Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 82911 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2022, 08:07:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
https://halfcourthoops.substack.com/p/boston-celtics-atos-creative-guard

Not passing judgement on the specifics of the article but interesting points.

"The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios scoring 1.01 PPP currently."

At least one thing that reflects well on the coaching.

What.

Meanwhile literally everyone and their mother on this blog hates his outta timeout stuff hahahaha

yeah, I have to say that surprised me. I can't recall any standout plays out of timeouts this season.  Late in games it's been especially bad.

I wonder how those stats look if you separate the Q1-3 from Q4.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2022, 09:18:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Scal just critical of Horfords minutes, saying he never should be playing 32. Scal is often critical of many of Uchoka’s strategies regarding players PT as well as offensive schemes or the lack thereof and other in game decisions without mentioning him by name.

What’s wrong with Scal as an interim Ime replacement. He checks MOST of the boxes: former NBA player, NBA champion, former Celtic (knows the culture, the fans, the organization, etc) and has a FAR superior basketball mind to Uchoka (I know that’s not saying much).

Scal for coach!

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2022, 09:22:42 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Scal just critical of Horfords minutes, saying he never should be playing 32. Scal is often critical of many of Uchoka’s strategies regarding players PT as well as offensive schemes or the lack thereof and other in game decisions without mentioning him by name.

What’s wrong with Scal as an interim Ime replacement. He checks MOST of the boxes: former NBA player, NBA champion, former Celtic (knows the culture, the fans, the organization, etc) and has a FAR superior basketball mind to Uchoka (I know that’s not saying much).

Scal for coach!

I am good with it. Give Scal until the end of the season and see if he can do anything.

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2022, 09:23:16 PM »

Kiorrik

"The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios scoring 1.01 PPP currently."

What.

Meanwhile literally everyone and their mother on this blog hates his outta timeout stuff hahahaha

yeah, I have to say that surprised me. I can't recall any standout plays out of timeouts this season.  Late in games it's been especially bad.

I wonder how those stats look if you separate the Q1-3 from Q4.

I just love that the perception is often the opposite of the truth.

Again, that's why the image in my signature is what it is.

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I heard Frank Vogel could be looking for a job soon

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

What.

After Time Out data is wildly inconsistent without hand-tracking but I always love the insight on what teams are the best in these situations even with the data just from Synergy’s tracking.

Translation: I know that this stat is pretty ****, but it's something that I can use to vouch for the vibe man!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2022, 10:21:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Can the C’s trade Udoka and a 1st rounder for Billups?   :blank:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2022, 10:21:40 PM »

Kiorrik

HARD pass.

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2022, 10:22:20 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
HARD pass.
That's one more pass than what we're doing under the vibe man right now :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2022, 10:22:43 PM »

Kiorrik

HARD pass.

That's one more pass than what we're doing under the vibe man right now :laugh:

GOTTEM :') TP

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2022, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

HARD pass.

Billups certainly out coached Udoka tonight on the road with inferior talent. 
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2022, 10:29:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

HARD pass.
Billups certainly out coached Udoka tonight on the road with inferior talent.
SIGNIFICANTLY inferior I may add.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2022, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Hate to say it, but I agree. Not during the season, but as soon as it's over. He's taken this teams problems and made them worse.

Tatum and Brown have regressed. And yet we keep doing the same things offensively. Same hot garbage core lineup, same hot garbage offensive scheme, if you want to call it that.

The team is unwatchable, they don't play complimentary basketball with each other. But fact is, look at the box score, Tatum & Brown combine to shoot 15 of 39, what the other 8 or 10 guys who played did is largely irrelevant. We can't win with those 2 guys shooting so poorly as frequently as they have, and both have taken a big step back in efficiency, especially Tatum.

What troubles me is we have a GM and a HC who are defensive minded, neither has shown to have any great aptitude for offense. No matter how good the D, most nights, when the J's combine to shoot ~40%, we're going to lose.

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2022, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Hate to say it, but I agree. Not during the season, but as soon as it's over. He's taken this teams problems and made them worse.

Tatum and Brown have regressed. And yet we keep doing the same things offensively. Same hot garbage core lineup, same hot garbage offensive scheme, if you want to call it that.

The team is unwatchable, they don't play complimentary basketball with each other. But fact is, look at the box score, Tatum & Brown combine to shoot 15 of 39, what the other 8 or 10 guys who played did is largely irrelevant. We can't win with those 2 guys shooting so poorly as frequently as they have, and both have taken a big step back in efficiency, especially Tatum.

What troubles me is we have a GM and a HC who are defensive minded, neither has shown to have any great aptitude for offense. No matter how good the D, most nights, when the J's combine to shoot ~40%, we're going to lose.
Definitely don't disagree with the bolded - we might be jetting for Chet if we give him the remainder of the season lol.

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2022, 11:06:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
I think you need to try changing the coach before you break up the Jays. But in his defense, he has a lousy roster and he can't shoot the ball for Tatum.