games over .500)

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

did he though?  I don't think so.  he was active on defense and on the boards.  5 boards in 15 minutes with 5 points.  1-2 from 3.  not a sterling stat sheet but the guy was hustling on D.  didn't see any reason he didn't deserve minutes in the rotation to give Al and Timelord a bit more rest.

Yeah, hard to hang this loss on Theis.

« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2022, 11:26:25 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Theis had 5 pts and 5 rebounds in 15 mins off the bench. Grant started, played 34 mins and gave the C’s 4pts and 2rebs. I’d rather play Theis. If Grant isn’t hitting 3’s he doesn’t do much of anything.

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I remain concerned about Ime's tactics in a playoff environment, and the fact that the Celts have had to tighten to an 8 man rotation in Jan / Feb feels like a long term problem. 

But the vibes are good, the team seems bought-in, and the offense is operating with a lot of ball movement and urgency.

Point in favor of the people who said Ime needed more time to come along as a rookie HC.

But yeah, we'll see how the playoffs affect the picture.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain