Author Topic: Darius running the final miles: 10th game is tonight  (Read 9915 times)

Re: Darius running the final miles: 10th game is tonight
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Listening to sports radio here in Memphis last night was amusing. On one of the programs they were talking about threats the team has received from Portland fans if they play Miles tonight. One Portland fan actually threatened to go in the woods and fight a Grizzly bear (with his hands no less) to the death. He went on to say that the death of the bear, or himself, would be on Memphis' head. I was crying from laughing so hard at the thought of this idiot going into the woods to fight a Grizzly bear. The absurdity of it makes me think it had to be a joke, but apparently it was an actual threat sent to the Griz management.

I can relate to that. People in the water around me get annoyed by all the "splashing around" when I swim... but I kick the crap out of that lake every time I doggy paddle.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I think as a nice joke the Grizzlies should have Miles go to the scorers table every few minutes, only to be called back after each dead ball.  Make the Blazers brass sweat it out.  Then finally crush there dreams.

LOL.  TP for that!

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
In March 2008, the Portland Trail Blazers petitioned the NBA and the NBA Players Association to provide an independent doctor to decide if Miles would be able to play again.[5] Following the examination, it was determined that the damage to Miles' knee was severe enough to be classified as career-ending, prompting the Blazers to request waivers for his release on April 14, 2008.

Quick, Jason (2008-03-18 ). "Miles' future with Blazers up in air". OregonLive.com. Retrieved on 2008-04-05.

how does that prove nothing shady went on?

false insurance claims are ruled on by independant doctos too. not all doctors are paragons of virtue who are imunne to a "commision" once on site.

regardless, the blazers have been scum bags in regards to this incident, from trying to claim him to bench him and then when that didn't work making baseless threats to try to ruin his future NBA career, so ya know what;

Chickens come home to roost portland, captain mal approves of your new salary cap issues.

TP.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
In March 2008, the Portland Trail Blazers petitioned the NBA and the NBA Players Association to provide an independent doctor to decide if Miles would be able to play again.[5] Following the examination, it was determined that the damage to Miles' knee was severe enough to be classified as career-ending, prompting the Blazers to request waivers for his release on April 14, 2008.

Quick, Jason (2008-03-18 ). "Miles' future with Blazers up in air". OregonLive.com. Retrieved on 2008-04-05.

false insurance claims are ruled on by independant doctos too. not all doctors are paragons of virtue who are imunne to a "commision" once on site.

regardless, the blazers have been scum bags in regards to this incident, from trying to claim him to bench him and then when that didn't work making baseless threats to try to ruin his future NBA career, so ya know what;

Chickens come home to roost portland, captain mal approves of your new salary cap issues.

TP.

haha right back at ya.

the hero of canton, the man they call....JAAAAYYYNNNNEEEEE

on of my all time favroite shows. Thanks alot fox, glad you cancled them for bill belemy's fast lane. idiots.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

TP.

haha right back at ya.

on of my all time favroite shows. Thanks alot fox, glad you cancled them for bill belemy's fast lane. idiots.

Im still hoping for 1 more movie. I don't care if it's straight to DVD or a Sci-FI original. As long as Joss Whedon is involved, I'm there.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Go Darius Miles! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
its official  ;D

he shot a nice jumper and a nice dunk.. but the quickness is still not there. okay portland youre now screwed  :D

i still cant see why he was labeled as a bad guy.. or maybe he has changed?

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
10 points and 7 rebounds for Miles to prove in his tenth game that he still actually can play.

Nice story. I still don't think he's a good long term solution for any team but good to hear such a compelling comeback story.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Good to see, its a great story.

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
woohoo! Congrats D. Miles. He Still has a lot of years left only  27YO.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Good. Great comeback, and sticking it to Portland's snotty scumbag management only makes it sweeter.

I hate their players too. They're trying to create a rivalry with the Celtics, and its just not there. I hear them talk trash about the Celtics and trying to play us all physical, and I'm just like, what are you doing? What are you thinking? We see you twice a year, and you aren't an elite team.... stop trying to make such a big deal about the games we play against you.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 11:35:38 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423

TP.

haha right back at ya.

Im still hoping for 1 more movie. I don't care if it's straight to DVD or a Sci-FI original. As long as Joss Whedon is involved, I'm there.

Chris Wallace approves too.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
According to the recap of the game, Miles only signed a 10-day contract which I didn't realize.  Perhaps there's some hope for him to come back to this team after all.

However, if he's getting the praise of the coaches, especially for his defense, I'm expecting the Grizzlies to lock him up at least for the rest of the year.  So now they'll have 2 players incredibly alike in D-Miles and Hakim Warrick.  They only need one right? *hint hint*

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 02:06:15 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
He finally made it:

He finished with 10 points and seven rebounds in 14 minutes vs Utah :)

"An important chapter of the Darius Miles comeback chronicles is officially closed. And dollar signs are written all over it.

Miles entered the Grizzlies' loss against the Utah Jazz at the start of the second period Friday night, marking his 10th NBA appearance this season. That means the $18 million Miles is owed for this season and next will be applied to the Portland Trail Blazers' salary cap."

http://commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jan/16/miles-plays-in-18m-game/?partner=RSS

I suppose he will receive another 10 day contract from Memphis on monday, because he is in their rotation now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:06:05 AM by greenwise »

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 03:11:51 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
Listening to sports radio here in Memphis last night was amusing. On one of the programs they were talking about threats the team has received from Portland fans if they play Miles tonight. One Portland fan actually threatened to go in the woods and fight a Grizzly bear (with his hands no less) to the death. He went on to say that the death of the bear, or himself, would be on Memphis' head. I was crying from laughing so hard at the thought of this idiot going into the woods to fight a Grizzly bear. The absurdity of it makes me think it had to be a joke, but apparently it was an actual threat sent to the Griz management.

what station was this? I'm hoping that (like weei) they have a lot of there content available to hear later online cause I want to hear that