Author Topic: Did Kyrie call in to a local radio show disguised as a fan to defend himself?  (Read 3637 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://www.12up.com/posts/video-it-really-sounds-like-kyrie-irving-called-into-a-boston-radio-show-to-defend-himself-01ddvj1c6mak/partners/36273

It would be irresponsible on our part if we didn't come right out and say that it is NOT confirmed that the voice in the clip below is actually Kyrie Irving...but it sure sounds like him! An anonymous mystery man -- "Mikey from Waltham, Mass.," to be exact -- called into "Zolak and Bertrand," a popular Boston sports talk radio show to rip the Celtics' allegedly unappreciative fan base. He insisted that they deserve to be in the free agent limbo they're currently dealing with. Have a listen.

The hosts of the show actually had to go back and listen to the episode, because they didn't pick up on the uncanny voice resemblance at first when "Mikey" called in.

We were a bit skeptical at first -- and definitely still are -- but when Zolak and Bertrand played the clip repeatedly alongside a soundbite of Kyrie speaking to reporters from earlier in the season, it became [dang] near impossible to pinpoint a difference in the two voices.

Even some Celtics fans are convinced.

I'm not convinced, but it does sound like his voice lol Listen to the video.

And that certainly seems consistent with Kyrie's character and personality to do something like that, especially after all the crap that came out about him after the season.

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
If true him and Durant truly deserve each other.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It definitely sounded like him towards the end, but I think this is a major reach
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That’s not him. His inflection is too high.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
What Kyrie Mike doesn't understand is Boston fans don't care about past achievements elsewhere. We are a what have you done for us lately city.

Want to get your virtual dong slob by Boston fans like they do for Brady, Papi and Pierce? Hang a banner or 2 or 6!!
ok fine

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Apparently the guy called back in to confirm he wasn't Kyrie.

Besides, I doubt Kyrie is 1.) in Boston right now. 2.) Listening to the dreck that is Boston sports radio if he is.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
https://www.12up.com/posts/video-it-really-sounds-like-kyrie-irving-called-into-a-boston-radio-show-to-defend-himself-01ddvj1c6mak/partners/36273

It would be irresponsible on our part if we didn't come right out and say that it is NOT confirmed that the voice in the clip below is actually Kyrie Irving...but it sure sounds like him! An anonymous mystery man -- "Mikey from Waltham, Mass.," to be exact -- called into "Zolak and Bertrand," a popular Boston sports talk radio show to rip the Celtics' allegedly unappreciative fan base. He insisted that they deserve to be in the free agent limbo they're currently dealing with. Have a listen.

The hosts of the show actually had to go back and listen to the episode, because they didn't pick up on the uncanny voice resemblance at first when "Mikey" called in.

We were a bit skeptical at first -- and definitely still are -- but when Zolak and Bertrand played the clip repeatedly alongside a soundbite of Kyrie speaking to reporters from earlier in the season, it became [dang] near impossible to pinpoint a difference in the two voices.

Even some Celtics fans are convinced.

I'm not convinced, but it does sound like his voice lol Listen to the video.

And that certainly seems consistent with Kyrie's character and personality to do something like that, especially after all the crap that came out about him after the season.

that is quite a reach stretch armstrong lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Could be him I see what they mean. If it's so it's true that Irving was never welcomed with open arms. The majority didn't want him here.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I doubt that caller was Kyrie.  It doesn't really sound like him to me.  But the caller was absolutely right.

The Kyrie haters are a disgusting lot.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Doubt it was him, but "IF" it was.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQ0LZSnJFE

.......then Kyrie was certainly channeling his childhood love for Life Cereal................

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Lol, Definitely sounds like him to me, but it makes no difference.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Wow, that was freaky. It sure sounded like him. His speech cadence was very similar.

I would definitely expect a phone to sound very different than a Mic too. 

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I doubt that caller was Kyrie.  It doesn't really sound like him to me.  But the caller was absolutely right.

Yeah, how dare anybody dislike Kyrie after he:
- Forced his way out of Cleveland because his ego was too bit to accept being #2 to Lebron James
- Specifically asked to go to Boston when traded (as one of his destinations)
- Went out of his way to declare to the fans publicly that he intended to re-sign with Boston
- Came out a couple of months later to basically say "I don't owe you anything I'll go where I want"
- Was allegedly incapable of creating a positive relationship with Boston's seemingly high character young players
- Allegedly had no interest in being coached by Brad Stevens
- Seems to lie to anybody and everybody and tell a totally different story depending how how he feels any given day
- Seems totally unwilling to sacrifice anything for wins, and yet failed to carry Boston as a leader on or off the court

I certainly don't hate Kyrie, but my feelings towards him are not very positive and I think that's fair.  He just seems like a disloyal, egocentric headcase who doesn't know what he wants, has no problems lying to anybody and everybody just to get people off his case.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'll say this about Kyrie -

For someone who has - unfortunately - become such a polarizing figure dude DID improve defensively and seemed to be TRYING to get better in other aspects of his game - such as distributing.

Dude was our starting PG during our 16 game winning streak in 17-18..

Dude CERTAINLY would've put us over the top against LeBron James and CLE in 2017-18 if it wasn't for DANNY shutting him down for knee surgery.....

Dude was among the TEAM LEADERS in taking CHARGES...giving it up with his BODY - for the TEAM......

Off the court? Dude gave BACK to the Tribe associated with his family

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24454604/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-gets-little-mountain-lakota-name-standing-rock-sioux-tribe

Tell you what - read that article and it should tell you something towards the young man's character........

Yup...."MEAN OL' SELFISH KYRIE IRVING".....................................................
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:33:57 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, how dare anybody dislike Kyrie after he:
- Forced his way out of Cleveland because his ego was too bit to accept being #2 to Lebron James
- Specifically asked to go to Boston when traded (as one of his destinations)
- Went out of his way to declare to the fans publicly that he intended to re-sign with Boston
- Came out a couple of months later to basically say "I don't owe you anything I'll go where I want"
- Was allegedly incapable of creating a positive relationship with Boston's seemingly high character young players
- Allegedly had no interest in being coached by Brad Stevens
- Seems to lie to anybody and everybody and tell a totally different story depending how how he feels any given day
- Seems totally unwilling to sacrifice anything for wins, and yet failed to carry Boston as a leader on or off the court

I certainly don't hate Kyrie, but my feelings towards him are not very positive and I think that's fair.  He just seems like a disloyal, egocentric headcase who doesn't know what he wants, has no problems lying to anybody and everybody just to get people off his case.

This is a very good post - tp.

I would gladly welcome Kyrie back with open arms, but the guy is a loser and a jerk if/when he leaves.