Author Topic: USA Vs. Mexico  (Read 10575 times)

Re: USA Vs. Mexico
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »

Offline dinguspie

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I for one am really, really annoyed this game isn't being broadcasted in English. Stupid.

That said, I'm dusting off the Spanish English dictionary for this afternoon haha

Actually it looks like mun2 will feature an english language feed:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/07/usa-mexico_tv_update_1.html

Go USA! 

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I for one am really, really annoyed this game isn't being broadcasted in English. Stupid.

That said, I'm dusting off the Spanish English dictionary for this afternoon haha

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/07/usa-mexico_tv_update_1.html

Go USA! 

Thanks and TP for the find/efffort, but I don't get that channel. Neither does my gym, so I'm stuck with the Spanish Telemundo feed.

I'm not sold on this presentation, particularly when ESPN is carrying a pregame show!
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Again? I thought these teams already met.

There are 6 teams in the final round. Top 3 go to the World Cup, 4th place team has a playoff with the 5th place team from South America for a trip to the Cup. Each of the 6 teams play the other 5 teams twice, once at home and once away. We played Mexico already, I think in Columbus in February.

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Go USA! 

Thanks and TP for the find/efffort, but I don't get that channel. Neither does my gym, so I'm stuck with the Spanish Telemundo feed.

I'm not sold on this presentation, particularly when ESPN is carrying a pregame show!

Espn doesn't have rights to away games, the host country does. Sometimes espn obtains the rights to those away games and sometimes they can't get them. If you have mun2 as an available channel but don't subscribe to that particular package (mainly on satellite, I think) the station is available for free today only.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 12:16:59 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
ESPN has the game at 3:30, it's on their website.

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Go USA! 

Espn doesn't have rights to away games, the host country does. Sometimes espn obtains the rights to those away games and sometimes they can't get them. If you have mun2 as an available channel but don't subscribe to that particular package (mainly on satellite, I think) the station is available for free today only.

Gotcha... Thanks for the info.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
it still pathetic to pump up a game with a special and then not show it.

i have watched so many european and other international games. most of them have commentary in so many languages. but the video feed rights go to the host country

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Dont want to jinx it but
1-1 is a pretty good result  for USA and for El Salvador
and a terrible one for Mexico
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Dont want to jinx it but

of course and as supposed i absolutely jinx it

:'( :'( :'(

Nice to be back!

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Dont want to jinx it but

Wow.  That jinx took about 4 minutes to work.  Ouch.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Dont want to jinx it but

Wow.  That jinx took about 4 minutes to work.  Ouch.

me and my

Nice to be back!

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 11:32:59 PM »

Offline indyceltic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I really thought we were going to win tonight down in Azteca, but we came up a little short.  I don't understand while Bradley waited to put Altidore in until 15 minutes to play.  If you use him as a sub put him in at halftime.  If you put him in with 15 minutes left in the game then you do not give him a chance to get into the game.  Our best front line is with Davies and Altidore with Donovan feeding them the ball.

Mexico still proves to be a dirty team with their actions against Davies and Timmy.  With Honduras crushing Costa Rica tonight Mexico remains in 4th.  If they stay in 4th they would have to play a home and home round with the 5th place South American team.  I hate Mexico and would love to see them miss out on the World Cup

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I really thought we were going to win tonight down in Azteca, but we came up a little short.  I don't understand while Bradley waited to put Altidore in until 15 minutes to play.  If you use him as a sub put him in at halftime.  If you put him in with 15 minutes left in the game then you do not give him a chance to get into the game.  Our best front line is with Davies and Altidore with Donovan feeding them the ball.

Mexico still proves to be a dirty team with their actions against Davies and Timmy.  With Honduras crushing Costa Rica tonight Mexico remains in 4th.  If they stay in 4th they would have to play a home and home round with the 5th place South American team.  I hate Mexico and would love to see them miss out on the World Cup

me too
but as salvadorian
we pretty much ruin all tonight

:'(

Nice to be back!