Author Topic: The Bash Danny Ainge thread  (Read 19921 times)

The Bash Danny Ainge thread
« on: June 15, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Well it's official. He failed. Defend him if you please. This was the last domino. I listened to Larbrd plead with me that this has always been about Davis.

I agreed I'll wait until the end and the end times is here. Fire Danny. Hire Masai at all costs. GM more important than Stevens that's for sure.

No Paul George, Butler, Davis, Cousins, Kawhi. Fire Danny!

Re: The Bash Danny Ainge thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:06:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't agree with "fire Danny."

I'm theoretically cool with a youth movement.

That said, Danny Ainge supposedly planned for years to trade for AD.  Now he lost his nerve at the last minute.

Does Danny have a way to build another contender before he retires?  I don't think so.

The next MVP caliber player to play for the Celtics hasn't been drafted yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I like it.

Keep our young core and get rid of Kyrie. Five first round picks over the next two years.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
because AD said he wouldnt stay? No you cant put that on Danny.

Everyone knew Danny wanted AD. AD knew, but he did not even want to come. He even leaked or made it known that he resented the way Celtics treated IT. He did everything to dissuade the Cs from trading for him. That is not Danny's fault. There is a lot of things you can blame Danny for, this is not one of them.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
What did he fail at?

The boo hoos are so silly. Are people this upset over AD NOT WANTING to come play in Boston?

He didn't want to be here and I didnt want to sit through a season of listening him pouting because he wants to be in LA.
ok fine

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
What did he fail at?

The boo hoos are so silly. Are people this upset over AD NOT WANTING to come play in Boston?

He didn't want to be here and I didnt want to sit through a season of listening him pouting because he wants to be in LA.

Bingo. We have a good team and five first round picks.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 07:12:31 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Didnt trade Terry and was smart not to. Thinks Tatum is future super star..love the vote of confidence...did not bend over and give away our future in hopes Davis would grow to love Boston as that was never going to happen after Kyrie’s experience here.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:13:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
What did he fail at?

We have some nice young players and plenty of ways to build a fun, solid, sustainable team.

Do we have a realistic or obvious path to contention?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
What did he fail at?

We have some nice young players and plenty of ways to build a fun, solid, sustainable team.

Yes.

Let Horford and Hayward leave, and then sign a max player who can bring us a championship.

It's not rocket science.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Danny made the lakers overpay for Davis . He didn’t fail. Compare the package that the pelicans got to what the spurs got for kawhi.
And kawhi actually wins in basketball and the playoffs unlike Davis .

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Bash Ainge because players today only care about their “brand” and only want to play in LA? Bash Ainge for Kyrie being a quitter and a complete Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. who derailed the 2018 season? 

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Should have a "Bash Anthony Davis" thread instead, because the only reason he isn't in green is because he didn't want to be here. And no this isn't the same situation as the KG trade.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
What did he fail at?

Yes.

Let Horford and Hayward leave, and then sign a max player who can bring us a championship.

It's not rocket science.

Who?

This becomes a lot harder if you actually look at the max guys set to become available in the next few years.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 07:22:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
What did he fail at?

Yes.

It's not rocket science.

Who?

This becomes a lot harder if you actually look at the max guys set to become available in the next few years.

Nobody knows who will be available. Things change over time.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
What did he fail at?

Yes.

It's not rocket science.

Who?

Nobody knows who will be available. Things change over time.
Davis will be a free agent next year. He may not be up for the challenge of playing with Lebron and decides to leave ..