Author Topic: He's Back! (Tiger Woods)  (Read 7166 times)

Re: He's Back! (Tiger Woods)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Tiger going nuts...  Basically a perfect opening two holes... 2 up thru 2, 3 under par.

Wow.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Unfortunately I don't get the Golf Channel at school but I'm following it online and with Sportscenter, so much for him having some rust.  This one's gonna be over fast.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Wow, game over.  All #1 seeds eliminated within 2 rounds.

I would make a joke about "time to schedule those tee times".... but, well, doesn't really apply in this case...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:58 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The PGA Tour needs to be praying that Phil makes it to the Finals to try to salvage what little ratings they can get.  Too bad they don't rig their tournaments like the NBA does.

It does suck that Tiger is out, I was really looking forward to him making a run.  In the long run it might be a perfect scenario for him.  He got the rust off, the nerves were tested, the knee was tested, he knows that he is back and has the juices flowing.  At the same time he played three rounds total this week, there won't be any long time effects on his knee for that. 

Expect to see him at Doral, and expect him to win there for the seventh time.

"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."