Author Topic: Bigs  (Read 909 times)

Bigs
« on: July 21, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I bring this topic up because it is my most understood position.
With small ball perimeter shooting and centers that can hit threes and protect the rim are difficult to find.
Al Horford has got to be considered one of the best after shooting 42% from three with his ball handling, passing and his defensive quarterbacking-he i get.

Theis looks a tweener but has that elite wingspan and defensive DNA and versatility due to his lateral quickness.I think he may also be one of those that is stronger than he looks
He shoots the three well enough to draw attention.-it works sometimes.

Did the Celts ever entertain Nerlens Noel or trying to trade for WCS.

We now have Robert Williams that has some serious tools I think enough time has been spent on his early screw ups.There are two years of tape-So how promising is Williams and what sort of timeline?
With the elite athletic skills and his 7-6 length can't he impact defense much quicker and be used in short durations.
Many here have played ball as guards or wings but to get a feel for NBA bigs has got to be a huge leap.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:36:57 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Bigs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't see RW3 contributing much this year.  Overall, I think the C's are a bit light in the bigs dept -- Horford, Theis, Baynes...need one more big man off the bench to give fouls, play defense, rebound.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't see RW3 contributing much this year.  Overall, I think the C's are a bit light in the bigs dept -- Horford, Theis, Baynes...need one more big man off the bench to give fouls, play defense, rebound.
Agree with this.

Maybe Yab gets some time at Center as a wide body. But the team could use another decent big man.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 08:44:56 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
You’re missing out on one very important big, Aron Baynes.   Without him Horford may have to play too much center, and get worn down. 

He’s very important against the bigger bigs lol such as Embiid, and maybe even someone like Valenciunas and Howard, 3 of our biggest competitors in the east.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:18:41 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
You’re missing out on one very important big, Aron Baynes.   Without him Horford may have to play too much center, and get worn down. 

He’s very important against the bigger bigs lol such as Embiid, and maybe even someone like Valenciunas and Howard, 3 of our biggest competitors in the east.
Yep.  That's why Ainge got Baynes signed quickly. 

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What CBS team has been short on quality bigs?   All of them.   I think we can manage we have smart who can guard PF's in a pinch.   Ditto for Semi.   

Tatum is going to be  lot stronger next year and that will add to his defensive versatility.

I don't know abour RW either, but he has the talent to contribute in terms of size and athletic ability.  Skill wise, he needs some work.   I think they will fix his legs this summer and work on his skills.   This guy had lottery level talent but seems like he is not mature.   The press hates Boston so they have magnified this even more.   I think we will see him at some point in the season.