Author Topic: Karma  (Read 14041 times)

Re: Karma
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The only problem I have with the TP system, are all the posts that involve quoting a post and then mentioning that you're going to TP it. Then the person comes right back "Hey TP right back at you" then some other guy comes and says "Hey, I want to get into the TP bandwagon, I'll TP you also"... then when it's all said and done, you have like 5 posts in a row with simply saying "Here's a TP" types of posts. I don't know, it feels distracting and it kinda derails some of the discussions.

I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but it simply seems inappropite to me. I like the idea of some anonymity for these types of things, but since the system doesn't allow to figure out what posts you're getting TP'ed for, then I guess it's somewhat understandable. But in the end, you see the same circle of people thread after thread just quoting each other just to TP each other. It annoys the heck out of me some times.

TP4U

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Karma
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The only problem I have with the TP system, are all the posts that involve quoting a post and then mentioning that you're going to TP it. Then the person comes right back "Hey TP right back at you" then some other guy comes and says "Hey, I want to get into the TP bandwagon, I'll TP you also"... then when it's all said and done, you have like 5 posts in a row with simply saying "Here's a TP" types of posts. I don't know, it feels distracting and it kinda derails some of the discussions.

I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but it simply seems inappropite to me. I like the idea of some anonymity for these types of things, but since the system doesn't allow to figure out what posts you're getting TP'ed for, then I guess it's somewhat understandable. But in the end, you see the same circle of people thread after thread just quoting each other just to TP each other. It annoys the heck out of me some times.
So true.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale