Author Topic: Red claws playoff thread  (Read 20132 times)

Red claws playoff thread
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Red Claws win game 1, coming back to win in OT.  I watched most of the 4th Quarter, here's a few observations:

Mickey looks good at this level, very consistent mid range jumper.  Had 14 boards but got outworked by Hansborough at times.  A couple loose turnovers when he put it on the floor, but also had some success attacking closeouts. 5 blocks.

Nader was the best looking player when it came to creating offense, had a good game shooting.

Jackson plays at a high rate and with great energy, mostly that went well but at times he gets sped up and out of control.  Good shooting game for him.

GY had a low impact game, made a few jumpers and one dunk attacking a closeout (pretty sure he got 4 steps in, but they didn't call it.)  Looked good defensively when I watched.

Anybody else watching?

Re: Red claws playoff thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Didn't see the first game.  When is the next one and how do I watch?

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:47:12 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:56:32 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Just go to the Red Claws site, http://maine.dleague.nba.com, and all will be answered.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Yabu also have a rather sweet chase down block in the 1st half

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 01:32:18 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
TP for the thread.

Gonna go see game 2 next Monday (Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is up with the six-day layoff?!?)

Mickey was awesome towards the end of game 1. Good to see the Claws be clutch in the playoffs for once.

Though that missed bunny by Nader near the end of regulation nearly drove me into a fit of rage.

Jackson was fantastic, love the aggressiveness attacking the rim. He has solid finishing ability, he really contorted his body on a few of those plays. If he plays that way in the NBA he could be a useful player.

I also liked the general unselfishness of the team. Too often in the D-league guys are trying to put up points instead of playing solid team ball. Claws were sharp and focused tonight, at least later in the game.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Didn't see the first game.  When is the next one and how do I watch?

Game 2 is next Monday.

Game 3 (if needed) is Wednesday.

As others have stated, the game is broadcast on Facebook live, all you need is a Facebook account.

The link for the next game to Facebook Live is on the Claws homepage, there will be a "play" button the day of the game at this address, so bookmark that shiznit:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170410/FWNMNE/

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
I didn't notice during the game, but old friend Ben Bentil playing for the Mad Ants.  By the numbers he's not having a particularly successful D League season.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 09:15:15 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I didn't notice during the game, but old friend Ben Bentil playing for the Mad Ants.  By the numbers he's not having a particularly successful D League season.
I wondered where he ended up.  C's still have signing rights, correct?  Could see him moved in a trade.  Yabusele, a comparably-sized player, should be better in every way.

I started watching the game late on Facebook and just couldn't keep my eyes open.  Nader looks a cut above everyone else.

Tyler Hansborough really sucks.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:21:08 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I wondered where he ended up.  C's still have signing rights, correct?  Could see him moved in a trade.  Yabusele, a comparably-sized player, should be better in every way.

I started watching the game late on Facebook and just couldn't keep my eyes open.  Nader looks a cut above everyone else.

Tyler Hansborough really sucks.

No, we used his rights when we signed him on for training camp.  We could sign him as a UFA, but so can anyone else (and because we don't have his rights and he signed with the Pacers and then Mavs after us, we can't trade his rights or sign and trade him, either)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 09:56:22 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Though that missed bunny by Nader near the end of regulation nearly drove me into a fit of rage.

Same
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Game 2 tonight, hope to see GY have a more impactful game.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:46 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Game 2 tonight, hope to see GY have a more impactful game.

Was at the game last night, was a great atmosphere.

Yab was good, 7/14 for 18 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast in 26 minutes

Mickey was awesome at both ends.

Unfortunately the Claws blew a 13-pt 4th quarter lead and lost by 1 point. It definitely put a damper on the evening.

Thankfully I was very drunk by that point  :P

Hopefully they win Wednesday.

Box score here

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170410/fwnmne/

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 09:47:44 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Red Claws win game three 124-119.

Box score here:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170412/FWNMNE/

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
You never know until they play in the NBA, but Yabu dropped 26 pts and 9 rebounds tonight. I think he might be a player for us. Have to see if it translates, it didn't for Mickey, but maybe the French guy can get it done.