Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 206213 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #1185 on: March 04, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Can't recall you ever making me an offer for Kawhi either of the two seperate times he was in my possession.  I'm guessing it must have been when CP07 had him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true. I don't remember exactly, but I basically don't think I had anything to sell you. I remember early on sneaking him into an offer involving Rondo- at the time my roster only consisted of injured players that you said you weren't interested in, and then Tyreke and Faried. Faried was one of my big target players, so we didn't have anywhere to start from.

I lost track after my negotiations with cp07 broke down. What did you give him?

« Reply #1186 on: March 04, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Can't recall you ever making me an offer for Kawhi either of the two seperate times he was in my possession.  I'm guessing it must have been when CP07 had him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true. I don't remember exactly, but I basically don't think I had anything to sell you. I remember early on sneaking him into an offer involving Rondo- at the time my roster only consisted of injured players that you said you weren't interested in, and then Tyreke and Faried. Faried was one of my big target players, so we didn't have anywhere to start from.

I lost track after my negotiations with cp07 broke down. What did you give him?

Ah never mind I see. You gave Lopez for Gortat, Leonard, and Camby.

This is the reason why I didn't make you an offer for Leonard. I figured based on this trade that you were an advanced metrics guy who valued him as much or more than i did

« Reply #1187 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I managed to get several of my target players, but ultimately I think this draft was a swing and a miss for me:

SEATTLE SUPERSONICS
1. Rajon Rondo (11), John Lucas III (1.5)
2. Tyreke Evans (5.2), Francisco Garcia (6.1)
3. Ersan Ilvasova (7.9), Steve Novak(4.3), Jonas Jerebko(4.5)
4. Kenneth Faried (1.3), Amir Johnson (6), Andrew Nicholson(1.4)
5. Anderson Varejao (8.4), Kosta Koufos(3)

CAP REMAINING: $10

I think you're beating yourself up more than you should. From a talent stand point this team is really good. You're right, injuries certainly helped you - Rondo and Varejao are great values.

I think your mistake is getting caught up in the concept of a 'go to scorer' as opposed to just focusing on guys in the wing who can defend and shoot. Faried and Varejao are going to dominate the boards and get you into transition where Rondo excels, you really just need guys who are going to convert looks.

Maybe you should've been more active in trades cuz I'm thinking that Ilyasova and Ahmir could've gotten you what you needed on the wing. And personally, I don't like the Tyreke and Rondo fit. But I know a lot of people think differently.

« Reply #1188 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
The Robinson for Humphries trade was, in my opinion, the turning point of the draft, because we super-saver-sharks were really circling celticpride07 and I thought for sure someone would pry valuable player from him in exchange for cap room.

I wouldn't call this turning point in the draft as it was the 9th round I believe this trade happened and mostly everyone's teams were set. However, I think this trade was the best examples of poor salary cap management and how I wasn't careful by drafting overpaid players. It was between humphries and Gerald Wallace I was going to move since I was legit forced to do something and kept getting my picked skipped,  and I almost was going to part with Wallace in a battier deal, but Robinson for hump was to good to refuse, but then I flipped t-rob for bonner which was a better fit for me.

And yes I only wanted to part with kawhi if it got me an all star, and I know we talked a lot but I was asking for too much, and sometimes, for me it's better to keep waiting to look for deals than rush and make trades to early in the draft. But my original team was

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

I think both are good both I prefer team 2. so Basically i traded boozer & gortat for Lopez and Dragic for Rubio, which I'd do anyday  of the week.

Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #1189 on: March 04, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The Robinson for Humphries trade was, in my opinion, the turning point of the draft, because we super-saver-sharks were really circling celticpride07 and I thought for sure someone would pry valuable player from him in exchange for cap room.

I wouldn't call this turning point in the draft as it was the 9th round I believe this trade happened and mostly everyone's teams were set. However, I think this trade was the best examples of poor salary cap management and how I wasn't careful by drafting overpaid players. It was between humphries and Gerald Wallace I was going to move since I was legit forced to do something and kept getting my picked skipped,  and I almost was going to part with Wallace in a battier deal, but Robinson for hump was to good to refuse, but then I flipped t-rob for bonner which was a better fit for me.

And yes I only wanted to part with kawhi if it got me an all star, and I know we talked a lot but I was asking for too much, and sometimes, for me it's better to keep waiting to look for deals than rush and make trades to early in the draft. But my original team was

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

I think both are good both I prefer team 2. so Basically i traded boozer & gortat for Lopez and Dragic for Rubio, which I'd do anyday  of the week.

To be honest, in the fifty messages we had, you were being overly stubborn and only taking deals heavily favored towards you. :D (maybe I was too demanding) You wanted ZBo for filler. :P I mean, come on. :D :D :D

I guess you just didn't like me :D :P ??? But yes, you made a decent team at the end ;D Good job.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1190 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

To be honest, in the fifty messages we had, you were being overly stubborn and only taking deals heavily favored towards you. :D (maybe I was too demanding) You wanted ZBo for filler. :P I mean, come on. :D :D :D

I guess you just didn't like me :D :P ??? But yes, you made a decent team at the end ;D Good job.

Yes I will say celticpride gave me the most lowball offers and some I just simply didn't respond to as they were laughable.

That being said, he finally got me to bite on one. My TRob for Humphires trade was a bad one. I was way below the cap floor and CP caught me in a minute of panic. Moments after the trade I was thinking to myself "why the hell did you do that?" So his lowball offers eventually paid off but that's the beauty of these as you learn a lot throughout.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #1191 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:47 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
Besides my own trade I was shocked that Dallas accepted CP's deal of Dragic/Waitors for Rubio/Derozan as Rubio is much better than Dragic and Derozan is much better than Waitors. So his frugal attitude paid off and he got some real steals.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #1192 on: March 04, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

Yes I will say celticpride gave me the most lowball offers and some I just simply didn't respond to as they were laughable.

That being said, he finally got me to bite on one. My TRob for Humphires trade was a bad one. I was way below the cap floor and CP caught me in a minute of panic. Moments after the trade I was thinking to myself "why the hell did you do that?" So his lowball offers eventually paid off but that's the beauty of these as you learn a lot throughout.

Brute force ftw. Keep annoying the trade partner, and if he really wants a trade, he'll make one eventually!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1193 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

Brute force ftw. Keep annoying the trade partner, and if he really wants a trade, he'll make one eventually!

I'm not sure cause I tried this same tactic with some people and I think all I did was make some enemies here on CB (sorry KC :-X)
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #1194 on: March 04, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Dragic
Wade
Wallace
Boozer
Gortat

And ended:

Rubio
Wade
Derozan
Wallace
Lopez

I'm not sure cause I tried this same tactic with some people and I think all I did was make some enemies here on CB (sorry KC :-X)

Me too (lol ronaldo)

But some people are trade-obsessed and just might fall for a dummy-deal! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1195 on: March 04, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Key thing when trading, learn when to say no, and stick to your guns.  Also, if you can set the narrative so that your trade partner is the one dealing from a position of greater "need", you're likely to get more value for your assets. Never leave yourself appearing desperate.

« Reply #1196 on: March 04, 2013, 07:10:56 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
Key thing when trading, learn when to say no, and stick to your guns.  Also, if you can set the narrative so that your trade partner is the one dealing from a position of greater "need", you're likely to get more value for your assets. Never leave yourself appearing desperate.

Yeah for awhile there I was blindly trading with no real direction as it was the funnest part for me. I came in with a pretty good plan built around Rubio/Love and then blew the whole thing up as I got bored. Really wish I would of stood my ground as I think I could of built a very good team around those players.

Also, another thing I learned was where certain players get drafted. There were many times where I'd say "man if I knew player x was gonna be available, no way I would of made that trade.."

Overall I had a ton of fun and wish we could do it again this week
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #1197 on: March 04, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

I agree. If I ever do this again, I shall be much more enlightened, and I shall take the place of he who trades M. Gasol for Klay T..
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1198 on: March 04, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222

To be honest, in the fifty messages we had, you were being overly stubborn and only taking deals heavily favored towards you.  (maybe I was too demanding) You wanted ZBo for filler.  I mean, come on.   

I guess you just didn't like me    But yes, you made a decent team at the end  Good job.

I like everyone! I think you both are new GM's, and yes you new gm's  were targets of most of my trade solicitations, kg knees I talked to a lot, might also have been a new gm. I always start with low offers, why would you want to overpay? and if really want that player i will keep increasing my offers. Ask most of the veteran gm's, I very seldom make bad trades on my behalf, but with that said for some reason I suck at the summer draft and do well in the pick 2 draft.  On a side note I probably sent 500 PMs at least to everyone this draft, I think I was addicted :o

I just want to thank all the new and old gms that respond to PMs, being an active gm is very Important in these drafts, and makes it more fun, If you new guys think pick2 was intense wait until the summer draft, it is way more competitive.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #1199 on: March 04, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

To be honest, in the fifty messages we had, you were being overly stubborn and only taking deals heavily favored towards you.  (maybe I was too demanding) You wanted ZBo for filler.  I mean, come on.   

I guess you just didn't like me    But yes, you made a decent team at the end  Good job.

I like everyone! I think you both are new GM's, and yes you new gm's  were targets of most of my trade solicitations, kg knees I talked to a lot, might also have been a new gm. I always start with low offers, why would you want to overpay? and if really want that player i will keep increasing my offers. Ask most of the veteran gm's, I very seldom make bad trades on my behalf, but with that said for some reason I suck at the summer draft and do well in the pick 2 draft.  On a side note I probably sent 500 PMs at least to everyone this draft, I think I was addicted :o

I just want to thank all the new and old gms that respond to PMs, being an active gm is very Important in these drafts, and makes it more fun, If you new guys think pick2 was intense wait until the summer draft, it is way more competitive.

Yeah, I was new to this particular style of "fantasy" draft.  Not a novice when it comes to trade negotiations though.  I honestly felt I got the better (in total) of our two deals, but concede that things worked out well for you in the end also, as result of our different roster needs.

You can't really expect me to believe you would trade Gortat/Boozer straight up for Lopez (which wasn't really the entire bottom line anyway)?