Poll

Would you make this trade

Yes. Give me the Old Man
13 (43.3%)
No. Give me Gordon
17 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade Hayward for LeBron  (Read 1989 times)

Re: Poll: Would you trade Hayward for LeBron
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I would trade Hayward for some cotton candy just to get rid of his contract.

And throw Brad in for a second rounder and some skittles

Lol, threw a Tommy Point your way.

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
LeBron James may be a top 20 player, but he's entitled, ruins teams chemistry, only cares about his own personal gains and accolades, and doesn't buy into any team's defensive identity/schemes.

His defense has not only fallen off a cliff, and he just ball watches on defense. But you see how he has completely torn apart their team, it's demoralizing to know your value isn't that pertinent, and that you're eventually just going to be trade fodder for someone better.

It's also pretty telling that LeBron had a huge impact on what the roster shakeup was meant to be. He tried to do multiple play making, and defensive oriented players on short term deals to match contracts for All-Star players. But really other than AD, who really wants to go play with LeBron? Dray?

I would trade Hayward for some cotton candy just to get rid of his contract.

And throw Brad in for a second rounder and some skittles

/s

I hope.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
In a vacuum sure, but I still would be concerned about how it would look to trade Hayward.  I think it would be very hard for Ainge to lure top free agents if he did that.

I don't think it would affect free agents decision either way if Danny traded Hayward. They would probably care less (in my opinion.)  Especially if Lebron was the player acquired in the trade.

However, give me a center like Cousins, Deandre Jordan or Vucevic BEFORE Lebron.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If everyone is on the same page, sure. Kyrie and and Brad would have to want it. Lebron would have to know that he's playing fewer minutes and the offense isn't going to run through him the way it has previously. He's also going to have to defend 4's almost exclusively.

If everyone buys in, it's a no brainer.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
In a vacuum sure, but I still would be concerned about how it would look to trade Hayward.  I think it would be very hard for Ainge to lure top free agents if he did that.

I don't think it would affect free agents decision either way if Danny traded Hayward. They would probably care less (in my opinion.)  Especially if Lebron was the player acquired in the trade.

However, give me a center like Cousins, Deandre Jordan or Vucevic BEFORE Lebron.
You are already seeing grumblings about Trader Danny and his lack of loyalty.  Imagine what happens if he trades one of his only 2 major free agents 2 years into the contract signing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 10:53:40 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
If everyone is on the same page, sure. Kyrie and and Brad would have to want it. Lebron would have to know that he's playing fewer minutes and the offense isn't going to run through him the way it has previously. He's also going to have to defend 4's almost exclusively.

This is a fun exercise, but it won't happen. There's a far better chance of Kyrie joining Lebron in LA and there is of him coming to Boston and to be honest, I wouldn't want him. He's not the same player and he's a cancer.

If it was before all the Anthony Davis drama, I would've said yes. But now, he's ruined that Lakers team and also you can tell he's not the same player since his groin injury.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

This is a fun exercise, but it won't happen. There's a far better chance of Kyrie joining Lebron in LA and there is of him coming to Boston and to be honest, I wouldn't want him. He's not the same player and he's a cancer.

If it was before all the Anthony Davis drama, I would've said yes. But now, he's ruined that Lakers team and also you can tell he's not the same player since his groin injury.

I agree it's not going to happen and not something I even would've thought about if not for this thread.

I disagree that James is a cancer. 8 straight finals appearances as the best player on his team. The proof is in the pudding, and that's an awful lot of success for a cancer.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I think if this trade were really possible you do it. You can't really tell how a player is going to gel with his teammates until they are there of course but anyone who has been to the Finals as much as Lebron must know how to win.

A lot of bad things were said about Chamberlain and Rodman for that matter but most of it wasnt from his teammates. I will take all three of these players on my team any day.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
first off

i can't see Danny andvLebron ever liking one another enough for anything like this to occur

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
 I'd rather beat Lebron or lose trying, than join him in winning a title.

Lebron is an ………..

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Voted no because I'm looking forward to seeing GH back to normal soon.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Voted no because I'm looking forward to seeing GH back to normal soon.
...at which point he might be a better and younger player.  He's also a better fit, even now.  LeBron teams are built around LeBron, always been that way.

There is a remarkable polarization of opinions, so I guess that means it's a good topic.   ::)

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
From a pure basketball standpoint?  Absolutely. It's a no brainer.

From a personal standpoint?  No, thanks.  Always wanted to go through him (although those days seem to be dwindling), not have him join up.

Its irrational but so is sports fandom sometimes.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
28-year-old all-star regaining his form vs. declining all-time-great 34-year-old?

I think Hayward will be the better two-way player in two years, so I’ll stick with him.
CELTICS 2024