Author Topic: Lakers (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 6/8  (Read 87511 times)

Re: Lakers (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game 3 6/8
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i hope so...i mean two of these refs are clowns....i am worried that 1. boston loses tonight b/c these refs suck and 2. perk gets his next tech and misses the next game...screwing boston again
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:32:44 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We just need to come out as the agressor.  This makes it much more difficult for any officiating crew to overly influence the game.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Great Job FL -TP- and great Celtics injuries preview, I agree with you.

The Celtics need to take this one... then we can talk about game 4. KG will be great tonight and Shelden will make some purple scarecrow look like Rambis in 1984. Fiasco in game 2 was only to make the fakers feel confident, it's just another of Docs tactics  ;D

Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm really looking forward to this game! Definitely a big, big one, if not the biggest of the series.

Either L.A is going to strike hard and get HCA back right away, and put pressure on the C's for the next 2 home games, or Boston will beat L.A and put all the pressure on them for the next games, taking a big 2-1 lead (and big psychological edge).

There a lot of factors involved in this game but, to me, one interesting subplot will be L.A's level of play in Boston. The Lakers are only 4-4 on the road in these playoffs and the Garden will be fired up even more than in 2008 in my opinion. How will they play in such a hostile environment? Logic says they won't be affected by it but there is still a chance they fold in this environment, get flashbacks of 2008 and get destroyed. Don't think it will happen but it could... anyway we will be fixed about it tonight!

Also, I was hoping for some "homecooking" officiating for us which would only be fair after the first two games in L.A and the FT differential, so I was hoping Boston would get more FT's on drives to the basket (they didn't get any of them on obvious fouls in game 2, especially Paul) and L.A's big men would be in foul trouble, but seeing the officiating crew for tonight... forget it. And I expect our bigs to get called for A LOT of moving screens. ::)

Anyway, can't wait to see the Garden crowd and the players introduction, it will probably we awesome/epic!

I hope Pierce has a bounce back game and KG wakes up, fueled by the crowd.

Definitely a crucial game tonight. Let's win this one, TP FL (awesome preview pics  ;D) and go Celtics!!

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Man, Pierce's spelling is turrible!  ;)  TP FL, nice preview.

I'm not too worried about the officials because what can you do?  A lot of times I worry these guys are gonna butcher a game and nothing comes of it.

I definitely hope Perk is smart enough to keep his mouth shut tonight though.  Salvatore will T him up and get him suspended just to show he can. 

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
We need to go to the basket early and often and for once put Gasol and Bynum in foul trouble...If KG and Perk can do that, then our BBD and Sheed would eat their reserve bigs alive...
I expect big game from The Truth...
Beat LA
Naprijed Celticsi, Hrvatska vas voli.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Under 7 hours to go! Big big game tonight!!

Attack the basket guys! In Rondo I trust. Go Celtics!!

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I am desperate for a Celtics win tonight.

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
This is one of those pivotal games where anything can happen and good luck to the bettors who try their luck on making money off the results.

Celtics would be better served running off their defensive stops and getting into quick hitters before the Faker defense sets. It could be Ray for Threeeeeeee! or Garnett and Perkins filling the lane on a fast break.

On defense - Celtics could use a guard rotation of Rondo, TA, and Nate Robinson to double on the blocks and rotate to the shooters, running them off the 3 point line and boxing out on the midrangers. I saw some evidence of this strategy being implemented in the 4th qtr of game 2 with positive results. I look for that to continue.

Play with Poise - Judging by the officials reports, it appears that this will not by an easy game for the Celtics. When faced with dubuious calls that go against the Celtics, they must not lose their poise.

On Pierce saying, we aren't going back to LA, it will be very tought for the Celtics to get 2, 3, 4, and 5. It would be a storybook ending for the Celtics in 2010, refuting all the media arguments of their demise, and denying Jackson his record breaking 11th title. We can all smoke like Red to that. 
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
FLCeltsFan, you have outdone yourself today - the dogs and the twitter are inspired.  And for the record, I'm with celticsmaestro--desperate baby, desperate!

Who's ready?   :)    

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
FLCeltsFan, you have outdone yourself today - the dogs and the twitter are inspired.  And for the record, I'm with celticsmaestro--desperate baby, desperate!

Who's ready?   :)   

*raises her hand*

Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
FLCeltsFan, you have outdone yourself today - the dogs and the twitter are inspired.  And for the record, I'm with celticsmaestro--desperate baby, desperate!

Who's ready?   :)    

*raises her hand*

Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!

Perfect attitude!

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves

Who's ready?   :)   

*raises her hand*

Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!
Beat L.A.!!!

Perfect attitude!

;D

Thank you, thank you very much. (TP for the compliment.  ;))
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Rebound, find Rondo and run with him, that's all we need
GO Boston
off topic question, how are Red Sox doing today, are they gonna win? Thank you
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Go Celtics.

Man, I hate the reffing assignment. Then again usually do.
Hoping KG and Pierce step up.