Author Topic: STMs, when is your relocation window?  (Read 6096 times)

STMs, when is your relocation window?
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Just got the annual notice about seat relocation. The past couple of years, it hasn't meant much, since there are so few open seats, but I'm curious to see when people's window opens.

I'm Wednesday at 10 am. I think that this is my 7th year as a STM.

Mike

Re: STMs, when is your relocation window?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:56:21 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Thursday 10 AM
4th year

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:58:59 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Just got the annual notice about seat relocation. The past couple of years, it hasn't meant much, since there are so few open seats, but I'm curious to see when people's window opens.

Mike

How was the relocation selection this year?

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Sadly, about what you'd expect. Nothing available in the upper bowl and everything in the lower bowl was toward the back, in the middle of a row and expensive.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18

Mike

Sadly, about what you'd expect. Nothing available in the upper bowl and everything in the lower bowl was toward the back, in the middle of a row and expensive.

Mike

When I logged in yesterday there was a pair in section 1 row 14 on the aisle but I just couldn't pull the trigger on $220/ ticket.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Mike

When I logged in yesterday there was a pair in section 1 row 14 on the aisle but I just couldn't pull the trigger on $220/ ticket.

Wow, that's actually a pretty good deal. Center court, on the aisle. I'm guessing that you could probably resell those relatively easily.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Mike

Mike

Wow, that's actually a pretty good deal. Center court, on the aisle. I'm guessing that you could probably resell those relatively easily.

Mike

Just wondering.... would you sell the top games at top $ and go to the average/clunker games? Or try to go to all of em? I'm not sure I would want to hold two $220 tickets against the Nets or Suns.

The challenge to me for season tickets is that it is tough to get to more than 10 games. Have people found it to be an easy process to sell 30+ tkts per year?

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Mike

Mike

Mike

Just wondering.... would you sell the top games at top $ and go to the average/clunker games? Or try to go to all of em? I'm not sure I would want to hold two $220 tickets against the Nets or Suns.

The challenge to me for season tickets is that it is tough to get to more than 10 games. Have people found it to be an easy process to sell 30+ tkts per year?

We sat at the back of Loge 7 last year and reselling wasn’t good. Lucky to make back half against most teams. This year we were row L, directly behind Wyc by about 10 seats, but they weren’t super expensive and the resale market was great, especially selling a bunch of later tickets early in the year. We consistently got 40-50% markup vs the worst teams in the league.

So maybe the tickets are just more desirable now, but it seems like the better your seats, the better your margins will be on the resale market.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 08:37:48 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Thursday 10 AM
4th year

Also tomorrow, it will be our 3rd year. We’re looking to move back a bit and get out of behind the backboard, and just at a bit of an angle. We’re on the floor and my pretty short girlfriend has been a hell of a trooper about her view getting blocked most of the time. Doesn’t sound promising I guess.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18

Mike

Mike

Mike

Yeah I kind of regret not snatching those up but it's not such an easy decision in the moment.  That's a pretty big monthly payment, especially in the off-season when I'm not getting anything back.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 09:15:52 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Thursday 10 AM
4th year

Also tomorrow, it will be our 3rd year. We’re looking to move back a bit and get out of behind the backboard, and just at a bit of an angle. We’re on the floor and my pretty short girlfriend has been a hell of a trooper about her view getting blocked most of the time. Doesn’t sound promising I guess.

I hear ya, my first set of tickets back in 2006 were row K behind the backboard, thought being close would be cool but realized right away those seats are not great, way too many obstructions.
I took a few years off because the team stunk and when i bought back in got sec 15 towards the back but on the aisle closest to center court, really a perfect view to me.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Mike

Mike

We sat at the back of Loge 7 last year and reselling wasn’t good. Lucky to make back half against most teams. This year we were row L, directly behind Wyc by about 10 seats, but they weren’t super expensive and the resale market was great, especially selling a bunch of later tickets early in the year. We consistently got 40-50% markup vs the worst teams in the league.

So maybe the tickets are just more desirable now, but it seems like the better your seats, the better your margins will be on the resale market.

What I've found is that, when the Cs are bad, good seats are a liability. 6-7 years ago, my friends who sat in the upper bowl consistently got face value, while I (section 9) got 50-70% back on most games.

As the team has gotten better, though, the premium for good seats has returned. We're in Section 9, Row 1, and seats sold at a 50-100% premium. I was only able to get to six games this year (which may be a record low), but I sold some tickets at face to CBers and a guy who has bought them from me consistently throughout the years and still ended up with a profit for the season. They'll eventually suck again, so I'll pay the price for it again when the cycle turns down.

I can't vouch for how others do it, but I'm agnostic as to who I see play. I like the weekend games, so I can take my son with me, and occasionally do midweek games with friends, but if somebody wants to pay up to see LeBron, more power to them.

I'm hoping that the schedule works out more favorably for me next year so that I can get to more games.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
garbage available (IMO) for us second tier upgraders. Glad I really like my seats, but kind of bummed this is 2 years in a row now with terrible upgrade options.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
garbage available (IMO) for us second tier upgraders. Glad I really like my seats, but kind of bummed this is 2 years in a row now with terrible upgrade options.

Sadly, the good stuff only opens up after a couple of years of big underperformance.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Sadly, the good stuff only opens up after a couple of years of big underperformance.

Mike

Do lower prices open up as well? I wonder if they will drop my ticket prices by 15% each year then stink.