Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558504 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1260 on: January 16, 2022, 08:57:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
My biggest fear is that some team is actually going to help the Lakers and take Westbrook in a trade. It sounds ridiculous but I feel like nowadays especially even the bad players or those with ridiculous contracts are moved in creative deals, but it'd be nice if the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook for a while. They aren't going anywhere at all with him as the 2nd/3rd piece on the team regardless how good Lebron is

It’s tough to imagine any team being seriously interested in Westbrook at his salary.  He’d completely change how your team plays.  A good team isn’t going to want that upheaval, even if they think he has something left in the tank. And a bad team isn’t going to want that salary if they aren’t getting picks for it — and the Lakers don’t have those picks.

I agree, but that's just my fear. Someone could end up bailing them out this offseason or something.

Wall for Westbrook?

Maybe, but Wall isn’t going to help any more than Westbrook, and the Rockets are only doing that if the Lakers give them something anyway.

The salaries match perfectly. I bet the Rockets could do that swap for a second rounder. Westbrook has been really bad, time for a desperation move.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:03:52 PM by liam »

« Reply #1261 on: January 16, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
My biggest fear is that some team is actually going to help the Lakers and take Westbrook in a trade. It sounds ridiculous but I feel like nowadays especially even the bad players or those with ridiculous contracts are moved in creative deals, but it'd be nice if the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook for a while. They aren't going anywhere at all with him as the 2nd/3rd piece on the team regardless how good Lebron is

It’s tough to imagine any team being seriously interested in Westbrook at his salary.  He’d completely change how your team plays.  A good team isn’t going to want that upheaval, even if they think he has something left in the tank. And a bad team isn’t going to want that salary if they aren’t getting picks for it — and the Lakers don’t have those picks.

I agree, but that's just my fear. Someone could end up bailing them out this offseason or something.

Wall for Westbrook?

Maybe, but Wall isn’t going to help any more than Westbrook, and the Rockets are only doing that if the Lakers give them something anyway.

The salaries match perfectly. I bet the Rockets could do that swap for a second rounder. Westbrook has been really bad, time for a desperation move.

Westbrook has low-key been around the block. Back to the Rockets.

Would probably ask for a first if they're that desparate...do they even have any they can trade?

« Reply #1262 on: January 16, 2022, 10:48:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Wall for Westbrook?

Would probably ask for a first if they're that desparate...do they even have any they can trade?

The great thing about that is that John Wall is essentially Dennis Schroeder at this point in his career.

« Reply #1263 on: January 16, 2022, 10:54:24 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Wall for Westbrook?

The great thing about that is that John Wall is essentially Dennis Schroeder at this point in his career.

That's mind blowing. Wall was the future of the Wizards next to Beal just a couple years back.

« Reply #1264 on: January 17, 2022, 05:44:51 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I think we should roll the dice on Westbrook if we can't get a young star elsewhere.

I think his manic transition game could be a big boost to the Jays. Moving Smart and Horford (not necessarily in the same deal) would also reorient the team in a healthier direction. More speed. More dynamism. More transition basketball.

Bring in Dantoni to coach them.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #1265 on: January 17, 2022, 06:37:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think we should roll the dice on Westbrook if we can't get a young star elsewhere.

I think his manic transition game could be a big boost to the Jays. Moving Smart and Horford (not necessarily in the same deal) would also reorient the team in a healthier direction. More speed. More dynamism. More transition basketball.

The transition part is the attractive part.  But then you get the less shooting, less intelligence, more brain fart turnvovers, less self awareness, and the bad salary.  I don't think Westbrook would be much of an asset to teams hoping to win more than a round in the playoffs. 

« Reply #1266 on: January 17, 2022, 09:58:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Kinda not following the phrases "roll the dice on Westbrook" and "also reorient the team in a healthier direction".

Adding Westbrook won't create a healthier situation.

« Reply #1267 on: January 17, 2022, 10:10:47 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Kinda not following the phrases "roll the dice on Westbrook" and "also reorient the team in a healthier direction".

His set of skills and experience will add...unfortunately his attitude, character, and leadership will destroy. Isn't he the player who coined the phrase, "I couldn't care less if I win a ring in the NBA."

You need to be careful who you allow to influence the children. 

« Reply #1268 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

His set of skills and experience will add...unfortunately his attitude, character, and leadership will destroy. Isn't he the player who coined the phrase, "I couldn't care less if I win a ring in the NBA."

You need to be careful who you allow to influence the children.
Not sure if he coined it, Rosco, but he definitely lives by it. 😆

« Reply #1269 on: January 17, 2022, 05:30:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
BBBBAAAAAAAAAANNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1270 on: January 17, 2022, 08:21:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Middleton looks like Cornbread

« Reply #1271 on: January 17, 2022, 09:39:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
How did The Hawks come back and win that? I shut the game off because I thought it was over. WOW.

« Reply #1272 on: January 20, 2022, 12:38:59 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Vogul is probably fired if the lakers lose this game. Reports have been swirling and this would be a bad loss. Levert just dominating.

« Reply #1273 on: January 20, 2022, 12:52:18 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Man Lebron has to have the biggest difference in body language of any player in the league versus when he is winning and losing. I don’t see how they can’t blow this up yesterday. Even just Westbrook for wall and cut dj, bazemore etc.

« Reply #1274 on: January 20, 2022, 12:54:47 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Vogul is probably fired if the lakers lose this game. Reports have been swirling and this would be a bad loss. Levert just dominating.

Honestly, if Udoka was to be let go, Vogel would be my first choice.

He started his career at the Celtics, his level of preparation is immense and people forget how his Indiana team pushed Miami’s superstars to the brink.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine