Author Topic: Cavs vs LAL  (Read 16752 times)

Re: Cavs vs LAL
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think "Lakers win, but Kobe and LeBron both get banged up" is a pretty good outcome for this one.  We're 1 back in the loss column to all 3 teams, with a chance to catch Orlando this week.

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 12:51:25 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
We need to learn to keep Kobe and Lebron into jump shooters. Cleveland is shorthanded tonight without Delonte West and is playing well.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 12:52:57 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I think "Lakers win, but Kobe and LeBron both get banged up" is a pretty good outcome for this one.  We're 1 back in the loss column to all 3 teams, with a chance to catch Orlando this week.

Oops, spoke too soon.  Maybe they'll go triple overtime and wear each other out.

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 12:53:43 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Lakers have lost their momentum. Where have we seen this before?
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 12:54:04 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
In a 7 games series played now, with both teams fully healthy, the Cavs would destroy the Lakers. It'd be ugly to see, I think.

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
In a 7 games series played now, with both teams fully healthy, the Cavs would destroy the Lakers. It'd be ugly to see, I think.

I agree - too bad we'll never know  ;D

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 12:58:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The Lakers shouldn't have taken Bynum out of the game.

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
The Lakers will gain a lot of false confidence by winning this game and the Celts will move up in the standings thanks to the Cavs' loss. 

It's a win-win.

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 01:05:39 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Very true.

Well, game just finished:
105-88, Lakers.

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lakers win and shockingly no streamers from the rafters ::). I'm so over the Lakers/Cavs hype now. Bring on Celtics and Spurs in the finals.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Lakers win and shockingly no streamers from the rafters ::). I'm so over the Lakers/Cavs hype now. Bring on Celtics and Spurs in the finals.

Because the Celtics have 3 guys over 6'10" that can bother the Cavs?  Because the Cavs would play their playoff series without Z and Delonte West?  Because the Cavs/Boston seeason series is split?  This was one of the most well thought out responses I have ever read on this board.  Way to call the season before it is even half way over. 

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Because the Celtics have 3 guys over 6'10" that can bother the Cavs?  Because the Cavs would play their playoff series without Z and Delonte West?  Because the Cavs/Boston seeason series is split?  This was one of the most well thought out responses I have ever read on this board.  Way to call the season before it is even half way over. 

I hope you are at full strengh soon.
We want you ALL healthy when we
beat you, Mac  ;)

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think that was the best I've seen the lakers defense all season, they really did a number on LeBron, but I also noticed LeBron was just not playing his game, he was forcing way too many bad shots, and was just pushing way to hard rather than letting the game come to him , it was just an all around very uncharacterisic performance from LeBron, and the cavs looked like the cavs of 3-4 years ago..Hopefully starting there road trip with a loss in LA will do to them what it did to us, The cavs really arent that good on the road at all
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I think that was the best I've seen the lakers defense all season, they really did a number on LeBron, but I also noticed LeBron was just not playing his game, he was forcing way too many bad shots, and was just pushing way to hard rather than letting the game come to him , it was just an all around very uncharacterisic performance from LeBron, and the cavs looked like the cavs of 3-4 years ago..Hopefully starting there road trip with a loss in LA will do to them what it did to us, The cavs really arent that good on the road at all

Do not underestimate the fact that they
are missing both Big Z AND Delonte.

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

I don't appreciate the sarcasm and your rudeness in saying my post was not thought out. FYI the Celtics season is halfway over and where was I calling the season? I was only naming the teams that I'd like to see in the finals.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.