Author Topic: Enes Kanter Legally Changing His Name To Enes Kanter Freedom  (Read 5834 times)

Re: Enes Kanter Legally Changing His Name To Enes Kanter Freedom
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2021, 09:55:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol at folks like Kanter. They are walking contradictions. You love America, you came here for the freedom that America embodies, yet LeBron James can’t be free to exercise his own views. You have to educate him. GO FIGURE.

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2021, 10:37:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Off the wall but quick story about getting my citizenship. My citizenship ceremony was at the JFK Museum in Boston and it was sponsored by the Red Sox and running late, which I thought was odd but didn't think too much of it. There was a big television crew there which I thought it could be for Ted Kennedy since he from my understanding, he likes to do these ceremonies (he was in the hospital at the time). I quickly found out that it was because David Ortiz was also getting his citizenship. That made an already great moment even cooler.

Also, prior to that, my brother and I had to go to Boston to take the citizenship exam early morning. Since we were done early and Celtics playoffs tickets for Game 7 against Atlanta (2008) was going to start selling soon, we walked over and waited in line and ended up getting $10 tickets. Since the Celtics was crushing the Hawks, they made the announcement that they'd sell the tickets for the next round so we got tickets for the next series at $15 and we got to see Pierce battle Lebron James.

Great story!!!

Lucky guy!!!

TP

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2021, 10:59:04 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
lol at folks like Kanter. They are walking contradictions. You love America, you came here for the freedom that America embodies, yet LeBron James can’t be free to exercise his own views. You have to educate him. GO FIGURE.

No, Daryl Morey is not allowed to express HIS views according to spoiled brat, self-proclaimed “ Chosen One”, owned by China (read CCP), supposed supporter of human rights, Bron Bron.

Bron Bron shamed/excoriated Daryl Morey for supporting Hong Kong! The CCP snapped their chain, Nike and Bron Bron and the NBA jumped.

See the evil, self aggrandizing self benefiting hypocrisy of the self-proclaimed King. The “king”…..how despotically appropriate.

It’s good to be the king! Why would he even deign to meet with a plebeian sort such as Freedom.

Freedom for me and not for thee says The king!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F46132922%2Fmel-brooks-its-good-to-be-the-king&psig=AOvVaw2lHnJevw6-dUUNq6mBAE2B&ust=1638417590681000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCODu3qXbwfQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAV

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I’m not sure I understand what point you are trying to make here. He would like to have a conversation with Lebron because Lebron has spoken out against morey (who Lebron himself said was uneducated). Isn’t the whole point they have the freedom to have these discussions? Or do people not realize how this all started?

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2021, 11:42:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

No, Daryl Morey is not allowed to express HIS views according to spoiled brat, self-proclaimed “ Chosen One”, owned by China (read CCP), supposed supporter of human rights, Bron Bron.

Bron Bron shamed/excoriated Daryl Morey for supporting Hong Kong! The CCP snapped their chain, Nike and Bron Bron and the NBA jumped.

See the evil, self aggrandizing self benefiting hypocrisy of the self-proclaimed King. The “king”…..how despotically appropriate.

It’s good to be the king! Why would he even deign to meet with a plebeian sort such as Freedom.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F46132922%2Fmel-brooks-its-good-to-be-the-king&psig=AOvVaw2lHnJevw6-dUUNq6mBAE2B&ust=1638417590681000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCODu3qXbwfQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAV

Yeah I didn’t see your response but this is another way of saying what I said. Ogajus point doesn’t make sense to me. Lebron says morey needs to be educated and shouldn’t speak. Kanter says Lebron needs to be educated. Yet somehow only Lebron doing it is ok?

Edit: really hoping this isn’t a matter of thinking Lebron can have an opinion and kanter can’t cause kanter wasn’t born here
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:48:40 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2021, 11:52:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Yeah I didn’t see your response but this is another way of saying what I said. Ogajus point doesn’t make sense to me. Lebron says morey needs to be educated and shouldn’t speak. Kanter says Lebron needs to be educated. Yet somehow only Lebron doing it is ok?

Edit: really hoping this isn’t a matter of thinking Lebron can have an opinion and kanter can’t cause kanter wasn’t born here

lol..does Kanter have more of an opinion because he wasn’t born here? Bottom line is as long as you are not breaking any laws people should be allowed to say what ever they want. Kanter, LeBron, everyone. Do you get it now. No one should shut the other up.

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

lol..does Kanter have more of an opinion because he wasn’t born here? Bottom line is as long as you are not breaking any laws people should be allowed to say what ever they want. Kanter, LeBron, everyone. Do you get it now. No one should shut the other up.

So you are basically saying it was not ok for Lebron to tell morey to shut up and it was not ok for kanter to tell Lebron to shut up? I can at least understand that. Would probably be better if they all actually talked to each other though.

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2021, 12:13:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

So you are basically saying it was not ok for Lebron to tell morey to shut up and it was not ok for kanter to tell Lebron to shut up? I can at least understand that. Would probably be better if they all actually talked to each other though.

Yes because if you really practice freedom of speech you should not stifle legal non-violent speech.

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2021, 08:00:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Enes should really switch teams tonight for the Philadelphia Freedom uniform option.
Yup

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2021, 02:45:53 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Yes because if you really practice freedom of speech you should not stifle legal non-violent speech.

Yeah, it’s truly shocking how much folks try to censor other folks these days. A free country is all about free speech. That’s the bedrock of freedom in many ways. Obviously people cannot explicitly threaten others, or say something untrue to cause a panic (yelling fire in a packed theater), but not sure there should any other limits to free speech.

In terms of China, there’s Free China (Taiwan) and Communist China. Secretly most Chinese citizens want both countries to unite and be Free China. Not sure what else to say. Who really wants a communist party telling you what to say, do, and think? And even if someone was a powerful member of the party, why would they not instead want to see people be free?

Lots of contradictions at play. But here to talk about basketball and keep these thoughts to a minimum…
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 03:30:29 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2021, 03:03:58 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Well it is a pretty awesome country, and this forum is one example of why it is. 

Enes has the right to express his opinions freely, and others have a right to freely criticize them. 

Try that in China.

Enes is a little drunk right now on getting his US citizenship, after suffering years of threats against his life from the Turkish government. I'm sure he can survive a few barbs from woke culture, for having the audacity to be interviewed by Tucker Carlson. 

Welcome to the USA, Mr. Freedom!!

I agree with you other than the woke comment which is not only unnecessary but just another way to attempt to diminish the value of an opinion through stereotype. 

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2021, 03:29:33 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Enes should really switch teams tonight for the Philadelphia Freedom uniform option.

Freedom took away Embiid's freedom in the paint tonight.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2021, 08:03:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Freedom took away Embiid's freedom in the paint tonight.  :angel:

Philly likes Freedom and Al too ! :)