Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 206446 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #1095 on: March 02, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
Final roster
Coach: Scott Brooks

Lawson/ Augustin/ Fisher
Beal / Rip Hamilton
MKG/ Nick Young/ Jan
Thad Young/ Sully/ Mirotic
DMC/ Haywood
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #1096 on: March 02, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
IP's Thoughts On The Thunder:

PG: Jrue Holiday, Kirk Hinrich, Keyon Dooling
SG: Keith Bogans, Alexey Shved, E'Twaun Moore
SF: Kevin Durant, Mickael Gelabale
PF: Josh Smith, Lamar Odom, (Jason Thompson)
C: Kendrick Perkins, Jason Thompson, Hasheem Thabeet

I Love: Foundation around Holiday, Durant, and Smith. Very similar to what the Thunder have now, although weaker in some areas, they're stronger in others. While not the current flavor of the month, I think Smith to be at worst a peer of Ibaka's on defense, if not his better. On offense, Ibaka has a very definite skill with a jumper, but Smith is a much better package. He always gets accused of having a terrible shot selection, but people forget he's the first option on offense and was every time Joe Johnson wasn't on the floor. With Durant he is the clear as day second option, and

(will finish later)

Love a good cliffhanger, especially when it stops before it gets real ugly  :)

Thanks IP
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #1097 on: March 02, 2013, 07:15:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Finished Thunder.

AB, thanks for the write up and praise. Agree with most everything, although of course Im a little higher on my guys, but they're my guys so..figures.

Teletovic, I drafted because he's just not as bad as he looks right now. He's getting used to the NBA 3pt line, and I'll bet my shirt that he turns into a difference maker for NJ next season.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1098 on: March 02, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

I really like the idea of this team with Lamar Odom at center instead of Perk in a running team. Paul Westphal is the coach. He'd be great with that type of a team.

Josh Smith would be incredible at power forward in that type of a setup.

« Reply #1099 on: March 02, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Final roster

Lawson/ Augustin/ Fisher
Beal / Rip Hamilton
MKG/ Nick Young/ Jan
DMC/ Haywood

Love this line up. Pretty sure you win for best young team
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #1100 on: March 02, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Wow, IP sure does go all out with the write-ups.  I can't wait to see what he says about my team, if he dares.  ;)

Not gonna pretend to be the wordsmith you are IP, but I do actually like the team you've built.  Irving and Barnes are going to be something special together in a few years.  Anderson is defintely a good complement at PF.  His ability to spread the floor will work great with the drive and dish gaame of Irving, and Barnes ability to get to get the basket as well.

You just have make sure to just let Bynum sign elsewhere next year though.  Dude is washed up.  I'd imagine you should still have cap space to figure out a better option at center with Bynum's contract off the books.

« Reply #1101 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Detroit Pistons (Newsies)
PG: Darren Collison 2.3/ Rodney Stuckey 8.5
SG: Courtney Lee 5.0/Willie Green 1.3/ Rodrigue Beaubois 2.3
SF:Chandler Parsons 0.88/Stephen Jackson 10.0/ Perry Jones 1.0
PF: Greg Monroe 3.2/Tyler Hansborogh 3.0/Austin Daye 3.0
C: Andre Drummond 2.3/Andrea Bargnani 10.0

Total Money spent: 52.7

More economical and better.

« Reply #1102 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Final roster

Lawson/ Augustin/ Fisher
Beal / Rip Hamilton
MKG/ Nick Young/ Jan
DMC/ Haywood

Love this line up. Pretty sure you win for best young team

There's a few other's I would put up there too, but this has to be the best young line-up.

My only question is, is  this the right enviroment for DMC to reach his full potential?  It seems like the whole thing here hinges on him.  As good as Lawson is, and Beal/MKG probably will be, DMC is the only one with true super-star potential.

Brooks is probably the right coach for the job though.

« Reply #1103 on: March 02, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I really like the idea of this team with Lamar Odom at center instead of Perk in a running team. Paul Westphal is the coach. He'd be great with that type of a team.

Josh Smith would be incredible at power forward in that type of a setup.

I disagree, there's no way Lamar Odom can be a center unless it's in a celebrity basketball game. Nowhere near strong enough nor committed enough to taking contact.

« Reply #1104 on: March 02, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Wow, IP sure does go all out with the write-ups.  I can't wait to see what he says about my team, if he dares.  ;)

Not gonna pretend to be the wordsmith you are IP, but I do actually like the team you've built.  Irving and Barnes are going to be something special together in a few years.  Anderson is defintely a good complement at PF.  His ability to spread the floor will work great with the drive and dish gaame of Irving, and Barnes ability to get to get the basket as well.

You just have make sure to just let Bynum sign elsewhere next year though.  Dude is washed up.  I'd imagine you should still have cap space to figure out a better option at center with Bynum's contract off the books.

One thing I found out that was pretty interesting: In trade talks the Hornets have made Ryan Anderson (still just 24 yrs old on a very affordable contract) untouchable. They're committed to keeping him, and it cost them a deal on the table for Pau Gasol.

« Reply #1105 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

One thing I found out that was pretty interesting: In trade talks the Hornets have made Ryan Anderson (still just 24 yrs old on a very affordable contract) untouchable. They're committed to keeping him, and it cost them a deal on the table for Pau Gasol.

Give me Anderson over Gasol any day of the week

« Reply #1106 on: March 02, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I think Pau Gasol is actually the superior player but for NO he makes no sense
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #1107 on: March 02, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

I think Pau Gasol is actually the superior player but for NO he makes no sense

Ryan Anderson gives you a better bang for your buck

« Reply #1108 on: March 02, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Teletovic, 10 minutes, 4-7 from the field, 1-2 from range, +3 tonight against the bulls. Kind of exactly what you want from your bench stretch 4.

Just sound drafting here folks, nothin magic about it, despite how it might look.

« Reply #1109 on: March 02, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Teletovic, 10 minutes, 4-7 from the field, 1-2 from range, +3 tonight against the bulls. Kind of exactly what you want from your bench stretch 4.

Just sound drafting here folks, nothin magic about it, despite how it might look.