Author Topic: Ric Bucher : "It's not Mia" (LBJ update)  (Read 8133 times)

Re: Ric Bucher : "It's not Mia" (LBJ update)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i dont think it matters how long he stays in cleveland. i think he is wasting time thinking he can win a title there. i just don't see it with the team they have now. and it would take major moves to get there for the cavs.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
I watched as Ric Bucher opened the sixth seal.

There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Then the GMs of the earth, the owners, the fans, the capologists, and every blogger and every established media representative hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of LeBron! 

For the great day of wrath has come, and who can stand?"

LOL TP.

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i like the way ray allen and pierce handled their resigning....just quiet and professional.

TP.

Or, as Bill Simmons says about Durant:

(When Kevin Durant announced his own five-year, $86 million extension with an endearingly simple tweet yesterday, we all had the same thought: "Now that's how it's done." Pretty sad that an NBA star stood out for being humble and only caring about basketball.)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
i like the way ray allen and pierce handled their resigning....just quiet and professional.
add in (young) kevin durants extension
class
I won't be surprised if Lebron goes to nyc to get $$ , endorsements and to be the biggest thing in town.  or cleveland

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
alright, so i'm as sick of this as you guys are, but ii'm reporting it anyway.

From Ric Bucher's Twitter:

FWIW: disparate opinions among gms, agents, league HQ officials today about where LeBron is going, but consensus on 1 thing: it's not Mia.

Reason for skepticism: LBJ wd be 3rd-highest paid, it's Wade's town, brand unquestionably tarnished, still at least a yr away from title.

In other words: no decision would inspire more head-scratching than the Heat. And Riley goes to straight into hypnotists Hall of Fame.

My opinion? He'll end up back in cleveland. If i were to rank the chances. I'd go 1.Cleveland 2.Chicago 3.New York 4.Miami and the nets in a distant fifth.

It's hard to care, but with a decent coach he "could have" (lol) won a title this year...

I hope for his sake he stays

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
We'll find out in 3 hours anyways. LeBron's people are straight up lieing to ppl so no one honestly knows what is happening and will have to tune in to find out. It's all a bunch of trash, but lol I will tune in - not gonna lie.

yeah, in two hours time, there'll be a bunch of folks who look like chumps

if it is not Miami, Steven Smith and Ric Bucher Broussard will be big chumps
if it is not the Knicks, Ochocinco, Jared Dudley will be chumps
if it is not Cleveland, well the whole city will be chumps

I pretty much agree with the OP's ranking.  Here's my take:

1. Cleveland, 2. New York, 3. Chicago, 4. New Jersey (closer than you might think) and 5. Miami
I guess the Clippers would be #6 (which would please me to no end).

If New Jersey had been able to sign a big man, like NY or Chicago, then I'd move them into 2nd.  Since they haven't, I think they're out...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:59:51 PM by Cman »
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
We'll find out in 3 hours anyways. LeBron's people are straight up lieing to ppl so no one honestly knows what is happening and will have to tune in to find out. It's all a bunch of trash, but lol I will tune in - not gonna lie.

if it is not Miami, Steven Smith and Ric Bucher Chris Broussard will be big chumps

I pretty much agree with the OP's ranking.  Here's my take:

1. Cleveland, 2. New York, 3. Chicago, 4. New Jersey (closer than you might think) and 5. Miami

If New Jersey had been able to sign a big man, like NY or Chicago, then I'd move them into 2nd.  Since they haven't, I think they're out...

Ric seems to think MIA's not happening. Broussard the one pushing this like the hot new designer drug.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

if it is not Miami, Steven Smith and Ric Bucher Chris Broussard will be big chumps

If New Jersey had been able to sign a big man, like NY or Chicago, then I'd move them into 2nd.  Since they haven't, I think they're out...

Ric seems to think MIA's not happening. Broussard the one pushing this like the hot new designer drug.

Whoops, my mistype.
I corrected it. 
In any case, so sick of these guys saying they have a source telling them its city X. They all know they're being played but don't care because it gives them airtime.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
This is worse than the two weeks leading up to the superbowl.

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

I trust Broussard. He doesn't leave out the idea that Lebron may go somewhere else, but Ric just quotes what ifs such as Lebron not wanting to be a 2nd banana. Whether anyone likes it or not, there's no proof of that. Also, when someone uses that same similar logic to say Lebron's ego is so huge that he would put all of this up just to say he was staying in Cleveland all along, it gets more laughable from there.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:40:00 PM by Tai »

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Can't we just have whoever's currently under contract with the Knicks, Bulls, Heat, and Cavs play each other in a double-elimination minitourney, with the final two teams standing playing a 7 game series, with the winner obviously getting Lebron?  Come on, that would be fascinating TV.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Are the Nets with Harris, Lopez and Favours enough. Better supporting cast than Cleveland, still gets to be the man, move to NY in a couple of years.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
If he wants to be known as the Greatest BBaller he should considered staying in CLE for 3 years and at least win one for them. And when he's done that, then that the time he should bolt out from there.