Author Topic: Delonte West Breaks his wrist  (Read 10730 times)

Delonte West Breaks his wrist
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:54:40 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I was watching the Cavs/Bulls game on TNT, and  Delonte West has fractured the wrist of his non shooting hand. I wonder how long he will be out, and if it will affect the Cavs play...they have a pretty tough schedule coming up

Meanwhile Lebron is really having an off night tonight, the Bulls have forced overtime against him.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Re: Delonte West Breaks his wrist
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
and blew him out in it, TP bulls :D

sucks about delonte though, i like him alot and you hate to see that happen to him as he's coming into his own :(
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
That was a really nasty fall he took.  Hope he's OK soon.

Glad the Cavs lost though.  If only the Hornets could take them out at Cleveland tomorrow...they do have James Posey!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Too bad, but he was going to get injured at some point. He always does.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
This is a bigger injury for the Cavs than Z.  Cavs were missing 3 starters tonight (Z, Ben and Delonte) and it showed as the game wound down.  Sasha is a nice role player, but his weaknesses really shine through when he has to play extended minutes.  I am not near as confident about the Cavs next few games without Delonte.  He is their best perimeter defender and was one of the best 3 point shooters.  Luckily it is his non shooting hand and it is rumored to be a diplaced fracture.  If that is true, he could possibly play tomorrow (although highly unlikely).  I am hoping he is out 1 week, tops.  The Cavs need him.

Look for an expedited trade of Wally if Delonte is going to miss signifcant time

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The Cavs are definitely entering (or are already in) a crucial part of their season.  They seem to be hitting a bit of a wall (much like the Celtics did, and every team does at some point).  The injuries are part of it, but they are also starting to see a tougher schedule than they faced for much of the beginning of the year, and tonight, it looked like Lebron was starting to show a little fatigue.

They are going to have a real test to stay fresh, while still fighting for home court through the rest of the season.  The Celtics have already played 4 more games, and have an easier schedule down the stretch.  These injuries are certainly not going to help anything.

This is why I think they still should be trying to make a trade before the deadline.  Yes, they have been playing great, but they also have been relying on some players who have been very fragile throughout their career (Z, West, Williams, Wallace have all had lots of trouble with injuries).  If they pass up the opportunity to upgrade their roster, I think it will be a mistake.  Chemistry can only go so far, if your players start going down. 

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I agree Chris.  Lebron missed something like 15 shots in a row tonight.  Almost looked like he expected to have an easier night, that all changed when Delonte went down in the 3rd quarter, and Lebron looked unprepared to play 40 minutes.  Delonte was the Cavs 3rd leading scorer tonight with 11 points....in 10 minutes.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Huge loss for them. Delonte was playing well for them this year. Nice of the Bulls to help us out.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:37:26 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
The Cavs are definitely entering (or are already in) a crucial part of their season.  They seem to be hitting a bit of a wall (much like the Celtics did, and every team does at some point).  The injuries are part of it, but they are also starting to see a tougher schedule than they faced for much of the beginning of the year, and tonight, it looked like Lebron was starting to show a little fatigue.

They are going to have a real test to stay fresh, while still fighting for home court through the rest of the season.  The Celtics have already played 4 more games, and have an easier schedule down the stretch.  These injuries are certainly not going to help anything.

This is why I think they still should be trying to make a trade before the deadline.  Yes, they have been playing great, but they also have been relying on some players who have been very fragile throughout their career (Z, West, Williams, Wallace have all had lots of trouble with injuries).  If they pass up the opportunity to upgrade their roster, I think it will be a mistake.  Chemistry can only go so far, if your players start going down. 
I've been watching the Lakers and the Cavs last few weeks. Kobe logged 2 back to back games with 42+ minutes this week. They're about to hit a major skid very soon, with Kobe and Fisher logging nearly 41+ mins a game the last two weeks. Cleveland will lose power soon, but the loss of Delonte I think won't hurt them THAT much. Cleveland to me is all Lebron IMO and if they lost him they'd be ready to roll over and die when that happens.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
I was watching the game also,but i don't think its a broken wrist, looks more like a sprained wrist.He was back on the bench 15minutes after the fall with  a regular  wrap around it. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:16:16 PM by housecall »

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Deng played some great D on Lebron with some help from T.Thomas off/on.T.Thomas  rejected a few of Lebron shots when he drove  to the basket.The Bulls were looking like our Celtics defense we used on him in the playoffs for awhile tonight.They closed the paint down on Lebron,rotated well on him not allowing him to break them down in the paint tonight.If you bring help on him consistently he starts trying to beat you from the perimeter,and tonight he couldn't hit his jumper  as consistent as he has been lately.It looked like last season when he wasn't as effective from the perimeter.He also shot poorly from the freethrow line.   

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »

Offline PJ Martinez

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I was watching the game also,but i don't think its a broken wrist, looks more like a sprained wrist.He was back on the bench 15minutes after the fall with a ace bandage type wrap around it. 
"Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West left Thursday's 102-93 defeat to the Bulls with a fractured right wrist after a nasty collision with Chicago's Derrick Rose."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3836866

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So, with these injuries, which team has a better bench now? 

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:41 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
So, with these injuries, which team has a better bench now? 
They are not that deep with talent i noticed tonight,a few rookies with little experience.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
its on nba.com video first half highlights of the cavs vs bulls game.
pretty big fall, delonte needed stitches too for his head i think... he had a good cut. pretty much landed on his wrist and his face...